Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami serial by Riva Pomerantz Take 2
  Previous  1  2  3 30  31  32 40  41  42  Next

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Apr 08 2023, 11:22 pm
amother Honey wrote:
Obviously teigman could be Bella's mother's maiden name.
They could have made up a story about his grandmother - died, very sick and lives across the ocean, etc.

Not very plausible. I have a child in shidduchim now and before we agree to a date, we know everything about their grandparents, great grandparents etc.... and we're not even a family that does tons of research at all. I can't imagine that Miri's mother didn't do the same... it just feels so fake to me.

amother
Honey

Post Sat, Apr 08 2023, 11:57 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
Not very plausible. I have a child in shidduchim now and before we agree to a date, we know everything about their grandparents, great grandparents etc.... and we're not even a family that does tons of research at all. I can't imagine that Miri's mother didn't do the same... it just feels so fake to me.

If you're told a grandmother died, you don't believe?

birdie1

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 1:00 pm
It's not realistic to not know about an estranged gradparent when doing shidduch research. Especially when they all live in the same city.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 5:21 pm
Do any of your men communicate so openly and with vulnerability as Aryeh in the story? The same with the main male character in "Enough".
Where in the world do you find/create such spouses who are open with their feelings, admit mistakes, and say just the right things at all times? I'm perplexed.
Dont know Dont know

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 11:43 pm
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU?
anyone can fill me in?

brightness

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 8:09 pm
What do you think about this weeks episode?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 9:31 pm
brightness wrote:
What do you think about this weeks episode?

Wow, we all knew this family was dysfunctional but she had us thinking it was so different for most of the story!

Bella needs some serious therapy.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 9:51 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
Wow, we all knew this family was dysfunctional but she had us thinking it was so different for most of the story!

And seems like the husband ain’t so bad actually

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 10:03 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
And seems like the husband ain’t so bad actually

Lately Bella has seemed so mentally ill that I was having a feeling it was more her issue than his.

I wonder what their deal is.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 10:42 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
Lately Bella has seemed so mentally ill that I was having a feeling it was more her issue than his.

I wonder what their deal is.

Maybe something that he did that he doesn't want repeated? Did she blackmail him?

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 10:44 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:

Do tell please, for those of us who didn't yet get their hands on the magazine!

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 10:47 pm
Please tell us what happened, with a warning for those who don't want to read.
It was Bella who's abusive, after all, and not her husband?

amother
Crystal

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 11:09 pm
I found this week written very poorly.
Not like Riva.

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 11:13 pm
I didn’t really understand this week. Anyone else?

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 7:19 am
I don't like how sudddenly the husband is painted as the tzaddik.

Yes, his wife has issues. HUGE issues.

But we definitely got glimpses in previous chapters of his terrible tempter, of his yelling and making horrible comments to his wife. He shouldn't suddenly be vindicated just because we realise that she has the main? problems.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 9:15 am
amother Impatiens wrote:

But we definitely got glimpses in previous chapters of his terrible tempter, of his yelling and making horrible comments to his wife. He shouldn't suddenly be vindicated just because we realise that she has the main? problems.

I don’t think he looks like a tzaddik. It just seems that maybe he wasn’t the source of the dysfunction. But he definitely went along and added to it.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 11:37 am
Both Bella and her husband are terribly dysfunctional, each in their own way. None of them are innocent.

birdie1

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 11:57 am
I don't totally get why she cut off from her mother. Because of her dysfunctional marriage, and her too close relationship with Bellas brother? It's seems extreme. Also why did she make all her siblings cut off from her? She's kind of a monster IMO.

InnerMe

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:16 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:

Right. I don't understand this. I haven't been following every week but I try to read it when I can get it. But like suddenly he's the angel?

Even if his wife has major issues it is no excuse to act so violent and have temper tantrums and say oh, it's because my wife is basically out to lunch with my son. Which is what he's saying when he says that this is how his wife's parent's relationship was. That absolutely doesn't excuse his terrible behavior.

Also, what about the marriage until Aryeh was old enough to be that confidant etc. The wife didn't have this relationship with Aryeh from the minute he was born. What happened then? What does the father blame those times on?

I will say I do like how Ami allows real-life scenes that include yelling and screaming because I can't see those being approved in Family First. Overall I appreciate the quality of Mishpacha more but I just can't see them including those scenes of the father being that chutzpadig to the mother in front of a child!

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 12:32 pm
This week was a mumble jumble… probably has to end soon so she’s squeezing everything in but I agree, it really wasn’t clear
Page 31 of 42   Previous  1  2  3 30  31  32 40  41  42  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room