Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Matt Walsh "What is a Woman"
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

DrMom

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 12:48 pm
I've seen it and found it to be very well done.

The first half is about what you'd expect (interviews with professionals in the field of gender studies, doctors who perform sx change surgeries etc. -- all of who m adopt PC doublespeak when posed with simple questions).

The second half is more disturbing, dealing with the history of Kinsey and his sick experiments on children. I had no idea about most of this.

There was one sane medical professional whom he interviewed. Interestingly, she seems to be a frum woman.

https://www.miriamgrossmanmd.com/

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 12:51 pm
DrMom wrote:
I've seen it and found it to be very well done.

The first half is about what you'd expect (interviews with professionals in the field of gender studies, doctors who perform sx change surgeries etc. -- all of who m adopt PC doublespeak when posed with simple questions).

The second half is more disturbing, dealing with the history of Kinsey and his sick experiments on children. I had no idea about most of this.

There was one sane medical professional whom he interviewed. Interestingly, she seems to be a frum woman.

https://www.miriamgrossmanmd.com/
yes she wrote the famous purple book for frum girls about developing bodies and menstruation. Actually reading it with my 10 year old now.

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 12:52 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
yes she wrote the famous purple book for frum girls about developing bodies and menstruation. Actually reading it with my 10 year old now.

Oh cool, I didn't realize she was the one.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 12:57 pm
The people he interviews go in circles and don't even attempt to define what is a woman and refuse to recognize that men and women are different biologically. That is the craziest part. The documentary also interviews female athletes upset at having to compete against transgender people since it is biologically unfair. Liberals are brainwashed to this point.

Fox

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
can u explain why?
I listen to him sometimes but I do find his comments quite misogynistic too. especially when he makes these jokes towards his wife about being in the kitchen and stuff. it rubs methe wrong way

You can DM me if you're really curious. There's some history . . .

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:03 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
The people he interviews go in circles and don't even attempt to define what is a woman and refuse to recognize that men and women are different biologically. That is the craziest part. The documentary also interviews female athletes upset at having to compete against transgender people since it is biologically unfair. Liberals are brainwashed to this point.

Somehow all the professionals interviewed had purple hair or look like quacks. A few said they have to end the interview because they didn’t have an answer( duh).

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:07 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Somehow all the professionals interviewed had purple hair or look like quacks. A few said they have to end the interview because they didn’t have an answer( duh).

They ended the interviews when they realized they were cornered and would have to admit that there is a difference between a man and a woman. And he had to go all the way to Africa for someone to say there is such a thing as a man and a woman! Crazy world to be in..

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:24 pm
Fox wrote:
Just curious-- what did people find misogynistic?

He believes in very rigid gender roles. A “utopian” vision of returning to the time when women were housewives and their very existence was all about serving their men.

I’m all for exposing the craziness that exists, but I can’t listen to this man anymore, after hearing his views on women.

ETA: Does anyone find it concerning that the Daily Wire has only male commentators? (Aside from the token woman, Candace Owens, occasionally)

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:26 pm
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:
Matt Walsh is incredibly misogynistic. I tend to be conservative, but I find his views on women concerning.

Sorry your wrong.

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:28 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
Sorry your wrong.

So you like the idea of being a 1920’s housewife?

hodeez

He believes in very rigid gender roles. A “utopian” vision of returning to the time when women were housewives and their very existence was all about serving their men.

I’m all for exposing the craziness that exists, but I can’t listen to this man anymore, after hearing his views on women.

ETA: Does anyone find it concerning that the Daily Wire has only male commentators? (Aside from the token woman, Candace Owens, occasionally)

Brett cooper.

hodeez

So you like the idea of being a 1920’s housewife?

Halevai

DrMom

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:29 pm

He seemed to respect Dr. Grossman, who is not a SAHM.

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:34 pm
Priorities
Prefer to hear him than listen to people parroting the emperor has no clothes and can’t define a woman and a man
Policies not identity politics please

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:35 pm
DrMom wrote:
He seemed to respect Dr. Grossman, who is not a SAHM.

Maybe he respects her because she says things that he likes to hear. . But if a man can say the things that he does about women, than there is something inherently wrong in his outlook on women.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:36 pm
flowerpower wrote:
https://youtu.be/stkSz507Ct0

Worth the watch!!!!! Worth every second of it

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:37 pm
Define woman/women

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:38 pm
hodeez wrote:
Brett cooper.

She’s new, no?

I’ve stayed away from the Daily Wire recently, mostly because of Walsh.

miami85

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:39 pm

If you read any of the popular relationship books- Mars and Venus, Waffles and Spaghetti, Surrendered Wife, Love languages to SOME degree but the ones that speak to the different genders. You see how to make a good marriage work you have to understand how the male nature is and how the female nature is *in general*.

These are things that modern society wants to negate. They want to say that there is no one set of criteria that defines one gender over another. But reality is that in general most WOMEN are better at dealing with 10 things at one time, and men are much better an delving into 1 thing for a long time to the exclusion of everything else. It's not "Better" or "worse" unless you want to feel superior.

There are those who keep arguing that "The United States needs better maternity leave"--while it's true, other than social security--which is mainly for people who HAVE worked, or those so disabled that it's impossible for them to work and it's not legal/ethical to let them die, no one gets paid to just "Be". We all have to work to get money. Yes women need to care for their babies and their own health, but that's why up until the 1950s-60s women DIDN'T work. If you had a husband with a decent job you COULD stay home and cook and clean and take care of your children. If you are working then you need to pay someone to clean and care for your children. I stopped caring that my house was always a mess when I realize that for many this is a full-time job, just like I have a full-time job in a different industry. So I can either clean/take care of house full-time, or I can do my job and pay someone. But my job--while a good paying one for where I live, is not enough to pay each person to do their job at $15/hr.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 12 2022, 1:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
these answers are never helpful

Maybe it would be helpful to hear that it’s probably stealing to watch it through a provided link. They need the paid subscribers to continue to do what they do. Haven’t watched it and am not a DW subscriber, but my best guess is that it’s geneiva.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics