Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Etka Gittel Schwartz

lolymom

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 1:26 am
Anyone know what happened to her? She is my favourite writer by far in the frum world. No one comes near her league in my opinion, but I haven’t seen anything by her lately and I’ve been waiting for years for her serialised stories in the binah to be published in books (one from the civil war era and one about South Africa, unless they are the same) but I haven’t seen anything. Does anyone know if it will ever come out in a book? I don’t get the binah normally so was unable to follow it.

Last edited by lolymom on Tue, Jun 07 2022, 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 1:32 am
lolymom wrote:
Anyone know what happened to her? She is my favourite writer by far in the frum world. No one comes near her league in my opinion, but I haven’t seen anything by her lately and I’ve been waiting for years for her serialised stories in the binah to be published in books (one from the civil war era and one about South Africa, unless they are the same) but I haven’t seen anything. Does anyone know if it will ever come out in a book? I don’t get the binah normally so was unable to follow it.

Omg I just thought of her, too! I absolutely loved every single piece she ever published. I especially loved that civil war era series!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 11:10 am
She's on here!
She usually takes years to research her book subjects, so hopefully that's where she's at and will update soon Smile

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 11:12 am
Waiting for her books as well!

Lovable

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 11:34 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
She's on here!
She usually takes years to research her book subjects, so hopefully that's where she's at and will update soon Smile

Really?? I wonder what her sn is

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 11:48 am
She did just have an article in Binah.
Her books take time to publish because of supplemental history sections. At least the historical ones.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 11:48 am
Lovable wrote:
Really?? I wonder what her sn is

Scotty

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 12:44 pm
The civil war one was a long time ago, I think I do remember seeing it as a book. It was called Grey Lines, I think?

The South Africa one was epic. I don't remember seeing it as a book. The most recent book I remember seeing in a store was the wedding manager one.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 12:53 pm
seeker wrote:
The civil war one was a long time ago, I think I do remember seeing it as a book. It was called Grey Lines, I think?

The South Africa one was epic. I don't remember seeing it as a book. The most recent book I remember seeing in a store was the wedding manager one.

The Grey Lines still hasn't come out in book form. Sad

synthy

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 1:07 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Yeah, I sure hope she publishes it! A Veiled Truth was serialized later and it came out already a few years ago as a book.

SYA

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 2:58 pm
Love her writing. Waiting for the next one.

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 3:33 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

What?! It was such a great story, and a long time ago! I wonder why I thought I saw it. Must have been something else. With the amount that goes into these stories, it would be an unspeakable shame for them to disappear with the old magazines.

lolymom

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:07 pm
I am hoping she sees this.. l would love to read Grey Lines I have been waiting for years. I started following it but couldn’t continue and figured it would come out in a book but at this point I am not so sure…

shanarishona

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:10 pm
What is the name of the South Africa one? Is that a book?

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 8:17 pm
I think it was The Happiness Cipher. I don't think I saw it as a book. I would really like to though. It was waaaay too good to be disposable.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 9:41 pm
I'm still waiting for the Gray Lines to come out. I've been waiting since December 2014 when she published an interview in the Lakewood Shopper saying that it would come out in January 2015. It's seven years later and I'm still waiting...

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 10:09 pm
If she's on here I hope she reads this. I love her books. I read very little frum fiction literature because it's so poorly written or too cliché. When I read her books I was like, WOW! a real book! Everything I go into a Jewish bookstore I check to see if there's a book she wrote that I haven't read but sadly, there are no new titles. I hope there will be soon!

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 9:33 pm
I think I heard she just had twins recently !

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 9:40 pm
I can’t find Shortchanged in print. Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room