Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Do you stick with your natural hair color?
1  2  Next

Do you stick with your natural hair color?
Yes, only natural  
 28%  [ 31 ]
I try to stick with similar shades, but doesn't have a be exact  
 64%  [ 69 ]
I have fun and buy whichever color I'm in the mood of  
 6%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 107

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 9:47 pm
Do you always stick with your natural hair color when buying a wig?

I've always wanted to be a different hair color then what I am naturally, would it be weird to buy a wig in that color?

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 9:50 pm
A really different color? I think that's weird.
But I guess there's nothing wrong, you can do whatever you want!
My hair is a very dark brown/black. I've gone a bit lighter over the years, kind of without noticing it! But just a little.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 9:52 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
A really different color? I think that's weird.
But I guess there's nothing wrong, you can do whatever you want!
My hair is a very dark brown/black. I've gone a bit lighter over the years, kind of without noticing it! But just a little.

If you think that's weird then maybe so do others... I don't want people to think I'm weird 😕

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 9:54 pm
Many of the blondes you see around are not really blondes IRL. Or at least, many shades different.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 9:59 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
Many of the blondes you see around are not really blondes IRL. Or at least, many shades different.

Do you mean wig wearing frum blondes? Or the general female population blondes?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you mean wig wearing frum blondes? Or the general female population blondes?

I mean wig-wearing. Of course we know it about the general population LOL

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:04 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
I mean wig-wearing. Of course we know it about the general population LOL

Oh interesting.. I didn't realize

amother
Grape

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:08 pm
There are people that do it but don’t know if it’s weird. You won’t be the only one that’s for sure

mizle10

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:10 pm
You need to do it gradually

amother
Mulberry

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:10 pm
I'm a hard blonde to match so it's not exact at all. Also while my natural hair has highlights, shaitel machers are very into that blonde wigs need dimension so they always root and low light the wigs a much darker brown than my natural blonde.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:12 pm
mizle10 wrote:
You need to do it gradually

Yes! They start light brown and end up blonde!

KJP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:15 pm
I think as long as it looks ok you can go any color you want. I know for myself, my natural color was brown with blonde highlights, going more blonde looked ok on me because I was very blonde as a kid. But I look terrible in black would never go there.

I also agree with doing it gradually. I go a little blonder with each new wig I get.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:19 pm
No they don’t make my color. I’m always a few shades off and it drives me CRAZY.
Every morning I wake up, look at my hair in the mirror, and say whyyyyyy do I need to cover my hair. Then I cover it.

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:25 pm
I have very dark eyebrows (which match my hair). When I wear a lighter brown sheital, it is obvious that my natural colour must be darker.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:30 pm
I don’t really know how to vote? My hair was gold blond before I got married. When I covered it it turned much darker. So I will wear wigs that are brown with just a bit of blond, which is the color of my hair now, all the way to honey blond, which is the color I had as a kid, and anything in between. But I wouldn’t go light blond or dark brown because those are too far off for me.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:32 pm
Frumwithallergies wrote:
I have very dark eyebrows (which match my hair). When I wear a lighter brown sheital, it is obvious that my natural colour must be darker.

Same lol. And once a lock of hair totally escaped and my shaitel was a few shades lighter than my hair. I once had it dyed and it was too dark but at least it matched my eyebrows. 😂

amother
PlumPink

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:46 pm
I go with shades close to what my hair would be if it weren't covered all the time. My hair is so dark brown now it's almost black. But that's from 25 years of no sun exposure. It used to be more of a medium to light brown with natural golden and reddish highlights.

Sesame

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 3:52 am
Once saw someone’s blue hair sticking out from under their sheitel. I guess she forgot to tuck in that part or something. I was definitely not expecting that!

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 6:30 am
I have been a natural blonde my whole life. My wigs can't all be the exact shade of my hair because of the way blonde wigs oxidize but they are pretty close. And now I dye my hair to maintain the color that it was when I was single because I show hair when I wear a scarf or hat.

amother
Birch

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 6:40 am
I have light brown hair with blonde highlights but the color does not look good on me in a sheitel so my wig is a deeper brown with more auburn highlights. I have medium skin and green eyes and I look better in my sheitel than my natural hair.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels