Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Elementary school for girl with behavior issues

pecan

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 11:14 am
Does anyone have a recommendation for an elementary girls school for a bright girl with behavior issues? Due to those issues, she's been out of school for a long time.
She needs warmth, love, structure in a brooklyn girl's school that will accept her

mha3484

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 11:23 am
I wish I could help you. I feel like this is the one area that is severely lacking in jewish schools. We have come a long way in so many areas but girls with these issues in my city are mostly in public school. Boys with behavior problems have much more resources.

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 12:00 pm
Sorry, I can’t help you. My DD is the same (very bright with behavior issues). She was out of school for a number of years. We finally found a place for her this year that is amazing! (Non-Jewish) private school not far from here (Lakewood). Board of Ed pays for it and she is doing really well. The school staff is amazing and soooo respectful of her yiddishkeit!

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 10:01 am
pecan wrote:
Does anyone have a recommendation for an elementary girls school for a bright girl with behavior issues? Due to those issues, she's been out of school for a long time.
She needs warmth, love, structure in a brooklyn girl's school that will accept her
can you get a para for her? then the schools might agree to take her in.

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 1:08 pm
I'm looking for a school in lkwd for my dd. She doesn't have behavioral issues but a super low self esteem and she's in therapy. She can use a mainstream school but not so mainstream if that makes sense and exists. Someone that will work with her and respect her. Anything ? I'm clueless. Right now she hasn't really been in school (primary) and wana transfer her to a mainstream school but need very caring and understanding. She has been working with therapists all year. Will most likely do primary again. Really don't want a special school as she doesn't need it . She's bright , just lacking social ques and low self esteem.

mha3484

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 1:12 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
can you get a para for her? then the schools might agree to take her in.

This is very dicey. There are real social consequences to this and it often doesn't solve the underlying issues. It can really mess with a kids self esteem.

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 1:32 pm
Bybp handled many issues very well when I lived in Brooklyn

aussiemom

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 11:14 pm
need a boys school in brooklyn please help hes 4
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics