Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
3 YEAR OLD WITH SHORT ATTENTION SPAN

amother

Post Mon, May 12 2008, 10:02 pm
NEED TIPS ON HOW TO RAISE A KIDS WITH A VERY SHORT ATTENTION SPAN? ANYONE HAVE TIPS.

gryp

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 11:40 am
I would severely limit videos and computer games, for starters.

mama-star

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 7:42 pm
isn't it normal for a little kid to have a short attention span??

raizy

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 1:00 am
mamastar I thought the same thing. little kids have short att span. therefore u dont overwhelm them and give them 10 things to do . my limit is 3 I tell them to do that and come back for more things to do. etc. even for homework. we work on one thing at a time.etc.

Tamiri

Post Wed, May 14 2008, 1:32 am
What do you mean by "short attention span"?

Laughing Bag!

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 4:08 pm
~2-5 year olds are not meant to pay attention to one thing more that 5 min at a time 5 minuites is the limit but you can alway break it down to get them to do one thing for longer than that let her grow up a bit more then start worrying don;t rush her let her be. GOOD LUCK!

chavs

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 4:30 pm
I am not sure with what specifically you mean by short attention span, Are you comparing him to older children, to your expectations, to children his age, if you only know a few children his age and they have longer attention spans, you must keep in mind that all children are different and he might just have a shorter one though.

Ds (will be 3 in 2 months) seems to have the attention span of a goldfish. Apparently its normal, which is why I dont speak to him in long complicated sentences, give him short instructions, and when I plan activities I dont expect him to be involved for a long time.
I have read that watching tv makes it worse becuase of the advert breaks, which kind of encourages children only to concentrate from the end of one commercial to the beginning of another.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers