Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Would you send your toddler out just for social stimulation
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 1:39 pm
If your available and able to care for the toddler ? Sending out solely for social.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 1:41 pm
If money wasn't an issue, I for sure would. I think it's good for kids to be around other kids their age, as well as around other adults. Even at 2 years old.
Could be just for 2-3 hrs.

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 1:44 pm
How old a toddler are we talking? Probably at least a few hours a few times a week oncr theyr 2.5. or at least an organized playground with friends

amother
Snapdragon

No, but I would make playdates/Gymboree/library hour…..
Do you have any friends with kids that age, even if it is more “work” on your part and you watch their kid.

There are plenty of opportunities for your child to socialize without sending them to a babysitter.

amother
Jade

Absolutely. Not for the whole day, but part of the day.

The other option is to find some sort of mommy and me group and go regularly.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 1:48 pm
amother [ Snapdragon ] wrote:
Do you have any friends with kids that age, even if it is more “work” on your part and you watch their kid.

There are plenty of opportunities for your child to socialize without sending them to a babysitter.
I found keeping a toddler home to be a lot of work. Too much, really. I sent out because I needed a break. But I’m sure it’s a personality thing.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 1:50 pm
I’m thinking of doing it but I don’t have the money.
Instead I’m trying to find someone who has a toddler the same age as mine to watch in my house.
My toddler really likes being with other kids

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 1:51 pm
I send out my toddler because he was going crazy from boredom at home. He wasn't interested in playing with me. He loved it from day 1 and has become so much more calm. He's out for around 4 hours a day.
It was also getting very hard for me to have him home all day and it's impossible to shop or do errands with him.

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 1:52 pm
For sure!! And for me, to have more space to run around, designated play space, places to expire and climb on. My apt is really small

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 1:54 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Instead I’m trying to find someone who has a toddler the same age as mine to watch in my house.

Where are you located? I’m thinking the same.

I have other kids but their all older.. this is the issue with spacing. She’s left with no one to play with Crying

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 2:00 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

Over the summer when my kids are home we pair up with other stay at home mommies for set playdates

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 2:08 pm
amother [ Snapdragon ] wrote:

If money isn’t an issue, how’s that any different from sending to a playgroup/babysitter for a few hours?

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 2:13 pm
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:
If money isn’t an issue, how’s that any different from sending to a playgroup/babysitter for a few hours?

Because you stay with your kid at those classes.

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 2:32 pm
amother [ Oleander ] wrote:
Because you stay with your kid at those classes.

I hear you. At this age, I feel like it’s ok for my kids not to be with me for a few hours and I know I’m not organized enough to separately arrange everything they’d have in school.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 2:33 pm
After about 2.5 maybe.

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 2:49 pm
I am home but just started sending my 2.5 out. We went to mommy and me classes once a week and did other things but she needs much more socializing with kids her age. She was really bored and asked for friends all day. Now she wakes up and asks if it’s time to go yet.

amother
RosePink

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 2:50 pm
Related question: Opinions on this if toddler has a younger sibling and they both seem content with each other's company?

SuperWify

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 2:51 pm
I did and it was so good for her! Good for me too because I realized I have more time to invest in my business and I did!

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 2:56 pm
amother [ RosePink ] wrote:
Related question: Opinions on this if toddler has a younger sibling and they both seem content with each other's company?

I find 2 kids together way easier than 1.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 3:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where are you located? I’m thinking the same.

I have other kids but their all older.. this is the issue with spacing. She’s left with no one to play with Crying

Monsey
I don’t really know a lot of people so I don’t have who to meet up with.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics