Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Dekal
  Previous  1  2  3 11 12  13  14  Next

Ruchi

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:30 am
ValleyMom wrote:
All this angst would have been alleviated had they been 100% honest from the start. They had an infomercial and Gitty should have stated something like:

"This product is easy to put on and look how quick and easy it is to take off? Now remember, I only had this Dekal on for about ten minutes, you will have it on for a full week of use. Be careful not to put hot pots or pans directly on the Dekal surface as it might melt or leave a sticky residue. If you find you have sticky residue after removal it might take a few days to remove. If you have any questions feel free to contact us at...."

They were not 100% honest with us innocent consumers. The influencers have a responsibility to the general public as well. They could have said something like:

"This Dekal product looks and feels beautiful. I haven't tried it yet but I watched the infomercial on the Dekal website and it looks easy to put on. I am curious how it will remove after a week of heavy use. Gitty made it look super easy but she probably didn't have it on her countertop very long. Let me know how it works for you after Pesach!"

Honesty is always the best way to go!

You are 1000% correct.

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:31 am
For anyone looking for a new covering option for next year. I got floor tiles cut to fit my kitchen counters by a tile cutter. I got 60 cm by 60 cm and my counters depth is 60 cm. So very few needed to be cut. They don’t slip. They stack up and we reuse them year to year. I bought whatever was on final sale. So it was fairly cheap. They are heat resistant and clean so easily.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:33 am
Ruchi wrote:
Definition of overcharge :

1. To charge (a party) an excessive price for something

The price being excessive for you, does not make it excessive in general.

Ruchi

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:40 am
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
The price being excessive for you, does not make it excessive in general.

The value of Glorified contact paper is not this high. Otherwise the starting price of ALL contact paper would be higher

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:46 am
Everyone needs to go read swaddlebees stories and then dekals stories. Mi kamcha yisroel

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:49 am
amother [ DarkPurple ] wrote:
Everyone needs to go read swaddlebees stories and then dekals stories. Mi kamcha yisroel

Your not getting it it’s not as much as the product turned out a mess it was the influencers glorifying it and saying how great it was without actually fully testing it. Some influencers came out and said it will teach them a lesson to test products more thoroughly.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:50 am
Ruchi wrote:
The value of Glorified contact paper is not this high. Otherwise the starting price of ALL contact paper would be higher

Contact paper doesn't have a hechsher. Getting a hechsher cost alot of money. Contact paper melts with heat. This doesn't melt with heat. Contact paper isn't the width of a standard countertop.
Judging by the amount of people that bought the product, most people don't find the price excessive.

4g01o

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:52 am
Contact paper doesn't have a hechsher. Getting a hechsher cost alot of money. Contact paper melts with heat. This doesn't melt with heat. Contact paper isn't the width of a standard countertop.
Judging by the amount of people that bought the product, most people don't find the price excessive.

Why does it need a hechsher?

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:54 am
amother [ Obsidian ] wrote:
For anyone looking for a new covering option for next year. I got floor tiles cut to fit my kitchen counters by a tile cutter. I got 60 cm by 60 cm and my counters depth is 60 cm. So very few needed to be cut. They don’t slip. They stack up and we reuse them year to year. I bought whatever was on final sale. So it was fairly cheap. They are heat resistant and clean so easily.

Do you have a picture?

cupcake123

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:00 am

Can you screen shot? I dont have Instagram..

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:04 am
Fab4 wrote:
Why does it need a hechsher?

Many people are makpid that anything that touches food/utensils, especially hot food and on pesach, needs to have a hechsher or be kashered.
The counter covers and sink inserts we use have a hechsher.

Ruchi

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:22 am
[quote="amother [ Narcissus ]"]Contact paper doesn't have a hechsher. Getting a hechsher cost alot of money. Contact paper melts with heat. This doesn't melt with heat. Contact paper isn't the width of a standard countertop.
Quote:
Judging by the amount of people that bought the product, most people don't find the price excessive.[/quote]

They are uneducated consumers. They have no idea of prices and if something seems "amazing", they are willing to pay any price.
Some imamothers did realise this was overpriced and refrained from purchasing this. But looks like the majority of people fell for the hype and/or got taken in by the influencers.

Dekal is NOT the only contact paper that is heat resistant. The added hechsher does not warrant an additional $30 per roll.

4g01o

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:28 am
amother [ Obsidian ] wrote:

I love this idea!

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:30 am
Ruchi wrote:
They are uneducated consumers. They have no idea of prices and if something seems "amazing", they are willing to pay any price.
Some imamothers did realise this was overpriced and refrained from purchasing this. But looks like the majority of people fell for the hype and/or got taken in by the influencers.

Dekal is NOT the only contact paper that is heat resistant. The added hechsher does not warrant an additional $30 per roll.

They must’ve believed so bec they paid it

No one forced them to
They could’ve bought anything else.
They made the choice to buy this product for whatever reason.
Had it worked they would’ve been happy with their purchase.
So I’m still confused why it is robbery?

If you buy a vinyl luxury bag for $1000 are they robbing you bec you could have bought the same bag at target?

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:31 am
Ruchi wrote:

This is your opinion.
No one was forced to get it. The people that bought it obviously thought that the price is worth it. I honestly think that people would pay even more for it if it works out well.

Ruchi

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:43 am
This is your opinion.
No one was forced to get it. The people that bought it obviously thought that the price is worth it. I honestly think that people would pay even more for it if it works out well.

Exactly so because they are uneducated consumer.
Please reread what I wrote.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:53 am

Please c an you send a copy of this for those that don't have instagram.

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:58 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Please c an you send a copy of this for those that don't have instagram.

Deleted
Bec her words are beliw

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 12:33 pm

I don't think it's in order... Please excuse

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 1:01 pm
There's a reason why I personally don't trust sales people for expensive items. Example: buying a new electrical appliance. I trust the handyman with many years of experience and I ask what brand he personally would buy for his mother.
Page 12 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 11 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics