Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can someone send specific Shein links for me?
1  2  Next

seeker

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 5:39 pm
Maybe I'm taking advantage of people's kindness here but I've tried looking at other threads with links and it gets dizzying and I literally have no time... if anyone can help more specifically, like if you seriously have time on your hands and consider this stuff fun, it would be so great.

Here's me and what I need:
- Looking for either a dress or a full outfit suitable for spring/summer shabbos (as in I'd need a post for both a skirt and a top that work together, not just a top because I'd be lost trying to match it with a skirt)
- Also looking for tops suitable for work/job interviews in spring/summer (I'm fine at picking out sweaters. Warm-weather wear is where I get stuck) preferably that can look good with a black a-line skirt because that's what I'm most comfortable in.
- I'm about a size medium in dresses, but in reality usually small in tops and large in bottoms.
- My figure was designed to be hourglass but I've put on some weight that all went straight to my stomach so I don't even know what shape this is anymore but things don't look right anymore.
- I'm somewhat high waisted. Shorter midi skirts often don't cover my knees. Outfits where the top is supposed to get tucked in often look funny because my top is smaller than my bottom. But not by so much, so some waisted outfits do go OK.
- My style is a little nerdy/preppy but not exclusively so. I like classic looks. I also like to be up to date. But I never go for the most trendy cutting edge look or anything that will look foolishly dated when the next fad comes.

Anyone up for the challenge?

Last edited by seeker on Thu, May 26 2022, 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

bs00

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 5:52 pm
Between carpools had a post a couple weeks ago on shein finds. They had a nice selection of clothes etc.

mazelandbracha

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 6:36 pm
Does it have to be Shein? I bought this in several colors/patterns to go with a black aline skirt, and I am also bigger on the bottom than the top (I did NOT tuck it in. It has a tunic bottom.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 6:45 pm
I know not what you asked for but I watched some videos on YouTube about dressing a stomach or apple figure and they had great ideas. Like long cardigans. Rutched waists (which surprisingly works for me). Maybe you can’t find style ideas.

seeker

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 6:54 pm
mazelandbracha wrote:
Does it have to be Shein? I bought this in several colors/patterns to go with a black aline skirt, and I am also bigger on the bottom than the top (I did NOT tuck it in. It has a tunic bottom.)

It does not have to be on Shein but I am looking for cheap and Shein tends to be cheap...
Thanks for the link though.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:08 pm
seeker wrote:
It does not have to be on Shein but I am looking for cheap and Shein tends to be cheap...
Thanks for the link though.

SHEIN isn’t that cheap anymore… relatively I mean. But compared to what I used to pay it’s not always cheaper than hm or Amazon anymore

seeker

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:14 pm
OK that's sad. All the good things left in the world keep disappearing...

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:52 pm
seeker wrote:
OK that's sad. All the good things left in the world keep disappearing...

You and I are still here, and so is imamother. LOL.

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:55 pm
I think they are still decent price

Typically, if you purchase over the weekend you can get free shipping without a promo code and if you Google, you can usually find 20% off. Add that with 4% Cashback with rakuten and your doing pretty good.

This is all if things haven't changed in the past couple of months.

goforit

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 9:28 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
I think they are still decent price

Typically, if you purchase over the weekend you can get free shipping without a promo code and if you Google, you can usually find 20% off. Add that with 4% Cashback with rakuten and your doing pretty good.

This is all if things haven't changed in the past couple of months.

Want to post a Rakuten referral link? I would give it a try?

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:50 pm
https://www.rakuten.com/r/RIVKIE38

Here's a rakuten sign up link! Enjoy $30 cash back!

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 11:32 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
SHEIN isn’t that cheap anymore… relatively I mean. But compared to what I used to pay it’s not always cheaper than hm or Amazon anymore

I don't agree - the prices are still the same cheap. They have gotten some more expensive designers who produce silk outfits etc. that are more expensive and it's part of "Shein Premium".

But the bulk of the things I buy from regular Shein (dresses, skirts, tops etc.) aren't more than 20 bucks each after using the 20% off code.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 11:49 pm
I was shopping for my granddaughter on Shein and while I found a few bargains, I was pretty horrified at some of the very provocative items that came up while I was simply looking for sweatshirts and sweaters.

I don't think a filter would help, I just told my DIL (who lets her HS girls shop on my computer) that I can't take responsibility for them going on there any more. I don't think I want to go myself either.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 1:45 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I was shopping for my granddaughter on Shein and while I found a few bargains, I was pretty horrified at some of the very provocative items that came up while I was simply looking for sweatshirts and sweaters.

I don't think a filter would help, I just told my DIL (who lets her HS girls shop on my computer) that I can't take responsibility for them going on there any more. I don't think I want to go myself either.

And they have lots of lingerie too. I really don't think that you can go shopping on a not religious clothing site and expect to find everything to be modest. Yes many of the clothes are things that I would not even wear in the comfort of my own bed. Sounds like if your kids are in a certain level that looking for clothes on their own is probably not a great idea. We are not such a lofty level in our house so my kids search but I would not let my boys search alone on that site for sure. I don't have Links at the moment but I have been very successful finding clothing for me and my girls. Don't really find such success for my boys. But I do have to wear shells underneath a lot of the dresses which on this side I have learned are very out of fashion but then again I'm in Israel where fashion is not as quite up to date..

amother
Quince

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 1:45 am
mazelandbracha wrote:

This is beautiful but wondering how it is untucked.
Does it bunch up sloppily around the hips because of the unstretchable fabric? Or does it lay over your stomach/behind area nicely?

amother
Oleander

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 2:24 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

I agree. A lot of my friends tell me they shop on Shein but I was horrified when I opened the images on my filter (I have the password). I do other times shop on Next and Amazon and I know what it's like to see non jewish non religious clothing etc come up, but really, some of the images on Shein even when you're not searching for nightwear or whatever are bordering on p*rn*graphic and I find it incredibly disturbing. If this is the way the world is going when it comes just to clothes shopping, oy. It's horrible.

amother
Brass

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 5:43 am
DAZY Ruffle Hem Elastic Waist Denim Skirt
I discovered amazing products on SHEIN.com, come check them out!
https://api-shein.shein.com/h5.....80000

Solid Single Breasted Flare Skirt
I discovered amazing products on SHEIN.com, come check them out!
https://api-shein.shein.com/h5.....98976

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 7:29 am
amother [ Quince ] wrote:
This is beautiful but wondering how it is untucked.
Does it bunch up sloppily around the hips because of the unstretchable fabric? Or does it lay over your stomach/behind area nicely?

I have these in almost every color. They look great, don't need a shell and I love them! Never wore it tucked in. It's very flattering

amother
Diamond

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 7:35 am
amother [ Cantaloupe ] wrote:
I have these in almost every color. They look great, don't need a shell and I love them! Never wore it tucked in. It's very flattering

How tall are you? Wondering if it would be okay for a short person.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics