Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Pesach-dik "eggy" noodles for soup - ISO TNT recip

Tamiri

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 11:53 am
We had these yummy eggy noodles, (I guess just salt, eggs and potato starch cooked in a pan and shredded?) with soup over Pesach.
Can someone nice please give me the recipe?
I think they are so delicious and will go great in our soup tomorrow night.
Thanks.

mom7270

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 11:55 am
I beat up some eggs and added a drop of potato starch, but you can prob add flour... and salt and then made crepes, very thin, and sliced them real thin

Tamiri

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 12:43 pm
It's that simple? And do they hold up in the soup?
How many eggs? I want them in soup for the family, say 6 servings. 8 eggs? 10?

Thanks

ss321

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 12:47 pm
yes its really that simple.

for a family of 6 I would say about 8 eggs, but I dont know
just follow exactly what she said, a bit of starch and eggs....its really that simple.
just a tip
make sure the oil (dont put alot, you can probably even use just pam), is HOT before you pour the eggs in otherwise itll stick. they cook really fast.
the thinner the better

Tamiri

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 1:26 pm
Okay, thanks I made them and they are perfect. It's a touchy-feely recipe that you really can't go wrong with. I first tried to mix potato starch with hot water but that was too gloppy to add to the eggs, so I just added the starch a bit at a time and it's perfect. I even added some spices to make savory eggy noodles for our soup.
Thanks!

Now my only question is why blintzes don't come out so easily..... hmmm....

ss321

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 1:42 pm
Tamiri wrote:
Okay, thanks I made them and they are perfect. It's a touchy-feely recipe that you really can't go wrong with. I first tried to mix potato starch with hot water but that was too gloppy to add to the eggs, so I just added the starch a bit at a time and it's perfect. I even added some spices to make savory eggy noodles for our soup.
Thanks!

Now my only question is why blintzes don't come out so easily..... hmmm....

good to hear! interesting idea about adding spices. What did you add? next time Im going to try adding maybe some chicken soup seasoning and garlic powder. what did you add. cant believe I never thought of that! yum!

Tamiri

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 2:36 pm
Garlic powder and pepper. I dont use chicken soup mix, but if you do I am sure it will taste great.

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 10:34 pm
I heaping Tbsp starch for each egg.

Dissolve starch in cold water (not to much, 1/2 a cup or less) Add eggs and salt and pepper. make crepes, roll them up and slice thin.

shopaholic

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 9:23 am
1 egg to 1 heaping Tablespoon of potato starch. A little oil in the pan. Use a ladle full for each pancake. Only fry on one side. When cool, roll up & cut into strips. my mother has made them this way for about 20+ years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus