Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pediatrician in BP - is this normal??

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 1:04 am
Almost every single appointment I have to wait a MINIMUM of 45 minutes to be seen whether its a sick or well visit. Is this normal?!
I'm hoping its not and if so I want to change. Any recommendations of a good Doctor within reasonable walking distance to 14/50 who has excellent bedside manner?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 1:23 am
In BP there's is none. I was almost going to switch to Dr. Yellows. A close sibling to me went from Dr. Diamonds group to Dr. Yellows. She doesn't recommend the switch. I'm desperate to leave Dr. Diamond group but so fat I haven't found anybody better.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 8:29 am
I'm not sure where you are now but I use Pediatric Associates, Dr Lazar and am very happy. There's always gonna be a wait. The appointments are made at certain intervals but the doctor has no wayof knowing what's waiting behind the door when he walks into the room. How many tests need to be taken, what the moms concerns are that need discussing. One long appointment and the rest of us are gonna sit in the waiting room. Any doctor that runs like clockwork either doesn't have many patients are doesn't give his/her time of day.

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 8:39 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I'm not sure where you are now but I use Pediatric Associates, Dr Lazar and am very happy. There's always gonna be a wait. The appointments are made at certain intervals but the doctor has no wayof knowing what's waiting behind the door when he walks into the room. How many tests need to be taken, what the moms concerns are that need discussing. One long appointment and the rest of us are gonna sit in the waiting room. Any doctor that runs like clockwork either doesn't have many patients are doesn't give his/her time of day.

I use a doctor (in Flatbush) with no wait time and I've never been rushed. The office schedules appointments very efficiently and are on top of it.

Dandelion21

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 8:43 am
What abt Ezra mrdical

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 9:16 am
Ezra medical was amazing for me. No wait at all.

amother
Hosta

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 9:17 am
Bli Ayin Hara it’s an overpopulated place.
You don’t have too many better options really.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 9:20 am
I once waited four hours in an office because a Rabbi from Lviv came with his kids and they came for a well visit. Look I do know he's coming from a 3rd world country but the Dr office didnt have to make things take sooo long.

Just One

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 9:25 am
Another vote for Ezra. Very efficient with almost no wait time.
I was a patient at Dr Diamond and switched after a short time. While the long wait time was frustrating in and of itself it was also indicative of an office that wasn't well run in general.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 9:27 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:

The bp location? Do you see the father or the son? Are they both great? I thought they have some policy with new patients.

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 9:31 am
amother [ DarkGray ] wrote:
I use a doctor (in Flatbush) with no wait time and I've never been rushed. The office schedules appointments very efficiently and are on top of it.

Same here. I feel bad for moms who cannot get around easily and are limited to the choices within walking distance.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 9:43 am
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:
In BP there's is none. I was almost going to switch to Dr. Yellows. A close sibling to me went from Dr. Diamonds group to Dr. Yellows. She doesn't recommend the switch. I'm desperate to leave Dr. Diamond group but so fat I haven't found anybody better.

I don't live in BP anymore but when I did I made the switch from Dr Diamond to her.
I did regular sick visits with her. Something more serious I made appt with Dr Zagelbaum that came in once a week. Does he still come in?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 9:49 am
amother [ Peachpuff ] wrote:
I don't live in BP anymore but when I did I made the switch from Dr Diamond to her.
I did regular sick visits with her. Something more serious I made appt with Dr Zagelbaum that came in once a week. Does he still come in?

Dr. Zagelbaum is great. But he's only here once a week. If only I can make sure my kids gets sick within around that day.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 10:07 am
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:
Dr. Zagelbaum is great. But he's only here once a week. If only I can make sure my kids gets sick within around that day.

For regular sick visits I was fine with Dr Yellos

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 10:59 am
amother [ Peachpuff ] wrote:
For regular sick visits I was fine with Dr Yellos

I was at Dr Yellows and Switched to Dr Zyskind
His wait time is insane but is worth the wait
he really gives you your time and explains any questions I may have.
For "emergency" visits such as ear infection etc (my baby is young) I used= Dr Hayum @ Perfect Health
He is amazing!!!!!! An their office is really well managed

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 12:40 pm
amother [ Pistachio ] wrote:
I was at Dr Yellows and Switched to Dr Zyskind
His wait time is insane but is worth the wait
he really gives you your time and explains any questions I may have.
For "emergency" visits such as ear infection etc (my baby is young) I used= Dr Hayum @ Perfect Health
He is amazing!!!!!! An their office is really well managed

Dr. Zyskind is amazing! But he's not always in especially now in the summer. He's out ALOT.
You use 2 different doctors for the same kid? How does that work with insurance? Often enough a sick visit is more complicated than just an ear infection.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics