Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Fund for Imamothers struggling
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Currant

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 7:16 pm
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
Ask the rav of your shul, they often have a fund to give directly to the people in the shul who need it.

I think some of us would like to give specifically to struggling imamothers. I know I would.

dankbar

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 7:21 pm
You can also always pay someone's tuition bill

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 7:37 pm
Yael wrote:
This is a beautiful idea and I’d love to make it happen. However I have zero experience with the paperwork involved in setting up and maintaining a charitable organization. If someone would volunteer to help me out maybe we can actually do this.

TY Yael for even responding to this post!

Are there any accountants with experience in forming non profits on here?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 7:39 pm
amother [ Currant ] wrote:
I think some of us would like to give specifically to struggling imamothers. I know I would.

Exactly this. I don't want to read these stories just for "entertainment". I want to do something. True- I can offer advise, a hug, a kind word. But I'd love to do something that has as practical impact.

I remember seeing Yael say about certain posters "this poster is verified" and women gave. I don't feel comfortable using quickpay or paypal. I would much prefer a private general fund that is accessible via Donor Fund that I can simply deposit to each month.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 7:45 pm
I don't have any experience or knowledge in this area, but I would love to help in any way I can.

(I happen to also be struggling financially but I would feel bad to take from this because I know so many people need it more than I do.).

If anyone has ideas of how I can help (that doesn't include giving money) I would love to participate.

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 7:57 pm
Struggling members can also make Amazon wishlists and post them for others to help out with

Apr43

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:05 pm
My husband is a tax attorney and is happy to help do the paperwork for the 501 C3 for this and advise on tax issues but does not want to run a fund.

exhausted

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:29 pm
For the Ima or 2 what are struggling and don't even have money for diapers and wipes... How can we send you money or diapers and wipes? My daughter just had a baby and I am so thankful to Hashem that even though money is tight, baby is healthy and well and we can afford diapers and wipes and I would like to send you some. 💞

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:06 pm
exhausted wrote:
For the Ima or 2 what are struggling and don't even have money for diapers and wipes... How can we send you money or diapers and wipes? My daughter just had a baby and I am so thankful to Hashem that even though money is tight, baby is healthy and well and we can afford diapers and wipes and I would like to send you some. 💞

thank you so much. mazal tov mazal tov!!!
chasdei hashem I found a diaper gemach in brooklyn.
does anyone know if there is a wipes gemach?

amother
Birch

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:15 pm
Apr43 wrote:
My husband is a tax attorney and is happy to help do the paperwork for the 501 C3 for this and advise on tax issues but does not want to run a fund.

You need a board of directors to make a 501c3. They cannot be a spouse, parent/child or sibling. For a charitable organization it must be a minimum of 3 board members.

You can file a business name, then request from the IRS to be a non profit but it can take up to a year for an approval, but it’s retroactive. You will have to file a 990 annually which shows income, expenses and any donor who donated 5,000 or more in a calendar year.

SYA

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:16 pm
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
thank you so much. mazal tov mazal tov!!!
chasdei hashem I found a diaper gemach in brooklyn.
does anyone know if there is a wipes gemach?

Do you have/can you make an amazon registry where you can add basics you need and once Yael approved we can purchase items to be sent directly to you? It doesn’t show us your actual name or address (there’s a way to hide it) and you can write anything as the name for the registry.

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:18 pm
SYA wrote:
Do you have/can you make an amazon registry where you can add basics you need and once Yael approved we can purchase items to be sent directly to you? It doesn’t show us your actual name or address (there’s a way to hide it) and you can write anything as the name for the registry.

How do I do that without showing my name?
I just need wipes I dont need anything else.
getting paid in 3 weeks...

mi keamcha yisroel...

Mermaidinexile

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:19 pm
My husband and a few of his friends have a tax deductible charity fund (501c3) that gives small grants for specific and well-researched cases. They usually work with a social worker but have also done projects that have come their way randomly. The criteria are very specific: it has to be something that will be greatly impacted by their funds. For example, an Uber driver who needs a new transmission and this is key for his parnassa. An almana who needs clothes for her kids for pesach. Etc. His fund does not hold on to any cash; all funds are raised on a per-project basis. Feel free to PM me your info and a rabbi that can vouch for you. If his group approves the project, (if it meets the criteria of his gemach) I can post the giving info here on this thread and imas that want to join in and give, can give.

Mermaidinexile

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:29 pm

mi keamcha yisroel...

If you PM me your address I can send you a box of wipes from Amazon

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:32 pm

mi keamcha yisroel...

It would be my absolute pleasure to send you some money directly. can you please allow me to do that? If you don't have wipes, I'm guessing there are some more things that maybe are not total necessities, but would be helpful to you.
Is this your first baby? Can you please allow me to help a little?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:34 pm
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
Ditto. I’m the op of resigning myself to the fact that Hashem wants us poor. This means so much!

I would be happy to help you too!

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:37 pm
amother [ DarkKhaki ] wrote:
It would be my absolute pleasure to send you some money directly. can you please allow me to do that? If you don't have wipes, I'm guessing there are some more things that maybe are not total necessities, but would be helpful to you.
Is this your first baby? Can you please allow me to help a little?

Yes she is my first she is a cutie
How can I connect with you?

I didnt come here to hijack your thread OP im sorry Can't Believe It

Miriams

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:49 pm
Yes she is my first she is a cutie
How can I connect with you?

I didnt come here to hijack your thread OP im sorry Can't Believe It

Here's my username, you can send me a pm with your address I'd be happy to help.
Another user posted that she would send you wipes, so give her your address too. I'll send money.

SYA

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:51 pm
Setting up a non profit can take some time.
Why not set up an amazon registry and call it what you want. We will not see your address. And then imas here can purchase things from your list and send it directly to you.

amother
Sand

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 10:34 pm
This is so beautiful! I would love to help out as well.
Be careful when sending cash in the mail.. I’ve had money get lost.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics