Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
I’m new here… do stores really run out of clothing months
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:02 pm
Before the season the clothing was made for? Do I need to shop right now for winter or I’ll be too late? My neighbor was mentioning how she better finish up her shopping or they’ll be out of her sizes for sukkos… WTH?
Isn’t the winter super long that they should constantly be restocking?

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:04 pm
They run out of the popular items. There will always be stock in stores but if you are picky and want certain companies or to match everyone then you need to buy early

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:04 pm
If you want all your kids coordinated from head to toe you have to shop in advance. Otherwise you won't get everything you want for all your kids in the sizes and colors that you need. I'm not part of this, btw, just explaining. If you don't care about having your kids coordinate you'll find plenty to buy later on.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:18 pm
I find that they run out of the medium priced (nothing is really cheap) things first.

I don’t match kids and had a hard time finding a few outfits for my kid in stores in June.

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Before the season the clothing was made for? Do I need to shop right now for winter or I’ll be too late? My neighbor was mentioning how she better finish up her shopping or they’ll be out of her sizes for sukkos… WTH?
Isn’t the winter super long that they should constantly be restocking?

oh please. don't stress. noone will go naked. enjoy your summer ☀️

and yes I live in lakewood

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:39 pm
Personally I love shopping, so I’m on top of all the new things the stores bring in. However, unless, as others have mentioned, you need multiple sizes of the same outfit, you’ll be totally fine. And shabbos is a little harder than every day, maybe that try to finish shopping for before Sukkos. And if you don’t you’ll be fine too.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:41 pm
Shopping gives me anxiety. I can’t go to the stores because I work during the week and taking the kids with me on Sunday is a nightmare. I’m worried they’ll sell out of the basics in the sizes I need. Argh I hate this stress

amother
Hyacinth

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:45 pm
If you don't care about matching all your kids you will be fine. I buy 2 shabbos outfits before Yom tov and wait for everything else to go on sale and there is always plenty left.

mizle10

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:47 pm
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
Personally I love shopping, so I’m on top of all the new things the stores bring in. However, unless, as others have mentioned, you need multiple sizes of the same outfit, you’ll be totally fine. And shabbos is a little harder than every day, maybe that try to finish shopping for before Sukkos. And if you don’t you’ll be fine too.

This craziness is so beyond shopping. I love shopping, so when we need clothing I enjoy going to the stores, looking at the different prints and styles, feeling the fabrics.

Now it’s an obsession of craziness to go running after every random brand that decides they’re high end to grab a piece of their ridiculous clothing at ridiculous prices.

2nd DROP NOW IN!!!!!! And everyone has to go running so chas veshalom their baby shouldn’t be missing out in 4.5 months from now on wearing a specific strechie in a specific shade of taupe🙄

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:05 pm
I was in Tottini today and they were already out of a lot of sizes even though the new clothes dropped on Monday. I only have 2 kids to match and I only had 2-3 pajama options that had both of their sizes. It’s definitely a thing for people who want to follow trends and/or have their kids matching

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:09 pm
I'm getting stressed out just reading about this... Bh I live in Flatbush, where I don't feel this peer pressure at all!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:17 pm
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
I was in Tottini today and they were already out of a lot of sizes even though the new clothes dropped on Monday. I only have 2 kids to match and I only had 2-3 pajama options that had both of their sizes. It’s definitely a thing for people who want to follow trends and/or have their kids matching

So that’s it? Their out now for the rest of this winter?!? Does that make any sense?

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So that’s it? Their out now for the rest of this winter?!? Does that make any sense?

Tottini restocks

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:19 pm
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
I'm getting stressed out just reading about this... Bh I live in Flatbush, where I don't feel this peer pressure at all!!

I happen to think that it’s not community specific. From what my neighbor was telling me, any in town community has this issue. Including ny.
Just one of those things I’ll have to live with as a downside of living in town
The perks of in town far outweigh these annoying cons.

( coming from a wayyyy out of town tiny community…)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:19 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Tottini restocks

Oh thank goodness!

Rappel

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

With a customer base that will buy them out in 3 days, why would they need to sell anything between now and when they feel like it?

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:21 pm
Yes there is an intense panic shopping that begins now in Lkwd, Monsey, BP and other larger in town communities.

The stores feed it and add to the drama by having low stock from the start, not restocking, hiding stock...

Ycan either join the panic or make peace with it and shop in Dept Stores and risk your kids not looking like a Jewish Lil Instagram star model... Gasp.

Welcome to the hood.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:28 pm
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:
Yes there is an intense panic shopping that begins now in Lkwd, Monsey, BP and other larger in town communities.

The stores feed it and add to the drama by having low stock from the start, not restocking, hiding stock..

Ycan either join the panic or make peace with it and shop in Dept Stores and risk your kids not looking like a Jewish Lil Instagram star model... Gasp.

Welcome to the hood.

Hiding stock? Isn’t that going a tad too far? You would think their selling luxury Xboxes over here.
Don’t we all need to clothe our kids as a basic, not luxury item that should be rationed like and sought after?
What am I missing here?
I think I’m out of the race before we even start…
I just feel bad for my kids who won’t be dressed in style

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:33 pm
Ya you sound like a free thinker. Go for it.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:36 pm
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
If you don't care about matching all your kids you will be fine. I buy 2 shabbos outfits before Yom tov and wait for everything else to go on sale and there is always plenty left.

I would love this to be true, but that has not been my experience.

I have ONE daughter, she's thin and easy to fit, but I have found in the past that if I waited too long (I figured, what's the big deal? Surely I can still find ONE Shabbos dress?), I had a very hard time. All the nice outfits in her size were sold out. All the medium priced outfits (true, there are no low priced outfits!) Were sold out. We ended up spending WAY more than I had planned simply to buy something that fit.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries