Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Dekal
  Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next

Elfrida

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 6:00 am
DrMom wrote:
Seems easier to just kasher granite counters than cover them.

Just curious why the thickness of the cover matters if it is non-porous.

If its thin theres a greater risk of it tearing.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 6:05 am
DrMom wrote:

I'm somewhat concerned about heat transfer.

But then again I kasher and cover my counters, with foil (to avoid residue) and vinyl floor tiles (thick and durable and very cheap).

Raisin

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 6:28 am
DrMom wrote:

many people cover even if they kasher.

Never used dekel but, I don't know whatever I use I hate it. Some I hate less than others. It looks messy, gets gross underneath, masking tape all over the place. I like the idea of dekel/contact paper style which looks much neater but at least I am not scrubbing off residue this morning. We have used over the years vinyl cut to counter shape, and coloured wipe clean table cloths.

I wish we had kasherable counters and a Rav who allowed that to be enough. I can deal with all the other food restrictions on pesach (peeling everything, etc) but I really struggle with this.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 6:36 am
Raisin wrote:
many people cover even if they kasher.

Never used dekel but, I don't know whatever I use I hate it. Some I hate less than others. It looks messy, gets gross underneath, masking tape all over the place. I like the idea of dekel/contact paper style which looks much neater but at least I am not scrubbing off residue this morning. We have used over the years vinyl cut to counter shape, and coloured wipe clean table cloths.

I wish we had kasherable counters and a Rav who allowed that to be enough. I can deal with all the other food restrictions on pesach (peeling everything, etc) but I really struggle with this.

If you're planning on staying in your house long-term, you can get a carpenter to make formica countertops that you can just lay over your existing counters. Put them away with your Pesach things.

If not, have you tried the vinyl floor tiles? They are the easiest and neatest thing I've tried.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 7:56 am
I don't think I will trust any influencers who promoted it again. Even those who apologized. They convinced people to spend a fortune of money for something they didn't fully try out. Why would you trust them again?

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 8:24 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
It is glorified contact paper

I think it's different than contact paper because the bottom is foil and can handle heat.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 8:27 am
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
I think it's different than contact paper because the bottom is foil and can handle heat.

Where does it say that? It says it's made of PET.

"What’s the difference between Dekal and “regular” contact paper? There are several differences. Since regular contact paper is designed to be a permanent cover, it is extremely sticky, hard to work with, and difficult to remove.

Dekal is made of PET, a lightweight but strong material that resists water, oil, and heat. It has a low adhesive backing covered specifically designed with a light adhesive that is strong enough to adhere to the surface without sticking so tightly as to make any damage when removed."

https://kosherdekal.com/blogs/news/faq

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 8:36 am
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
The Comic Cook posted her disappointment and an apology.

Raizyscooking also apologized somewhat and she said that she did not keep it on for a whole week. I found it weird to go through the entire process of applying it just to leave it on for a couple days and then not even use the product over pesach. Like, why not? Why go through all of that just to remove it?

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 8:40 am
Wow. I'm so happy to see this. I was about to get it, it was in the shopping cart...
So glad I didnt. I have brand new counters.
I covered with a thick vinyl that I buy on Amazon. So easy to put on and take off.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 8:59 am
Someone actually told me to order and they’ll bring for me (not available near me)
Sooooooo happy it didn’t end up working out! Mostly disappointed with the company’s response
Very happy with my regular cover - lesson for life IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT. I’ll definitely be keeping my regular cover

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 9:08 am
amother [ Bluebell ] wrote:
Someone actually told me to order and they’ll bring for me (not available near me)
Sooooooo happy it didn’t end up working out! Mostly disappointed with the company’s response
Very happy with my regular cover - lesson for life IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT. I’ll definitely be keeping my regular cover

Their response made it so much worse. I feel like the guy in the blue shirt put the dekal on just for the video to show how it came right off for him… I don't believe he had it on for 8 days. Their response made it like the issue was with everyone else… their counters, their cleaning… not the product.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 9:10 am
amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
Raizyscooking also apologized somewhat and she said that she did not keep it on for a whole week. I found it weird to go through the entire process of applying it just to leave it on for a couple days and then not even use the product over pesach. Like, why not? Why go through all of that just to remove it?

The comic cook said she used the product over pesach and is having the same residue issues everyone else is.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 9:12 am
amother [ Springgreen ] wrote:
Wow. I'm so happy to see this. I was about to get it, it was in the shopping cart...
So glad I didnt. I have brand new counters.
I covered with a thick vinyl that I buy on Amazon. So easy to put on and take off.

Link please

Zehava

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 9:14 am
Their response made it so much worse. I feel like the guy in the blue shirt put the dekal on just for the video to show how it came right off for him… I don't believe he had it on for 8 days. Their response made it like the issue was with everyone else… their counters, their cleaning… not the product.

Clearly they themselves made a quick buck and don’t know how to respond to everyone’s outrage. I don’t think they’ll be producing it next year regardless. Who cares about the response? No one is buying it next year and they’re not going to refund everyone.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 9:18 am
Zehava wrote:
Clearly they themselves made a quick buck and don’t know how to respond to everyone’s outrage. I don’t think they’ll be producing it next year regardless. Who cares about the response? No one is buying it next year and they’re not going to refund everyone.

No… next year it will be “new and improved! New formula, less residue, easier cleaning! Last year’s customers can get 10% off with proof of last year’s order!”.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 9:21 am
Zehava wrote:

When people buy your expensive product and it doesn't work out properly the least you can do is apologize and own up to the mistake. Saying who cares about the response is not helpful as that is not how humans work.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 9:31 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
When people buy your expensive product and it doesn't work out properly the least you can do is apologize and own up to the mistake. Saying who cares about the response is not helpful as that is not how humans work.

Yes! The ONLY reason people bought this expensive product versus cheap contact paper, was the promise made by the company and influencers that it comes off without residue.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 9:50 am

Raizy gave very clear to understand that she was going to use the Dekal for Pesach. (Even saying how all other coverings gross her out) She was lauding this product to the high heavens.
It turns out she never even used it.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 9:52 am

Agree
And actually really felt bad for comic cook. She showed her chipped nails and videoed how hard she’s working. She said she left it on for 3 days and thought it was sufficient for testing (so would I). She also said she didn’t put anything hot on her counter. She also offered free mani giveaway for those who had a bad experience cos of her recommendation, but I really don’t fault her and don’t think she should have to pay for that mani giveaway! Very thoughtful of her

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 10:10 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Raizy gave very clear to understand that she was going to use the Dekal for Pesach. (Even saying how all other coverings gross her out) She was lauding this product to the high heavens.
It turns out she never even used it.

What did she use?
Page 3 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics