Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Mishpacha Serial Light Years Away
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 3:40 pm
Can we talk about it?
I LOVE it so much!!

I wonder how it'll end with Dudi.
Also what exactly did Yaffa'le do? Was it a mixed dance party at the beach?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 6:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can we talk about it?
I LOVE it so much!!

I wonder how it'll end with Dudi.
Also what exactly did Yaffa'le do? Was it a mixed dance party at the beach?

The thing is, did Yaffa'le do it in the end?

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 6:58 pm
I would say they mean drugs but they won't write it outright.

Java

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 7:02 pm
I think the author purposely didn't say so that our imaginations would run wild Laugh

pinkpeonies

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 7:21 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I would say they mean drugs but they won't write it outright.

I really don’t think so! In their circles, just the carefree vacation environment is not ok…
I love love love all of ruti Kepler’s writing! She brings a whole new world into my life and I feel like her stories bring understanding and achdus to klal Yisrael

cupcake123

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 7:48 pm
Following loving it as well!

yidishmamma

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 7:49 pm
This is the first thing I turn to in the mishpacha. Love this serial and the one she wrote before

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 8:47 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
The thing is, did Yaffa'le do it in the end?

It was kind of vague but it seems Dudi was so upset because she had done something. No?

Also the translator is genius and deserves a lot of credit, I think this was first written in Hebrew and often translated works lose some of their flavor. I've never read the Hebrew one but this is absolutely incredible.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 8:49 pm
pinkpeonies wrote:
I really don’t think so! In their circles, just the carefree vacation environment is not ok…
I love love love all of ruti Kepler’s writing! She brings a whole new world into my life and I feel like her stories bring understanding and achdus to klal Yisrael

I so agree!! She puts down different cultures so well, that you get to really understand them without judgement.

And re the carefree vacation, I don't think Dudi would be so upset about a carefree vacation. In the last installment he was furious.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 8:50 pm
Also for some reason I don't like Chaya's husband. I hope she never moves to Neve Tzinobarim (sp?)

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:15 pm
And I don't like Nechami's husband, Shua. I want to but I don't.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It was kind of vague but it seems Dudi was so upset because she had done something. No?

Also the translator is genius and deserves a lot of credit, I think this was first written in Hebrew and often translated works lose some of their flavor. I've never read the Hebrew one but this is absolutely incredible.

Did he hear it directly from her? Or just assuming she went along with whatever the rest of the chevra did?

cupcake123

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:18 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:

Funny ! I think hes such a nice husband and nechami is annoying. Like can you just communicate with him for goodness gracious!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:20 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:

yeah I don't know about him. Sometimes I think he's a real kind guy but other times I'm like, if he's so kind and intuitive why didn't he pick up on his wife's boatload of resentment sooner? Why didn't he lighten her load and tell her that it's ok if she calls him home etc.?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:21 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
Funny ! I think hes such a nice husband and nechami is annoying. Like can you just communicate with him for goodness gracious!

It's true, Nechami needs to communicate better
but the author tries to portray him as this real intuitive guy, shouldn't he have picked up on Nechami's angst? Why is he so immensely surprised when Nechami talks about those grueling days?

momallhours

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:22 pm
Another fan here! She is so gifted I can imagine each person so clearly. I feel so bad for Nechami! She wants to be so machshiv torah but negates her needs in an extreme way. THough if Shua is the tzaddik he is why does he think it is ok to leave his wife to man everything alone?

Yes the author didnt say what Yaffale did to let us enjoy the guessing!

Yes agree that is brings achdus!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:23 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Did he hear it directly from her? Or just assuming she went along with whatever the rest of the chevra did?

Hmm I don't recall the details. To me it had seemed that he was really mad because he heard she had already done something, whatever that "thing" was.

momallhours

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:27 pm
cupcake123 wrote:

Def good point I think the author is trying to portray her as the martyr type like she said she imagined all the rebbetzins of old wagging their fingers at her ( or something like that I hope I qouted it well)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's true, Nechami needs to communicate better
but the author tries to portray him as this real intuitive guy, shouldn't he have picked up on Nechami's angst? Why is he so immensely surprised when Nechami talks about those grueling days?
I didn’t perceive him as intuitive, I see him as the classic spaced out self absorbed Lamdan.

amh

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:36 pm
I love this serial as well!! I always turn straight to it when I get mishpacha on Wednesday:)
What a talented author!
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room