Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
I want to open a playgroup
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 11:22 pm
I live a little out of the area. I would love to open a very small playgroup for 2-3 year olds. I have a few questions.
1. Would anyone travel a little out of the area?
2. What is the going rate ? Would ppl pay more for a very small group of let's say 5 or 6 kids and I would be serving lunch. (Pls write what you would pay)
3. What are the going hours ?
Any other ideas welcome.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 11:24 pm
What is a little out of the area? There is no one area ..

I happen to have a 2.5 year old and would love to hear more !

happy7

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 11:29 pm
If you offer longer hours, people will come, and they will pay more. There is a need for longer hours. Most playgroups don’t stay open long enough for working parents.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 11:33 pm
Or maybe offer a smaller group like you suggested .. that’s also a plus and hard to find. But the numbers have to make sense .

confusedalways

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 11:34 pm
Same! I desperately need a babysitter for younger twos! Preferably with extended hours

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 11:34 pm
There are lots of people looking for that age and since it's hard to find a morah people would be willing to drive further. (Not everyone, but I'd think 5 or 6 you can definitely find...)
If you are a bit further you need to offer a bit longer time so people can get to work etc on time. 930-3 could be enough but I wouldn’t be surprised if people ask for 915.
You may want to rethink serving lunch. Food is expensive these days and you don't know for sure people care to spend more for it. Also little kids like the foods they are used to. They may not like what you serve...and then you're busy trying to please everyone...
Do ppl pay more for smaller groups? A bit. But not much.
You can charge $450 without food. But that's the top.

amother
Clover

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 11:37 pm
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:
There are lots of people looking for that age and since it's hard to find a morah people would be willing to drive further. (Not everyone, but I'd think 5 or 6 you can definitely find...)
If you are a bit further you need to offer a bit longer time so people can get to work etc on time. 930-3 could be enough but I wouldn’t be surprised if people ask for 915.
You may want to rethink serving lunch. Food is expensive these days and you don't know for sure people care to spend more for it. Also little kids like the foods they are used to. They may not like what you serve...and then you're busy trying to please everyone...
Do ppl pay more for smaller groups? A bit. But not much.
You can charge $450 without food. But that's the top.

if you are offering extended like 9:15-3:15 you can charge closer to $500. I shouldn't really be saying this because its such a high price but if you are also only having a very small group and since playgroup morahs' are charging a fortune because everyone is beyond desperate then you can charge a bit more (again, only with the extended hours and a smaller group)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 11:41 pm
So I'm not sure I can offer extended hours just yet. But I might be able to offer transportation. Maybe one way .
I don't think I would charge anywhere under $500. I was thinking more along the lines of 550. Is that too much ?

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 11:42 pm
Agree about the lunch . Not a big deal
to pack lunch for a 2 year old and then I actually know what she ate . Also agree about the $500 for extended hours plus smaller group .

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 11:43 pm
Transportation for two year olds ?
Where are you located ? Must be pretty far

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 11:49 pm
If you don’t live in Lakewood you may have legal issues with having a playgroup in your house.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 12:21 am
Just letting you know op that my friend charges $600 already

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 1:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I live a little out of the area. I would love to open a very small playgroup for 2-3 year olds. I have a few questions.
1. Would anyone travel a little out of the area?
2. What is the going rate ? Would ppl pay more for a very small group of let's say 5 or 6 kids and I would be serving lunch. (Pls write what you would pay)
3. What are the going hours ?
Any other ideas welcome.

1. yes. A 'little' out of the area, yes.
2. $450 + a month. People would pay more for smaller groups (or bigger groups, the demand is so big!)
3. 9:15 to 2:15 is standard - for longer hours you can charge more.

I have a playgroup 9:00 to 2:45 for $500 a month. 14 kids in the group. 2 full time teachers. younger 2.

Good luck!

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 1:42 am
amother [ Clover ] wrote:
if you are offering extended like 9:15-3:15 you can charge closer to $500. I shouldn't really be saying this because its such a high price but if you are also only having a very small group and since playgroup morahs' are charging a fortune because everyone is beyond desperate then you can charge a bit more (again, only with the extended hours and a smaller group)
they're charging more because it costs them more.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 1:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I'm not sure I can offer extended hours just yet. But I might be able to offer transportation. Maybe one way .
I don't think I would charge anywhere under $500. I was thinking more along the lines of 550. Is that too much ?
Not too much

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 9:59 am
I paid $550 this year for a younger 2 group from 9-4. 16 kids with an assistant and including food. I heard she raised her pricing to $625 for next year. There is definitely a demand for extended hours and you can charge a lot more for a smaller group…

amother
Oleander

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 10:02 am
Where are you located?

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 10:04 am
Is that 625 a month or a week?

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 10:06 am
this thread is depressing
I paid $360/month this year for a large group no lunch included but snacks/drinks/diapers are included

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 10:12 am
amother [ DarkPurple ] wrote:
this thread is depressing
I paid $360/month this year for a large group no lunch included but snacks/drinks/diapers are included

It really is Confused
No way am I shelling out $650 a month for playgroup
And thats only for one kid
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries