Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Mistreated by salesperson in clothing store
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:03 pm
Nothing about this story is ok. Not the policy, not the opening the dressing room, not she yelling and degrading you! You were publicly humiliated. I hope you had a good cry, and some ice cream.

I also would've left clothing in store because I would be too embarrassed and want to leave. But really at the same time I'm thinking, you did so well. Now you're embarrassed and don't have the clothing. Seems so unfair. I would want to buy the clothing because I was so excited for you when I read everything you found.

Can you give me a bracha? I'm going for fertility treatments and having mikvah tonight.

momX4

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:12 pm
I have walked into stores, including shell station, that noticed that I have clothing in a bag.

Many times they offer to help me find matching tops/skirts. They want my business and I appreciate the help.

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:15 pm
I would call the store owner and say what happened. The store owes you an apology.

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:16 pm
Rubies wrote:
I just want to say, as a bystander, I would probably walk out and not shop there either.

I've done this before. Bystanders have power.

I've done the same.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:17 pm
I grew up in retail fashion. My parents (Jewish, not frum) owned a chain of clothing stores and I worked in the stores in different capacities from fairly young. I never saw behavior like this. Nothing even close. This simply does not go on in the outside world. Everyone bent over backwards to make a customer happy. We lived by the policy of "the customer is always right" even when we knew they weren't right. I do not and could not shop in a store like the one you describe. It's disgusting. I have a very hard time shopping because so many Jewish stores are run in this nasty way -- this philosophy of "we are doing you a favor being here and taking your money" is just awful, awful, awful. I cannot for the life of me understand it. It's the opposite of how a yid should conduct themselves.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No, I put the clothing back on hangers and tried to walk out as quickly as possible so I could get to my car before the tears started. I'm still so confused, is it truly tacky/not okay/rude to bring clothing to a clothing store to find something to match it?

You did NOTHING wrong!!
That store owner sounds like a machasheifa witch!

amother
Copper

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:32 pm
I think I know which store. If it’s the one I am thinking of she has issues. Known her for many years.
I have a friend who has a very famous clothing store and she would tell me all the time about women who would bring clothing into her store from other stores sometimes she had the same items but she just smiled and helped them match it up.
A customer is always right to a degree.
You did nothing wrong.
I would of just left everything in the dressing room and just walk out.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:36 pm
momX4 wrote:
I have walked into stores, including shell station, that noticed that I have clothing in a bag.

Many times they offer to help me find matching tops/skirts. They want my business and I appreciate the help.

Shell station is made to bring clothing purchased elsewhere to match shells.....

amother
Orange

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 8:29 pm
I’m so sorry this happened to you. I actually went to two stores today, I bought two skirts in the first store and went to the second for tops. The sales lady was very helpful in bringing me different tops she thought would go with the skirts. You did nothing wrong.

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 8:47 pm
Just call the manager and write a letter to the owner

sky

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 9:01 pm
Of course ppl bring pieces to stores to match up.

Rubies wrote:
I just want to say, as a bystander, I would probably walk out and not shop there either.

I've done this before. Bystanders have power.

I was once in a new store and a girl came out of the dressing room wearing one outfit to get another one.
The sales women yelled across the store that you are not permitted to walk in the store in the clothing. She may sweat it.
The girl replied she is wearing sweat guards.
The sales women said other people want to try on.
The store was practically empty.
I left. And don’t go back.
I have no interest in shopping at a store that police my every action.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 11:08 pm
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:
Nothing about this story is ok. Not the policy, not the opening the dressing room, not she yelling and degrading you! You were publicly humiliated. I hope you had a good cry, and some ice cream.

I also would've left clothing in store because I would be too embarrassed and want to leave. But really at the same time I'm thinking, you did so well. Now you're embarrassed and don't have the clothing. Seems so unfair. I would want to buy the clothing because I was so excited for you when I read everything you found.

Can you give me a bracha? I'm going for fertility treatments and having mikvah tonight.

I'm praying so much for you today, please please that Hashem should make something beautiful blossom out of this whole ordeal like only He can.

For those saying they would call the owner, I just wanted to point out that she was the store owner lol. But that was a very good idea about googling the brand of the tops to see where else they can be purchased and it looks like a store in Boro Park carries the same ones. It might not have worked for the graduation but Be'h I'll have something nice to wear for Shavuos!

BaltoMom65

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 11:30 pm
You did absolutely nothing wrong. How awful! And props to you for remaining calm and classy in such an insane experience!

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 1:23 am
I think it was the same store that something happened to me
I touched the tag on the mannequin in the front window to see how much the top was
And the salesperson SCREAMED
What do you think you're doing? People then looked at me
I said I just wanted to see the price
Then I quickly walked out
Sorry OP, we just have to realize some people are mentally ill
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics