Home

Have you ever?
  Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 32, 33, 34  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games


View latest: 24h 48h 72h

simcha4




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:08 pm
Rising wrote:
Yes, of course!

Did you ever wear mismatched shoes by mistake?


No! b'H.

Have you ever had no electricity a whole Shabbos?
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:11 pm
Only half a shabbos. During hurricane Sandy we lost power. Then we got it back Friday afternoon. Invited neighbors who didn't have their power. Two minutes before candles we lost power again. Quickly kit extra candles including yartzeit ones for the bathrooms. But I think it came back the next day, before the end of shabbos


Have you ever stayed up all night.
Back to top

happytobemom




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:44 pm
singleagain wrote:
Only half a shabbos. During hurricane Sandy we lost power. Then we got it back Friday afternoon. Invited neighbors who didn't have their power. Two minutes before candles we lost power again. Quickly kit extra candles including yartzeit ones for the bathrooms. But I think it came back the next day, before the end of shabbos


Have you ever stayed up all night.

Yes. The first time I made Pesach, the night before bedikas chometz. Don't try that at home!
Probably also in camp or seminary.

Have you ever gotten stuck Friday afternoon and spent Shabbos somewhere unexpected?
Back to top

Rugelech




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 8:22 am
I have not but a friend 's car broke down on Erev Shabbos and they spent the Shabbos in a nearby hotel in the middle of nowhere and had to eat whatever food they had on them.

Have you ever spent a day in the intensive care in a hospital? If yes, was it for a close family member and how did you cope?
Back to top

Rugelech




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 5:30 am
Next Question.

Have you ever done jury service?
Back to top

DreamerForever




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 5:59 am
Rugelech wrote:
Next Question.

Have you ever done jury service?


Nope, Thank G-d.

Have you ever been mistaken for somebody else?
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 6:53 am
My mom on the phone if the phone counts. But I'll answer and they'll start talking and I have to interrupt and say hey.. it's not mom it's daughter.

Have you ever had to cha he your plans overnight.?
Back to top

simcha4




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 9:34 am
singleagain wrote:
My mom on the phone if the phone counts. But I'll answer and they'll start talking and I have to interrupt and say hey.. it's not mom it's daughter.

Have you ever had to cha he your plans overnight.?


Singleagain, can you kindly repeat your question? I didn't quite understand it. Perhaps if you were doing voice to text that's why you have - cha he - in middle; I dunno what word that is.

TIA Smile
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 11:53 am
simcha4 wrote:
Singleagain, can you kindly repeat your question? I didn't quite understand it. Perhaps if you were doing voice to text that's why you have - cha he - in middle; I dunno what word that is.

TIA Smile


Oops. Types to fast and didn't proofread.

Change your plans overnight.

My parents were supposed to fly to my sister next week. Then she went into labor and they changed the flight overnight.
Back to top

simcha4




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 12:07 pm
singleagain wrote:
Oops. Types to fast and didn't proofread.

Change your plans overnight.

My parents were supposed to fly to my sister next week. Then she went into labor and they changed the flight overnight.


Thanks for explaining. Oh, so do you get a Mazel Tov?
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 12:12 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Thanks for explaining. Oh, so do you get a Mazel Tov?


Bahaha tova. No news yet. I can use tefillot though. Bil tested positive for covid so hospital made him leave, now my sister tested positive also. And my parents are in the airport waiting to board the plane. To arrive Thursday morning.
Back to top

Rugelech




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 1:08 pm
I wish your sister and Bil better and everything should go well for mother and baby.

You make me think of the next question for everyone.

Have you ever booked a flight and then missed it?
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 2:35 pm
Rugelech wrote:
I wish your sister and Bil better and everything should go well for mother and baby.

You make me think of the next question for everyone.

Have you ever booked a flight and then missed it?


BH no. But my luggage missed the flight and we were without items for first days pesach

Have you ever been interrupted multiple times and therefore taken twice as long to complete a task
Back to top

simcha4




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 8:42 pm
singleagain wrote:
BH no. But my luggage missed the flight and we were without items for first days pesach

Have you ever been interrupted multiple times and therefore taken twice as long to complete a task


Sure. Many times. Can be quite annoying.

Have you ever been in labor more than 24 hours?
Back to top

happytobemom




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 11:03 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Sure. Many times. Can be quite annoying.

Have you ever been in labor more than 24 hours?

Yes. Ended with a c-section! (Unrelated to the length of the labor)

Have you ever met quadruplets or quintuplets?
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jun 15 2022, 11:42 pm
Nope.

But good news. I'm a biological aunt... And my poor sister was on labor for a long time

Have you ever been happy and sad at the same time
Back to top

happytobemom




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 12:26 am
singleagain wrote:
Nope.

But good news. I'm a biological aunt... And my poor sister was on labor for a long time

Mazel Tov!!
Hope Mom and Dad and Baby are all well.
And of course the Auntie!!
Back to top

a2z




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 3:53 am
singleagain wrote:
Nope.

But good news. I'm a biological aunt... And my poor sister was on labor for a long time

Have you ever been happy and sad at the same time


Mazal tov!

Probably but don't remember exactly

Have you ever rode in a truck?
Back to top

simcha4




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 5:49 am
singleagain wrote:
Nope.

But good news. I'm a biological aunt... And my poor sister was on labor for a long time

Have you ever been happy and sad at the same time


"SINGLEAGAIN!!!!"
A HUGE, WARM, HEARTY, MAZEL TOV!!!!
I'm so, so happy for you and also relieved - I was thinking of your sister with corona in labor, and acc. to when you wrote your sister is in labor, it seemed to be a long labor. And your b-I-l whom I assumed is her husband also with corona!!!
I'm so glad that she's given birth, b'H!!!
So are you going to tell us if it's a boy or girl? Is this baby your first niece/nephew?
I hope you parents arrived safely, be'H.

Dearest "singleagain", do you feel sorta left out of the simcha b/c you're not there? Is it difficult for you that your sister lives not near you?
Or perhaps, your sister giving birth evokes in you feelings that you wish someday to have children of your own, iy'H?
Please note: you don't have to give me answers. I wrote these questions b/c I care about you and I rejoice in your simcha and feel with you in your sadness.
It's very normal to feel happy and sad at the same time.
A simcha, esp. a newborn baby is very emotional.
Accept how you are feeling and say to yourself, "it's totally fine that I feel now happy and sad." Or think up your own words.
Try to think iy'H of the happy future when you'll hold and cuddle and play with the baby.

_____________________________________________________

Yes, unfortunately, I have experienced being deeply happy and deeply sad at the same time. I felt like a pendulum was swinging to and fro inside me.
It was after I gave birth to my first child and 2 weeks after giving birth was told that my dear father was niftar 6 weeks earlier, when I was in the 8th month.
He was only 51 years.
I was so much looking forward that he see his first grandchild!!!

But Hashem is Merciful and Kind - Hashem Blessed me with a beautiful baby girl who was a comfort to me during that difficult time.

May all Imas here and all of Klal Yisrael be only blessed with simchas of a genuine joy.
Back to top

simcha4




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jun 16 2022, 5:55 am
a2z wrote:
Mazal tov!

Probably but don't remember exactly

Have you ever rode in a truck?


I assume that a truck is a lorry?

No.

Did you ever witness a robbery taking place?
Back to top
Page 2 of 34   Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 32, 33, 34  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games