Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
I want to go to Israel but everything is so expensive!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 2:29 pm
We would love to go to Israel sometime before the Yomim Tovim, since DH hasn't seen some of his siblings in over 4 years, but everything is insanely expensive. Round trip tickets for 2 are running upwards of $1,500.

Parent sponsorships aren't an option Sad

Thanks for listening to my vent.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 2:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We would love to go to Israel sometime before the Yomim Tovim, since DH hasn't seen some of his siblings in over 4 years, but everything is insanely expensive. Round trip tickets for 2 are running upwards of $1,500.

Israel is expensive. Period.
Summer till after sukkos is the most expensive time to go. In the winter, it's cheaper.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 2:32 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Israel is expensive. Period.
Summer till after sukkos is the most expensive time to go. In the winter, it's cheaper.

We have a family simcha then. We could miss it, but obviously, that would be the preferred time.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 2:40 pm
Give up on something else.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 3:06 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Give up on something else.

Like what? Food? Gas? Electricity?

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 3:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

$1,500 for both tickets together? Or each? If it's for both together , that's crazy cheap!! If it's each, that's fairly typical, probably on cheaper end even...

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 3:12 pm
Look out for sales on dans deals. If your flexible - especially about stopovers - you can get a good deal

amother
Grape

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 3:16 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Look out for sales on dans deals. If your flexible - especially about stopovers - you can get a good deal

Do a search on kiwi.com. They offer super flexible search so you can look for any airport you’re willing to fly out of, plus any dates you might consider. There will be stopovers and sometimes they are not true connecting flights so you need to recheck your luggage for example but you can get pretty incredible deals.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 4:18 pm
Stopovers could be risky with all the cancellations...

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 4:21 pm
Me too
Haven't seen my siblings, grandmother, aunts and cousins in forever. Worst part is we had tickets (good deal too!) to go in last year after succos but then they completely shut down access to the country just at that time so we had to cancel them. With the prices we're seeing now I'll probably never see my grandmother again Crying

DrMom

Post Sat, Jul 09 2022, 2:22 pm
Airline ticket prices are through the roof worldwide.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sat, Jul 09 2022, 4:07 pm
There is a huge pent up wish to travel and people are willing to pay.
All experts said that cost of flying would go up once it was OK to fly again.

Shuly

Post Sat, Jul 09 2022, 4:31 pm
Start saving up miles from a good points credit card, like the Chase Sapphire. Look out for when they have offers for a lot of miles when you sign up.
That's what I'm currently doing because I'm in Israel but would like to visit my family in America.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 3:43 am
Shuly wrote:
Start saving up miles from a good points credit card, like the Chase Sapphire. Look out for when they have offers for a lot of miles when you sign up.
That's what I'm currently doing because I'm in Israel but would like to visit my family in America.

There is a deal on dans deals to fly thru DC direct from israel for 500$ on specific dates

https://www.dansdeals.com/airf.....trip/

sub

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 4:07 am
Dans deal is only for flights originating FROM ISRAEL

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 4:37 am
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
There is a deal on dans deals to fly thru DC direct from israel for 500$ on specific dates

https://www.dansdeals.com/airf.....trip/

I would love to book now for when I should be on chofshat leida. Is there a way to do that? Can I add a baby later on? Also does anyone know if this deal has a decent changing the flight policy? I don't really understand the elal website.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 5:25 am
I'm sorry for being rude, but I just don't understand the point of this.
There are a million things I would like to do or have, but can't afford to.
I also haven't seen my parents or brother in 5+ years.
Welcome to life.

If it's really important to your husband, he should travel alone for a week to see his family. Half the price for flight, he can stay with his parents/brother and nobody cares about feeding only one other person.
His family will also enjoy him more if he doesn't have to divide his time between them and you, because if you're coming as well, you will want to travel and see places, not just people.

One person can also find a deal through convoluted stopovers if he doesn't have to take your comfort in mind and only needs one seat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics