Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Moving and no school
  Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 5:44 pm
amother [ Clover ] wrote:
That’s really rude. You have no idea about anyone’s lives or why they need to move anywhere. Thankfully people actually living here have a better attitude than you.

No, they don't. At least not afew years ago when I inquired on here about maybe moving to Lakewood and to the people I spoke to IRL that live in Lakewood. Many Lakewooders are fed up with the amount of people moving and causing a bad situation (school, traffic....) to become even worse.

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 5:47 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
No, they don't. At least not afew years ago when I inquired on here about maybe moving to Lakewood and to the people I spoke to IRL that live in Lakewood. Many Lakewooders are fed up with the amount of people moving and causing a bad situation (school, traffic....) to become even worse.

Yeah they do. Not sure why you even inquired didn’t you know it’s not the only frum place on the planet?

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 5:50 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:

The lakewooders that are fed up with people moving there should change their attitude because it's the people that are moving there that is causing their house to be worth so much and their businesses to be successful.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 5:51 pm
Anyway, if anyone has or knows of any schools that (not guessing, knows) or had experience with getting in to that school at the end of the school year , please post the schools name so I can call them and push.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 5:52 pm
amother [ Clover ] wrote:
Yeah they do. Not sure why you even inquired didn’t you know it’s not the only frum place on the planet?

I know it's not the only frum place on the planet, which is why we didn't move there.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 5:52 pm
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
people are moving all over. For some, Lakewood is the best option.
I actually can't believe your post.

And I know oot schools refusing to take new families bec they refuse to put more then 25 kids per class.
Not all communities can grow so fast.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 5:56 pm
amother [ Banana ] wrote:
The lakewooders that are fed up with people moving there should change their attitude because it's the people that are moving there that is causing their house to be worth so much and their businesses to be successful.

I’D much rather my house be cheap. My kids could afford to stay in town. I could drive somewhere in less then 1/2 hr. My kids could get into schools my in laws started 45 years ago.
I need a bigger house but can’t afford to move. Makes me really grateful to everyone that moved here thanks.
Life has become very difficult over past few years. Traffic. Expenses. Housing. Culture. Keeping up with the wealthy. Needing larger homes.
Quality of life is way more important to me.
If you go back on imamother 10 years you’ll see us discussing th school situation is bad. Since then 20 new schools have opened. With 30 kids per class. It’s still bad. But it’s not like ppl aren’t trying and spending millions.
It’s just hard to keep up with such growth.

It’s like ppl say ny has 5 schools with many spots and will take anyone.
How many new classes has ny opened in the past 15 vs lakewood. I’d assume lkwd has over 100 new classes. It’s not like they aren’t trying.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:05 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
By putting in the work I mean that when a school asks for money for building fund, people shouldn't get all angry about it.
And countless people travel for work. It's not the end of the world.

Huh? OP doesn’t HAVE a school to give money to yet. How do you know she’s angry to have to do it?
Sure, people DO commute for work, but it’s not easy on the family. I know, my husband did it for many years.

keym

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:09 pm
https://hefkervelt.blogspot.co......html

Enclosed is the list of girls schools that was listed a few years ago.
Some Chassidishe, some Litvish.
You can ask about specific ones.

What grade is your daughter going into?

Last edited by keym on Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyway, if anyone has or knows of any schools that (not guessing, knows) or had experience with getting in to that school at the end of the school year , please post the schools name so I can call them and push.
Bnos Melech but I only know 1 person. Most schools will accept people as long as they have a slot and it’s the right person. You need to have someone who knows the school admin vouch for you.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:13 pm
amother [ Banana ] wrote:
No one wants their house to be worth so much. That means wherever they would move to is worth even more.

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:15 pm
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
No one wants their house to be worth so much. That means wherever they would move to is worth even more.

prices have gone up internationally.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:17 pm
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
prices have gone up internationally.

Someone above wrote lkwders should be grateful to ppl moving here and driving up prices. I don’t think most ppl are.

EMEN

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:17 pm
What school is your daughter in now? What grade is she going into?

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:21 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I’D much rather my house be cheap. My kids could afford to stay in town. I could drive somewhere in less then 1/2 hr. My kids could get into schools my in laws started 45 years ago.
I need a bigger house but can’t afford to move. Makes me really grateful to everyone that moved here thanks.
Life has become very difficult over past few years. Traffic. Expenses. Housing. Culture. Keeping up with the wealthy. Needing larger homes.
Quality of life is way more important to me.
If you go back on imamother 10 years you’ll see us discussing th school situation is bad. Since then 20 new schools have opened. With 30 kids per class. It’s still bad. But it’s not like ppl aren’t trying and spending millions.
It’s just hard to keep up with such growth.

It’s like ppl say ny has 5 schools with many spots and will take anyone.
How many new classes has ny opened in the past 15 vs lakewood. I’d assume lkwd has over 100 new classes. It’s not like they aren’t trying.

Every word of this is 100% true. And besides, we had many very successful businesses before the big Brooklyn influx. So no, we dont need to change our attitude.

The people who move here who don't understand why our completely overwhelmed schools aren't welcoming them with open arms, and think that "Toms River and Jackson should open schools", they're the ones who need to change their attitudes. We Lakewooders wish the Brooklyn people moving to Toms River and Jackson would open their own schools. But they're not. They want to join ours and they complaint when they're not accepted because THERE IS NO SPACE!

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:35 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
Every word of this is 100% true. And besides, we had many very successful businesses before the big Brooklyn influx. So no, we dont need to change our attitude.

And many new businesses at this point are just ppl from other towns moving their businesses or their kids creating branches here putting local ppl out of business. It hurts local ppl a lot.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:37 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
And many new businesses at this point are just ppl from other towns moving their businesses or their kids creating branches here putting local ppl out of business. It hurts local ppl a lot.

Also 100% true.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:38 pm
I think people outside of Lakewood do not understand the situation here. It isn’t personal.
There are people who have lived here there whole lives, graduated from school here and have connections within the school and have been actively calling schools since August… that still aren’t in. There’s simply no room.
By February the classes are for all intents and purposes are done. They are already done with bus routes in many cases. Yes in many cases a girl will be squeezed in at the end of the summer. My friends daughter still isn’t in any where she applied to 6 schools (including new Ones) Sukkos time and has had dozens of connections call on her behalf. So far she’s had one interview that led to a rejection .

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:45 pm
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
I think people outside of Lakewood do not understand the situation here. It isn’t personal.
There are people who have lived here there whole lives, graduated from school here and have connections within the school and have been actively calling schools since August… that still aren’t in. There’s simply no room.
By February the classes are for all intents and purposes are done. They are already done with bus routes in many cases. Yes in many cases a girl will be squeezed in at the end of the summer. My friends daughter still isn’t in any where she applied to 6 schools (including new Ones) Sukkos time and has had dozens of connections call on her behalf. So far she’s had one interview that led to a rejection .
Primary is very different. And I moved at the end of the summer and was able to get on the bus route. They finalize the routes midsummer.

EMEN

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 6:46 pm
OP is looking for practical answers; not for a Lakewood dissection. You can create a s/o if you'd like.
Page 3 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children