Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
My makeup finally finally stayed on this yt!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 4:29 pm
I wake up every single shabbos and yt morning with a bare face. I have tried every trick in the book and finally found a combination that worked for me. Just sharing in case in can help soomeone else.

1. applied this every day for a week before yt. really helped that I wasnt pale although it had some streaks which I didn't love. https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....;th=1

2. applied full face of makeup, then applied these lashes on top. It takes a while, so leave yourself some time before candlelighting. I really think that somehow the lash/glue combination hold my eye makeup in place quite nicely. I applied another layer of liquid liner on top once the glue set.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-P.....46987
https://www.amazon.com/Strip-E.....psc=1

3. This is the first year I used this and I am quite impressed. Its the same idea as sleeping with a slip on your pillow, but much better.
https://www.themiva.com/shop/p.....ation

Lots of luck!

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 4:38 pm
Has anyone else used this pillow case?
Does it really work?

Mascara is my biggest issue as I wear very little makeup to begin with and use powdered Shabbos makeup

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 4:42 pm
Lol I thought it said "Mikvah Makeup Keeper" and wondered why anyone would want to keep on their makeup for mikvah...

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 4:44 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Does it really work?

Mascara is my biggest issue as I wear very little makeup to begin with and use powdered Shabbos makeup

You know that neighbor of yours with flawless makeup on the second day of YT? This pillow case is her secret. At least that’s what the ad says 😝

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 5:13 pm
It’s most likely the sunkissed glow you see on your skin from the Jergens and not so much makeup that stayed on.
When I self tan my face doesn’t look so bad on second day Yom Tov.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 5:23 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
You know that neighbor of yours with flawless makeup on the second day of YT? This pillow case is her secret. At least that’s what the ad says 😝

That is why I want to know if anyone here has been using one and what they think.

ETA-unless a professional makeup lady did my makeup (and within the last 10 minutes) it is far from flawless.

lotus2525

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 9:31 pm
I have it. Not better than a regular slip

lotus2525

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 9:34 pm
Is the self tanning thing healthy and safe for the skin?

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 9:37 pm
I usually put on liquid foundation then I put powder foundation on top of that and then I put basic eyeshadow blush lipstick, I put powder foundation on top of lipstick and blend it in and then put another coat and my makeup always stays on.

Each person's face is different though and some skin types hold makeup better than others.

My dd just bought a finishing spray so I might try it and see what that does.

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 1:49 am
Does it really work?

I used the Miva pillowcase on yt and it actually really worked! My husband was raising eyebrows when I put it on my pillow but when I woke up with a full face of makeup he was quite impressed. Not dreading three day shavuous anymore! Actually bought another one for my oldest daughter who is always so self conscious about leaving the house shabbos day.

rachel05

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 1:54 am
lotus2525 wrote:
I have it. Not better than a regular slip

personally, the Miva pillowcase works much better for me then a slip. I used to use a slip also but always felt the slip was so uncomfortable I always woke up with it half off my pillow. The Miva pillowcase is not a major investment I say its worth the buyw

rachel05

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 1:57 am
lotus2525 wrote:
Is the self tanning thing healthy and safe for the skin?

I used to always use tanner, but recently heard it goes under the skin and causes aging damage. Heard about a tanning makeup product that's officially good for skin. Going to do some more research and post..

amother
Iris

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 4:43 am
rachel05 wrote:
I used to always use tanner, but recently heard it goes under the skin and causes aging damage. Heard about a tanning makeup product that's officially good for skin. Going to do some more research and post..

Let me know. Would also love a tanning product that isn't damaging.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 8:48 am
Where can I purchase the Miva in BP?

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 9:23 am
I don’t care about eye make up but I have horrible acne all my life and wear make up every day
I hattte sbhabbos and yom tov
Does this pillow case or even a slip actually help foundation stay on

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 9:34 am
rachel05 wrote:
personally, the Miva pillowcase works much better for me then a slip. I used to use a slip also but always felt the slip was so uncomfortable I always woke up with it half off my pillow. The Miva pillowcase is not a major investment I say its worth the buyw

So it's not that the pillowcase works better, just that for you the slip didn't stay in place. Just clarifying!!

lotus2525

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 10:07 am
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
So it's not that the pillowcase works better, just that for you the slip didn't stay in place. Just clarifying!!

I had a pillowcase from elegant linen that was like a slip. The miva wasn’t better than that or just any slip. And the one from Ben barber doesn’t slide either

emee2

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 8:20 pm
Is the pillowcase satin?

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 9:56 pm
amother [ Candycane ] wrote:
I don’t care about eye make up but I have horrible acne all my life and wear make up every day
I hattte sbhabbos and yom tov
Does this pillow case or even a slip actually help foundation stay on

Yes a slip helps foundation stay on. Try it. Do you use powder over your foundation? Also are you using a waterproof oil free foundation?

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 9:57 pm
Does it really work?

Which Mascara do you use? That's usually the product that stays on the best.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics