Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Feeling Guilty Working From Home

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:03 am
Please help me figure out how to stop feeling guilty. Whenever I don't feel well I feel guilty asking my bosses if I can work from home. Even though I do my work and most of my work is remoting in anyway I still feel guilty. I sometimes push myself to go to work even if I don't feel well.
As an aside It's hard for me to work from home as well due to some shalom bayis issues. My DH hates it and always makes comments about it.
I feel obligated to go to the office even though I don't have to. My work is always done. How do I stop feeling like I'm doing something wrong even though in actuality it's doing something right since I don't want to spread whatever I have around my office.

amother
Brass

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:53 am
Your post would have been appropriate 3 years ago before Covid. That’s when I did WFH when sick and felt guilty. Now, 75 percent of professional workers are working from home at least one day a week, or something like that. This is the new normal. You should not feel guilty for the occasional WFH day.

With regard to your husband. Yes it can cause Shalom Bayis problems for both members of a couple to be in the house all day. I would suggest that your husband think long and hard of somewhere else that he could go when you are home. A coffee shop, a library, a bookstore, a park? We actually asked a shayla and the rabbi said that my husband has to get an office outside the house so that the kids see him leaving the house - the rabbi said it would be much better for my kids to see that.

amother
Opal

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 1:59 pm
How often are you not feeling well? This doesn’t seem like an issue that should be coming up as often as your post makes it sound like it does

bluebird

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 3:17 pm
I'm probably not one of your coworkers, but I appreciate it when sick coworkers don't come in to the office!

Would it help you to write up a list of what you do when WFH, then one of a similar day of working in the office? I bet you'll see that it's equivalent (and potentially you do more work or spend less time doing it at home because you can focus more).

Do you want help troubleshooting the conflict with your husband?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics