Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Beis hachinuch- Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 11:39 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
and the owner of Bais Rochel told me that Bais hachinuch is not half as chasidish as them and I should rather go there Banging head

Think chassidish a very broad term.
Everyone calls chassidish something else

amother
Candycane

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 11:42 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
and the owner of Bais Rochel told me that Bais hachinuch is not half as chasidish as them and I should rather go to B.H. Banging head

Bais Hachinuch has plenty very chassidish people, covered wigs.

amother
Moonstone

amother Darkblue wrote:
It's two different schools. Bais Rochel is Yeshivish and speaks Lithuanian Yidish. Beis Chinuch is with it chasidish. Period.

How is bais rochel yeshivish? All the people I know who send are very chassidish and I don't know anyone yeshivish who would even consider applying there

Notsobusy

amother Darkblue wrote:
It's two different schools. Bais Rochel is Yeshivish and speaks Lithuanian Yidish. Beis Chinuch is with it chasidish. Period.

I don't think this is right. Everyone I know who sends to Bais Rochel is heimish/chassidish. Are you confusing it with Bais Rivka Rochel?

I don't know anything about Beis Hachinuch so can't help with that.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 11:45 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
Not for school sake more for your kids sake.
The morning class is taught in Yiddish. Will they understand?
They read chassidish way too

I'm not sure. my older one understand a little bit picked it up from neighbors in bp. Not sure about in school setting... But my cheshbon is at least she'll get to be in a school...

amother
Candycane

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 11:46 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
I'm not sure. my older one understand a little bit picked it up from neighbors in bp. Not sure about in school setting... But my cheshbon is at least she'll get to be in a school...

The school is run like any typical chassidish school. Yiddish in the morning, English in the afternoon.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 11:48 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
The school is run like any typical chassidish school. Yiddish in the morning, English in the afternoon.

But I believe the girls speak English among themselves…

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 11:49 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
Bais Hachinuch has plenty very chassidish people, covered wigs.

Really? Are they very with-it otherwise?

amother
Candycane

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 11:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
But I believe the girls speak English among themselves…

This goes on in every chassidish school. The girls that come from strictly yiddish speaking homes, talk more yiddish amongst their friends.

amother
Candycane

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 11:51 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
Really? Are they very with-it otherwise?

Some yes some are very simple.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 11:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
Which school are they in now?
What grade?

Bybp
I still can't believe that they didn't open a branch here. I rented my house out for 3 years to give them that chance. But now I have to move by hook or by crook with a school or without.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:00 am
amother Seablue wrote:
Bybp
I still can't believe that they didn't open a branch here. I rented my house out for 3 years to give them that chance. But now I have to move by hook or by crook with a school or without.

What grades?

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:03 am
amother OP wrote:
What grades?

entering 1st and 4th

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:12 am
amother Seablue wrote:
Bybp

What I really don't get it how it would hurt Litvish Lakewood if BYBP was to open. The yeshivish schools are not willing to accept us (no room). We are talking about a parent body that is frum and tznius type (always wears stockings and cover knee /elbows. So we don't disturb the Lakewood principals that much... There are way more modern parent body in BF, Bnos Esther Malka etc...

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:22 am
amother Seablue wrote:
What I really don't get it how it would hurt Litvish Lakewood if BYBP was to open. The yeshivish schools are not willing to accept us (no room). We are talking about a parent body that is frum and tznius type (always wears stockings and cover knee /elbows. So we don't disturb the Lakewood principals that much... There are way more modern parent body in BF, Bnos Esther Malka etc...

What makes you think it would bother anyone? Bybp has no interest in opening in Lakewood not sure why you think anyone is preventing it from opening. Lakewood schools are begging people to open more schools.

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:26 am
And btw BYBP was a litvish schools for decades. It only started leaning heavily chassidish when all the litvish people left boro park. It was opened after the war and was a typical BY. When I went it was all litvish and I think it’s cute that everyone refers to it as the perfect model of a chassidish school.

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:27 am
amother Moonstone wrote:
What makes you think it would bother anyone? Bybp has no interest in opening in Lakewood not sure why you think anyone is preventing it from opening. Lakewood schools are begging people to open more schools.

Do you know this for a fact?
My husband spoke to to a big askan today and I heard from his mouth that he had everthing in motion for Rabbi Frank to start here... Money, building etc... and they were threatened and whatever

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:33 am
amother Moonstone wrote:
And btw BYBP was a litvish schools for decades. It only started leaning heavily chassidish when all the litvish people left boro park. It was opened after the war and was a typical BY. When I went it was all litvish and I think it’s cute that everyone refers to it as the perfect model of a chassidish school.

Whatever, who cares what was. Whatever is now is working for whoever needs it. and btw half their clientele is litvish and Chaim Berlin...
Chumush is taught strictly in Hebrew and Artscroll English transalation. My Daughter had 5 Batsheva's in her class named after Reb Kanievsky and every week she learned about a diff Godol , Chazan Ish etc...

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:41 am
Are you moving for this coming year ? Did you apply to bnos penina ? That is the bybp in lakewood now. How chassidish are you ? What is your background? You can also apply to bnos bracha , I know they accepted lots of heimish families recently who moved and sent to bybp.

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 1:01 am
[quote="amother Hydrangea"]Are you moving for this coming year ? Did you apply to bnos penina ? That is the bybp in lakewood now. How chassidish are you ? What is your background? You can also apply to bnos bracha , I know they accepte
-
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics