Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Have you ever?
  Previous  1  2  3 14  15  16 79  80  81  Next

Rugelech

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:36 pm
No.

Have you ever wished somebody good Shabbos and the person did not answer you back anything?

birdie1

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:39 pm
Rugelech wrote:
No.

Have you ever wished somebody good Shabbos and the person did not answer you back anything?

Yes

Have you ever ignored someone you know because you didn't recognize her at the moment?

simcha4

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 5:19 pm
birdie1 wrote:
Yes

Have you ever ignored someone you know because you didn't recognize her at the moment?

Not that I remember. Once I was at a convention from the the work I do, and met one one of my colleagues who I was very good with, but I dunno what happened, for the life of me, I didn't recognize her!!! This is a woman who I had met on a weekly basis and we'd been in touch via email.
And she gave me a warm Hello and called me by my name. I felt so embarrassed that I had to say to her, "I'm so sorry, you look familiar but I don't remember your name."
B'H she wasn't insulted but took it graciously.

Have you ever forgotten your cellphone number when s/o asked you for it?
(Has happened to me so many times!)

happytobemom

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 10:03 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Not that I remember. Once I was at a convention from the the work I do, and met one one of my colleagues who I was very good with, but I dunno what happened, for the life of me, I didn't recognize her!!! This is a woman who I had met on a weekly basis and we'd been in touch via email.
And she gave me a warm Hello and called me by my name. I felt so embarrassed that I had to say to her, "I'm so sorry, you look familiar but I don't remember your name."
B'H she wasn't insulted but took it graciously.

Have you ever forgotten your cellphone number when s/o asked you for it?
(Has happened to me so many times!)

I've had the same cellphone number since before I'm married, so not in many years!

Have you ever stayed awake for 36 hours straight?

pknt

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 10:22 pm
happytobemom wrote:
I've had the same cellphone number since before I'm married, so not in many years!

Have you ever stayed awake for 36 hours straight?
NO , did you?

Have you ever kept your side of the story to yourself since saying your side would mean badmouthing the other party?

happytobemom

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 10:27 pm
KeeGay wrote:
NO , did you?

Have you ever kept your side of the story to yourself since saying your side would mean badmouthing the other party?

Yes. Not easy.

(And no, I don't think I've ever stayed awake that long!)

Have you ever figured out who another imamother poster was?

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 10:29 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Yes. Not easy.

(And no, I don't think I've ever stayed awake that long!)

Have you ever figured out who another imamother poster was?

My aunt A"H was smilingmom.

Reading a thread she started I went to my mom and said "ima is this your sister" and she said yes... I could have just clicked in her signature but I don't see that on mobile.

Also I can tell when my mom is anonymous

Have you ever freely told ppl what your screen name is ? I do all the time.

Rugelech

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 5:06 pm
No. I don't talk to people much about imamother.

Have you ever had a knock on your door on Shabbos or Yom Tov at a very late hour in the evening?

FreshGrandma

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 5:20 pm
Rugelech wrote:
No. I don't talk to people much about imamother.

Have you ever had a knock on your door on Shabbos or Yom Tov at a very late hour in the evening?

No, not that I remember.

Have you ever left a movie theater in the middle because the film was too scary?

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 5:22 pm
No, I'm stubborn and stay through the end.

Have you ever seen a movie that you regret spending money for

FreshGrandma

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 5:27 pm
singleagain wrote:
No, I'm stubborn and stay through the end.

Have you ever seen a movie that you regret spending money for

Well, I don't really regret money I did not spend wisely...
In the case of the movie I left after 10 minutes because it was too scary, I enjoyed NOT being in the cinema so much that I did not regret the money I spent on the ticket.

Have you ever regretted you did NOT buy something?

simcha4

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 7:58 pm
FreshGrandma wrote:
Well, I don't really regret money I did not spend wisely...
In the case of the movie I left after 10 minutes because it was too scary, I enjoyed NOT being in the cinema so much that I did not regret the money I spent on the ticket.

Have you ever regretted you did NOT buy something?

Not that I remember. I don't live with the thoughts of -
- oh, a shame that I didn't/did ...
- I should have ...
- I could have ...
- If only...
If I didn't buy something, Hashem Wanted it this way, so it was better for me that I didn't buy it. Plus it was not bashert for me to have it.

Were you ever on bed rest for a long time in hospital, during pregnancy?

happytobemom

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:09 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Not that I remember. I don't live with the thoughts of -
- oh, a shame that I didn't/did ...
- I should have ...
- I could have ...
- If only...
If I didn't buy something, Hashem Wanted it this way, so it was better for me that I didn't buy it. Plus it was not bashert for me to have it.

Were you ever on bed rest for a long time in hospital, during pregnancy?

Baruch Hashem, no.

Have you ever been hospitalized with covid?

birdie1

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:10 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Baruch Hashem, no.

Have you ever been hospitalized with covid?

No BH

Have you had Covid more than once?

happytobemom

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:13 pm
birdie1 wrote:
No BH

Have you had Covid more than once?

I don't think so, though I never actually tested positive for it, so it's questionable if I had it ever at all! (I probably did, last winter.)

Have you ever planted vegetables?

birdie1

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:24 pm
happytobemom wrote:
I don't think so, though I never actually tested positive for it, so it's questionable if I had it ever at all! (I probably did, last winter.)

Have you ever planted vegetables?

Yes! This spring/summer for the first time and I'm loving it.

Have you ever met an esteemed politician?

FreshGrandma

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 12:28 am
birdie1 wrote:
Yes! This spring/summer for the first time and I'm loving it.

Have you ever met an esteemed politician?

Well it has happened quite a few times that I have been in the same room as politicians who have functions on a national level, but you can't say I've met them. Once you are around those people you learn that the biggest favor you can do them is not to bother them. So I tend to move away from them, not towards them, when I have the occasion.

Have you ever met a person who looked or behaved just like someone else you knew, but they were not related at all, didn't even know each other?

simcha4

Post Sat, Jul 23 2022, 3:55 pm
FreshGrandma wrote:
Well it has happened quite a few times that I have been in the same room as politicians who have functions on a national level, but you can't say I've met them. Once you are around those people you learn that the biggest favor you can do them is not to bother them. So I tend to move away from them, not towards them, when I have the occasion.

Have you ever met a person who looked or behaved just like someone else you knew, but they were not related at all, didn't even know each other?

One of my immediate family members resembles closely a known Jewish singer. Their faces are extremely similar, same color hair, same body build and they wear the same type of hat and jacket. Many people have mistaken my relative for that singer, and once when the singer advertised an upcoming concert in which he was to perform, my family member's mother phoned her son and angrily asked him what the ad. was all about? Even his own mother mistook her son for that singer!
And no, they're not related at all.

Did someone ever (mistakenly) shout at you in public - the person mistook you for someone else she meant to shout at?

FreshGrandma

Post Sat, Jul 23 2022, 6:14 pm
simcha4 wrote:
One of my immediate family members resembles closely a known Jewish singer. Their faces are extremely similar, same color hair, same body build and they wear the same type of hat and jacket. Many people have mistaken my relative for that singer, and once when the singer advertised an upcoming concert in which he was to perform, my family member's mother phoned her son and angrily asked him what the ad. was all about? Even his own mother mistook her son for that singer!
And no, they're not related at all.

Did someone ever (mistakenly) shout at you in public - the person mistook you for someone else she meant to shout at?

No b"h

Did you ever unintentionally make a shidduch?

simcha4

Post Sat, Jul 23 2022, 6:20 pm
FreshGrandma wrote:
No b"h

Did you ever unintentionally make a shidduch?

No

Did you ever meet and speak to someone who works in Buckingham Palace ? (not a palace guard outside)
Page 15 of 81   Previous  1  2  3 14  15  16 79  80  81  Next Recent Topics