Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Frum blanket brand referenced in magazine ?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 11:31 am
I heard someone mention a magazine referencing a commonly known frum blanket brand and making an untrue statement ? I hadn’t noticed it so curious what it was ?
Did anyone see anything like this ?

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 11:40 am
Huh

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 11:41 am
Dlted mistake

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 12:40 pm
Yes, what what it about?

amother
Valerian

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 1:30 pm
I didn’t know what you were talking about but now I see the blanket company on Instagram talking about it. That the mag printed something untrue about them and they want the mag to retract and correct but mag not doing it. They said they got permission to pursue legally since it’s their Parnassian but really really don’t want to and they don’t know why mag didn’t do research and why mag won’t correct now.
Writing all this without knowing which mag said what.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 8:28 pm
what what what???

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 8:39 pm
Realized right away which company, but now I’m curious which magazine and what the story was…

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:03 pm
I believe the Ami had an article about the brand that produced those disastrous countertop covers for Pesach. The blanket company posted in defense of the company at the time, and that was included in the article.

I don’t remember what specifically was said about the blanket company in the article, but do recall it being mentioned.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:10 pm
amother [ Clematis ] wrote:
I believe the Ami had an article about the brand that produced those disastrous countertop covers for Pesach. The blanket company posted in defense of the company at the time, and that was included in the article.

I don’t remember what specifically was said about the blanket company in the article, but do recall it being mentioned.

I remember the blanket co posting in defense. But what did the magazine then report that is slanderous?

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

1ofbillions

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:12 pm
Found the article - https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce.....2M2Y=

It’s from a month ago, so it seems like it’s the article being referenced. But I’m not seeing any defamatory statements about the blanket brand in it. Confused. It all seems factual.

Last edited by 1ofbillions on Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:12 pm
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:
I didn’t know what you were talking about but now I see the blanket company on Instagram talking about it. That the mag printed something untrue about them and they want the mag to retract and correct but mag not doing it. They said they got permission to pursue legally since it’s their Parnassian but really really don’t want to and they don’t know why mag didn’t do research and why mag won’t correct now.
Writing all this without knowing which mag said what.

Btw, this blanket company portray themselves as such nice people. But this is not the first time they're using "legal" activity because of something they think was done wrong against them. The ami may be in the wrong but not every little thing is yes legal or not legal. They sound like a bunch of babies.

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:14 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I remember the blanket posting in defense. But what did the magazine then report that is slanderous?

blanket wrote on instagram that she was being nice to someone and it came back to bite her. Im assuming she was being nice to the counter company and now ami accused her of lying about the counter product. I didnt see either the article or the defensive post but ami is sensationalist and swaddlebee has a reputation to protect.

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:16 pm
1ofbillions wrote:

It’s from a month ago, so it seems like it’s the article being referenced. But I’m not seeing any defamatory statements about the blanket brand in it. Confused. It all seems factual.

maybe it's not true that she didn't have money to pay rent?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:19 pm
1ofbillions wrote:

What are they saying is slanderous? That they didn't have to recall the item? That they didn't have to borrow money to pay rent (I don't remember that line from their post-YT post)?

1ofbillions

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:23 pm
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
maybe it's not true that she didn't have money to pay rent?

I remember her saying that she couldn’t pay her rent in the past so I think it’s accurate.

I do understand how it could be violating for that info to be published without her permission. Not nice.

She said the article stated misinformation that can be easily disproven by googling. Not sure what line in the article that could be referring to.

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:25 pm
What I found interesting is that it seems they changed the story? They were basically ignoring everyone the first 24 hours. No statement or whatever.
Now they are saying they knew Erev Pesach already?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:30 pm
1ofbillions wrote:

Thanks, also confused, as I’m almost positive I remember them saying they had no money after the recall and had to borrow etc..

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:33 pm
Probably the part that it was made in China when really they make it locally?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:35 pm
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
Probably the part that it was made in China when really they make it locally?

Just checked the tag on the item I have that has the snaps etc.. says designed in NY, Made in China, it’s possible other items aren’t.

amother
Valerian

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:45 pm
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:
Btw, this blanket company portray themselves as such nice people. But this is not the first time they're using "legal" activity because of something they think was done wrong against them. The ami may be in the wrong but not every little thing is yes legal or not legal. They sound like a bunch of babies.
And you sound like you have skin in this game. 🧌 🍿
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media