Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Dekal
  Previous  1  2  3   12  13  14  Next

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 10:01 pm
It seemed great on Instagram. What a disappointment.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 10:07 pm
amother [ DarkPurple ] wrote:
It seemed great on Instagram. What a disappointment.

I am waiting for one just ONE honest influencer to apologize and clarify this product. In my personal and professional life I always try to give my business to Jewish businesses, but this is just not right.

amother
Narcissus

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 10:10 pm
amother [ Dandelion ] wrote:
I am waiting for one just ONE honest influencer to apologize and clarify this product. In my personal and professional life I always try to give my business to Jewish businesses, but this is just not right.

The Comic Cook posted her disappointment and an apology.

amother
Narcissus

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 10:11 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
I got an imitation here, worked well.

An imitation? It's a brand new product, what's an imitation of it?

amother
Dandelion

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 10:12 pm
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
The Comic Cook posted her disappointment and an apology.

My respect to her! I appreciate her honesty.

ImmaBubby

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 10:21 pm
I feel so validated.
I found it easier to apply and it looked so nice, but I struggled to get it off as much as I had with contact paper and I haven’t even dealt with the residue yet. My countertops are Formica.

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 10:26 pm
I spent $130 on Dekal and my counters are thick with residue. I'm using goo gone, clorox etc and it's a very slow go. Anyone had success with different products to remove it?

After trying everything else, winded has been the most effective, that being said, I will still need to do a few more times till it’s all gone. Would not use it again 😩

momaholic

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 10:26 pm
I scrubbed and scrubbed with goo gone, magic sponge, soap etc and still sticky residue.

WitchKitty

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 10:27 pm
An imitation? It's a brand new product, what's an imitation of it?

It's brand new in the US, there are a few companies in Israel for the past few years.

Ruchi

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 10:29 pm
The influencers should NOT have raved about it before PROPERLY testing it out for 8 days.
I find it very dishonest and non transparent to conduct a so called "quick patch test" and then go on to praise and extol it's virtues, whilst luring in the masses.
Influencers carry a responsibility and should not be enticing people to buy goods that don't live up to their claims.

amother
Narcissus

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 10:30 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
It's brand new in the US, there are a few companies in Israel for the past few years.

Are the Israeli brands better? Do they leave residue?

amother
Freesia

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 10:49 pm
Ruchi wrote:
The influencers should NOT have raved about it before PROPERLY testing it out for 8 days.
I find it very dishonest and non transparent to conduct a so called "quick patch test" and then go on to praise and extol it's virtues, whilst luring in the masses.
Influencers carry a responsibility and should not be enticing people to buy goods that don't live up to their claims.

I dont think there is ONE honest instagram influencer...would never buy something they promote! Burnt way to many times...

Ruchi

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 10:52 pm
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
I dont think there is ONE honest instagram influencer...would never buy something they promote! Burnt way to many times...

If they prove themselves to be dishonest , they will lose all credibility and influence

WitchKitty

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 10:56 pm
Are the Israeli brands better? Do they leave residue?

The good ones don't.
And, apparently, the one I used. I can check the name later.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 10:58 pm
Yes, we were left with residue too.
However, my disappointment started already when dh saw it at a local hardware store and bought the silver (the prettier marble designs were sold out) and paid $39.99 a roll, while it's only $32.50 on the website.

frumama

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 11:00 pm
Saw it advertised all over but looked like expensive contact paper. How is it different ( besides for the difficulty in removing it) than using plain old contact paper

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 11:05 pm
frumama wrote:
Saw it advertised all over but looked like expensive contact paper. How is it different ( besides for the difficulty in removing it) than using plain old contact paper

It is glorified contact paper

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Apr 23 2022, 11:12 pm
I spent $130 on Dekal and my counters are thick with residue. I'm using goo gone, clorox etc and it's a very slow go. Anyone had success with different products to remove it?

Talk about a "cover up"... (Pun intended)

The company have a nerve to mislead and deceive the public in such a manner with outright lies. It's nothing short of appalling. They ought to provide a full refund.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 12:39 am
I was shocked people were buying it, it’s literally expensive contact paper…

Was also told something that thin needs to be only on kashered counters. I did contact paper when I had granite counters but now I don’t so we did heavy duty tablecloths…

DrMom

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 12:45 am
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
I was shocked people were buying it, it’s literally expensive contact paper…

Was also told something that thin needs to be only on kashered counters. I did contact paper when I had granite counters but now I don’t so we did heavy duty tablecloths…

Seems easier to just kasher granite counters than cover them.

Just curious why the thickness of the cover matters if it is non-porous.
Page 2 of 14   Previous  1  2  3   12  13  14  Next Recent Topics