Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
HOW DO I GET RID OF A BEEHIVE

LIORAfs

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 11:43 am
I have a beehive in my frontyard and just had a lot of expenses and would love to avoid having to call an exterminator.

I would love to be able to do it myself without inflicting too much damage on myself... or the kids.....

Anyone having any experience with a BEEHIVE?????

ANY ADVISE WELCOME!!!

Girl@Heart

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 12:14 pm
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sp.....78850

Beware they fly out when you spray. So keep kids always and be cautious

crystal

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 12:22 pm
I was advised not to do anything, that they naturally relocate every few months. I did need to stick it out throughout that summer but nobody got bitten BH.

It's also very dangerous for you to do it alone, if you're desperate only do it professionally.

imorethanamother

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 1:49 pm
LIORAfs wrote:
I have a beehive in my frontyard and just had a lot of expenses and would love to avoid having to call an exterminator.

I would love to be able to do it myself without inflicting too much damage on myself... or the kids.....

Anyone having any experience with a BEEHIVE?????

ANY ADVISE WELCOME!!!

Bees or wasps?

Because if it’s bees, they’re considered endangered so I think the city would move it for you. Try calling 311.

GLUE

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 1:56 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
Bees or wasps?

Because if it’s bees, they’re considered endangered so I think the city would move it for you. Try calling 311.

This, many places it is illegal to kill a bee hive.

Check the law in your place of residence, there are professional bee keepers that will take it away for you with no or little charge, not sure how to get in touch with one. I guess google?

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 2:02 pm
Glue is correct - please do not destroy a bee hive. They are endangered in many places and it is potentially a real threat to our ecology because plants and groups need to be fertilized by bees and animals and humans get food from plants that are fertilized by bees. Without bees many plants will die off.

Contact a beekeeper organization or some other group and they will be able to take it to a new home with the colony intact.

GLUE

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 2:14 pm
I just goggled it here are some places that came up for bee keeper's groups

https://www.beeculture.com/fin.....eper/

https://www.abfnet.org/page/states

https://harvestlane.com/pages/.....clubs

Hope something helps, Hatzlacha

Girl@Heart

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 2:57 pm
You can’t always relocate a hive. I have them in my shingles every year next to where we eat. I don’t know about you OP but I don’t have much of an option but to kill them.

Happydance

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 4:24 pm
If they are honey bees you can search for and call a local bee keeper who would be happy to take them from you

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 4:26 pm
Girl@Heart wrote:
You can’t always relocate a hive. I have them in my shingles every year next to where we eat. I don’t know about you OP but I don’t have much of an option but to kill them.

In the roof, it is not likely they are honeybees but more likely they are wasps or even carpenter bees.

At any rate, you should still contact a bee expert who can advise you on whether they can be relocated and IF they should be located.

My friend has terrible wasp problems because they build nests in her porch and roof.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics