Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Arosa or St. Moritz
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 7:23 pm
Any recommendations for summer vacation? Which has more attractions? Prettier?

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Any recommendations for summer vacation? Which has more attractions? Prettier?

Arosa is pretty and St Moritz is majestic.
St Moritz is also more expensive and there is more to explore in the surrounding areas there than in Arosa.

However, if you are going just for a week to Arosa, then you will be covered with enough walking trails, hikes, boating on the lake etc.

I have been to both so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 9:03 pm
Thank you for your help!
There are kosher programs in both areas, though the one in Arosa seems to be on a higher standard. If we plan to go for 10 days, which do you think makes more sense?
Will there be enough attractions in Arosa?
Which would you choose?

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 9:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for your help!
There are kosher programs in both areas, though the one in Arosa seems to be on a higher standard. If we plan to go for 10 days, which do you think makes more sense?
Will there be enough attractions in Arosa?
Which would you choose?

If you are particular about standards and don't mind travelling out further afield (plus spending the extra journey time and a lot more money involved due to transportation costs ) then you can stick to Arosa.
The Arosa Card only offers free transportation / cable cars etc, up until a certain point.
Arosa is a very small place.

With St Moritz, although not too big either, you have the most magnificent and breathtaking mountain walks that you can take. And there are lots of mountain regions you can get to that are not that far, via bus, this is besides the two local mountains in St Moritz itself.
The St Moritz air is very good too for healing purposes.
I have been twice to St Moritz, twice to Davos and once to Arosa.
What are the most important things for you to have on vacation?

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 12:21 am
Which program is better? How is Davos?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 1:16 am
Davos is huge. You could go for two weeks or more and do something different every day. There is even a good selection kosher food in some shops. And lots of other shops like h&m.
But if you don't like to feel like you are in boro park on every walk you take or if you don't want to feel like you are on an eged nr. 402 to Bnei Brak each time you ride the bus, then this might not be for you.
(If you go now, then it's still relatively empty, but in August...)

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 1:54 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Davos is huge. You could go for two weeks or more and do something different every day. There is even a good selection kosher food in some shops. And lots of other shops like h&m.
But if you don't like to feel like you are in boro park on every walk you take or if you don't want to feel like you are on an eged nr. 402 to Bnei Brak each time you ride the bus, then this might not be for you.
(If you go now, then it's still relatively empty, but in August...)

Yes. On the bus you can feel like you are on the Yerushalayim / Bnei Brak bus. . But on the walks It's not the case. I have hardly met more than a few Yiddishe people on my walks. There are so many walk options available across all the different mountains.
The last few years many people who used to frequent Davos have switched to vacationing in the Saas region. Others have switched to Austria. Davos is definitely not like it used to be.

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 1:57 am
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
Which program is better? How is Davos?

Davos is also more family friendly and there are walks geared for those with strollers plus children's playgrounds, tobaggoning.

Levin's have a hotel in Davos for the past 10 years. The food is very good (not buffet style) and so is the service. They cater for the heimishe crowd.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 7:36 am
amother [ Aconite ] wrote:
Yes. On the bus you can feel like you are on the Yerushalayim / Bnei Brak bus. . But on the walks It's not the case. I have hardly met more than a few Yiddishe people on my walks. There are so many walk options available across all the different mountains.
The last few years many people who used to frequent Davos have switched to vacationing in the Saas region. Others have switched to Austria. Davos is definitely not like it used to be.

We went to Saas Fee/Grund/Almagell a few years ago. It’s beautiful. The local store has kosher bread- but you need to bring most of your food yourself. Tons of Yidden there when I went.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 7:40 am
Is it mostly Chadidish?

amother
Zinnia

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 8:28 am
The kosher hotel in Arosa (Metropol) hasn't been open the past few summers. Is there another kosher program in Arosa?

amother
Zinnia

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 9:02 am
I've been in Arosa around ten times and in or near St. Moritz around five times.

Arosa is great for a short stay. There is enough to do to fill up at least a week and even two weeks, if you've never been there before. The big advantage of Arosa is the Arosa Card, which entitles you to free cable cars (this can save hundreds of dollars if you're a family), free boating, free rope park and some other stuff.

St. Moritz is just majestic, as another poster said. There is tons to do in and around St. Moritz. But everything costs (a lot). Each cable car ride, for example, costs between around $25 to around $50 per adult, somewhat less for kids and teens, so it adds up quick.

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 9:16 am
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
The kosher hotel in Arosa (Metropol) hasn't been open the past few summers. Is there another kosher program in Arosa?
http://www.levtravel.co.il/en/summer/summer-2022/

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 9:21 am

You can check with them direct if they are open this summer. Please specify that you are enquiring about their Arosa program as this email is also for their Davos program.

hotel@levinarosa.com

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 9:25 am
I've been in Arosa around ten times and in or near St. Moritz around five times.

Arosa is great for a short stay. There is enough to do to fill up at least a week and even two weeks, if you've never been there before. The big advantage of Arosa is the Arosa Card, which entitles you to free cable cars (this can save hundreds of dollars if you're a family), free boating, free rope park and some other stuff.

St. Moritz is just majestic, as another poster said. There is tons to do in and around St. Moritz. But everything costs (a lot). Each cable car ride, for example, costs between around $25 to around $50 per adult, somewhat less for kids and teens, so it adds up quick.

I had the all inclusive card both times when I stayed in St Moritz. You get it free when staying at a hotel minimum 3 nights. I didn't need to pay for the cable cars or buses.

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 9:27 am
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
Is it mostly Chadidish?

Which area?

amother
Zinnia

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 12:06 pm
You can check with them direct if they are open this summer. Please specify that you are enquiring about their Arosa program as this email is also for their Davos program.

hotel@levinarosa.com

I checked with them already and they are not open this summer.

amother
Zinnia

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 12:08 pm
I had the all inclusive card both times when I stayed in St Moritz. You get it free when staying at a hotel minimum 3 nights. I didn't need to pay for the cable cars or buses.

That's great. I didn't know St. Moritz has that too. I don't stay at hotels when I go to the Alps, so it didn't apply to me. In Arosa you get the card when you rent a holiday flat too.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 12:18 pm

Levin have a hotel in Davos in the summer

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 3:39 pm

The email address is rub@levinarosa.com
For levin in Davos
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics