Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami serial by Riva Pomerantz Take 2
  Previous  1  2  3 37  38  39 40  41  42  Next

birdie1

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 11:00 am
tangerine wrote:
I figured out what Riva is trying to do.

The last chapter will be at the bris.

And they will all live happily ever after.

With the reconciled Bella and hubby being kvatter.

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 11:09 am
amother Aster wrote:

the blaming of her is bizarre
she should be being reassured by those who love her that anyone would react poorly to this type of treatment particularly by her new husband shana rishonah!

Exactly!

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 11:20 am
I didn't read it as her friend blaming her, but trying to help her. She sees the marriage is in trouble and maybe once miri realizes she can empower herself instead of relying on the very unreliable in her life, she'll have the ability to drive things in a healthier way for herself. At the end of the installment, Miri isn't broken, she's taking the challenge on and encouraging herself. I think thats really courageous on her end.
On a side note, something about miri reminds me about Yalli in Riva's novel/serial diamond dust- she was also insecure and in a rocky marriage and her friend was down right mean about being less needy. Yalli needed more support but ended up figuring it out on her own until she could better communicate with husband.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:00 pm
birdie1 wrote:
With the reconciled Bella and hubby being kvatter.

And the name will be after Bella's father since they realize he wasn't such a monster after all. Hmm.

birdie1

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:03 pm
amother Puce wrote:
And the name will be after Bella's father since they realize he wasn't such a monster after all. Hmm.

And nice Miri will give up her right to name him after her own grandpa.

(Is the grandfather even dead?)

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:06 pm
birdie1 wrote:
And nice Miri will give up her right to name him after her own grandpa.

(Is the grandfather even dead?)

Haha is either grandfather??

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:10 pm
The baby should have had the bris a while ago. Once a baby is out of the NICU and off oxygen etc, the bris is usually 7 days later. So maybe he had it and it wasn't discussed.

vanillatwilight

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 12:14 pm
This week was very disappointing, if not for Miri’s “neediness” (which was all normal wife behavior) Aryeh would still be married to his mother, he should be thanking her for opening his eyes and supporting him.

Also, I find it funny that the therapist keeps saying he puts everyone’s needs before his own. Who is everyone exactly? Certainly not Miri.

It’s like the author is telling us to believe that Miri is needy and Aryeh is selfless without actually showing us.

Edited to add, leaving your wife frantic like that is downright cruel. He can shoot her a text for heavens sake.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:14 pm
I hate the implication that Miri's neediness and insecurity is her choosing. As if she chooses to be insecure and she can just change her mindset and boom! She's confident! Anyone who struggles with insecurity wishes to be a more confident person. She deserves compassion, understanding and support for her struggles just like Aryeh does.

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 1:31 pm
It’s this and more
Her neediness is not what caused aryehs problems and poor choices
Nor that of his families long entrenched dysfunction
If she were magically more secure immediately those problems would not disappear
She and her “neediness” didn’t cause them
In fact if anything her “insecurity” stopped her from walking out with the baby and leaving aryeh long ago
Also how would she or anyone else have known what was truly going on…

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 2:57 pm
I wish she’d text him that she’s leaving. Or that she’d call a lawyer.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:22 pm
Where in the serial is her neediness portrayed? Except when her friend keeps on telling it to her.
Am I missing something?

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 4:35 pm
Yes as in I’m sorry I’m not needy of needing your attention insanity anymore or this marriage at any cost to me and baby

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Jun 11 2023, 10:54 pm
She was definitely portrayed as insecure right from the beginning, even in the first chapter before they got married.

How could I be the only one who saw that??

It was laced in so clearly to many installments.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 8:23 am
Ok;besides the first few chapters.

A needy person (talking from experience) would not manage to survive living with a husband with such an issue; it exacberates her insecurity. And here Miri was accepting and forgiving him and the situation, albeit as best as she could and better than any person I know would.

And after all this her friend comes and calls her insecure? Confused

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 8:40 am
amother Impatiens wrote:
She was definitely portrayed as insecure right from the beginning, even in the first chapter before they got married.

Yes the author kept telling us how needy and insecure she is, but it wasn't portrayed in her actions.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 8:51 am
amother Impatiens wrote:

Yes, she's most definitely insecure. Needy is questionable. We didn't see any out of ordinary actions on her part to show that. Her contacting Aryeh when she was in labor? Texting him now? Nope, all very normal.
If anything, Aryeh exacerbated this quality of hers by his behavior.
Again, her insecurities has zero to do with her marriage. They were internal and weren't transferring to Aryeh.
Her friend was wrong in bringing it up at this point when a legit problem arose, having zero to do with Miri's personality.
Of course, now she'll work on herself (poor girl is the only one in the story working on herself) to become more confident and Aryeh will see that side of her and all his doubts about marrying her will disappear. Ugh

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 9:00 am
amother Honey wrote:
Yes, she's most definitely insecure. Needy is questionable. We didn't see any out of ordinary actions on her part to show that. Her contacting Aryeh when she was in labor? Texting him now? Nope, all very normal.
Again, her insecurities has zero to do with her marriage. They were internal and weren't transferring to Aryeh.
Her friend was wrong in bringing it up at this point when a legit problem arose, having zero to do with Miri's personality.
Of course, now she'll work on herself (poor girl is the only one in the story working on herself) to become more confident and Aryeh will see that side of her and all his doubts about marrying her will disappear. Ugh

Or she might realize she’s not garbage and she deserves better than a husband who can leave her like that without warning after all the understanding and support that she gives him.

She might realize he’s a piece of messed up baggage and that she deserves better than a husband who can leave her like that with just a note, when she did zero wrong, and she will need lots of cajoling and promises to stay in the marriage.

And even if she would do something wrong a married guy doesn’t just pick up and leave his married wife like that without even telling her where he’s going.

He’s a royal Nutcase. He thinks he can get away with murder with Miri, he may have bad news when he gets home especially if his in laws are in the picture which they are.

vanillatwilight

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 9:12 am
amother Honey wrote:

Ugh indeed

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 9:12 am
amother Honey wrote:

Agreed. And actually I think her insecurities often prevented her from acting needy in her marriage, because she was so nervous she’d be needy. Early on when her husband was never around - I would have spoken up much sooner. She wasn’t needy. Aryeh was just dysfunctional.

I don’t think her friend should have rebuked her now at all. Miri has enough on her plate.
Page 38 of 42   Previous  1  2  3 37  38  39 40  41  42  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room