Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Baked Salmon with Honey Mustard and Pecan Panko Crust

Amarante

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 12:25 pm
I am sure everyone has a variant of a salmon recipe where some kind of crumbs are on top. I tried this one and it was quite nice as the panko and pecans along with the dijon mustard, honey and butter were a very tasty (and easy) preparation

If you choose to glaze ahead of time three hours would be the maximum before the glaze starts degrading the fish. I don't really think it is necessary because you can make the glaze and the dry "crumble" ahead of time and then it would take no time to glaze the fish and add the crumble. At most I would glaze an hour ahead of time and then the glaze might marinate the fish a bit without changing the texture

Baked Salmon with Honey Mustard and Pecan Panko Crust

By Jennifer Segal, adapted from Betsy Goldstein's recipe

This baked salmon with a crunchy topping takes just 20 minutes to make, yet it’s elegant enough for company.

Servings: 4

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes

INGREDIENTS

* 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
* 1 tablespoon honey
* ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
* ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* ¼ cup panko ((40 grams)
* ¼ cup finely chopped pecans (30 grams)
* 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley (optional, for color)
* 4 (6-oz) salmon fillets
* 1 lemon, for serving (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS

* Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C) and set an oven rack in the middle position. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.

* In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, melted butter, honey, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Set aside.

* In another small bowl, mix together the panko, pecans, parsley (if using), and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.

* Spoon the honey-mustard mixture evenly over the salmon fillets. (Don't worry if it drips down the sides a little.) Sprinkle the panko-pecan mixture over the glaze, pressing it lightly so it adheres.

* Bake for 7-10 minutes per inch of thickness, depending on how well done you like your salmon. (If you find that the topping is browning more than you’d like before the fish is cooked through, loosely cover the salmon with foil.) Serve hot or at room temperature. (Note that if your salmon has skin, it may stick to the foil; to remove the fish from the pan, slide a thin spatula between the skin and the flesh, leaving the skin behind.)

* Make Ahead: The salmon can be glazed, coated with the panko-pecan mixture, and refrigerated up to 3 hours ahead of time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics