Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
I’m new here… do stores really run out of clothing months
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:39 pm
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:
Ya you sound like a free thinker. Go for it.

Not so much.. Now I’m nervous that my kids will feel stupid being the only ones not dressed up to date. God help us.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:40 pm
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
I was in Tottini today and they were already out of a lot of sizes even though the new clothes dropped on Monday. I only have 2 kids to match and I only had 2-3 pajama options that had both of their sizes. It’s definitely a thing for people who want to follow trends and/or have their kids matching

Did u ask them if they had any more sizes in the back?

amother
Springgreen

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:42 pm
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
I'm getting stressed out just reading about this... Bh I live in Flatbush, where I don't feel this peer pressure at all!!

Same here and in Flatbush as well! Totally not thinking about shopping yet. And I don't match my kids so it's much easier.

But I'm not getting stressed out...I'm just laughing at the ridiculousness of it.

Though it's actually much funnier pesach time. Everyone goes nuts buying summer stuff for yom tov and then is legitimately shocked when it's too cold to wear it. This happens every year and really makes for some laughs.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:45 pm
I don’t shop in the frum stores. Problem solved.

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:46 pm
amother [ Springgreen ] wrote:
Same here and in Flatbush as well! Totally not thinking about shopping yet. And I don't match my kids so it's much easier.

But I'm not getting stressed out...I'm just laughing at the ridiculousness of it.

Though it's actually much funnier pesach time. Everyone goes nuts buying summer stuff for yom.I'm too and then is legitimately shocked when it's too cold to wear it. This happens every year and really makes for some laughs.

Lol, I remember seeing girls wearing fur vests a few years ago on succos, in 80 degree weather!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:20 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I don’t shop in the frum stores. Problem solved.

But I feel like you can only shop in non Jewish stores if you know how to shop… otherwise your in for a long ride.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:52 pm
Op I say you can wait another few weeks. They might be out of what they got in now but they're constantly bringing in new things. Many people are away bein hazmanim and they are fine.

ETA I find girls sizes 4-7 get sold out first. If you looking for matching within that range you'll need to be more on top of it but otherwise you should be ok

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not so much.. Now I’m nervous that my kids will feel stupid being the only ones not dressed up to date. God help us.

They won't be the only ones my kids live in hand-me-downs

Which means that they are wearing last year or even 2-3 year old style.

Did I horrify you?

I find it's the mother if the mother needs her kids to be dressed up to date, her kids are usually like that.
If the mother would not know what the style is if you showed her pictures the kids are usually the same.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:58 pm
It's tons easier with younger kids. Babies or even 3-4 year olds you can buy clothing from literally anywhere... Once they get older they need tznius styles etc which is much much harder to find, so you end up having to buy from frum stores by default.

amother
Sage

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 7:40 am
Relax everyone! I live in Lakewood, shop in the high end stores, and am not starting yet. There are plenty of days between school and camp to shop and succos is not for a while. There are some brands that 'dropped' already, but no need to grab! Almost every day through September other companies will be arriving. The stores like to sell out the brands they get as they come in to make room for the new ones that are coming. You may not find the sizes you need of the brands that came in July, but so many other companies are still sending out their shipments! Some people grab in the panic and then see cuter/cheaper/nicer stuff in the stores 2 weeks later! Basically, shop when it's convenient for you and with Hashem's help you will find!

amother
Begonia

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 8:25 am
I have no idea how tottini manages their stock, but I regularly buy tons online when they go on clearance and they still have lots of styles and sizes that work for me (I shop for three kids from there). Kidichic tends to sell out of certain items, especially shabbos dresses, but even there I get plenty on sale. No need to panic AT ALL.

newinbp

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 8:37 am
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:
Yes there is an intense panic shopping that begins now in Lkwd, Monsey, BP and other larger in town communities.

The stores feed it and add to the drama by having low stock from the start, not restocking, hiding stock...

Ycan either join the panic or make peace with it and shop in Dept Stores and risk your kids not looking like a Jewish Lil Instagram star model... Gasp.

Welcome to the hood.

Wow I didn't realize this was a thing at all. And I don't read Ami but bought it a couple weeks ago and there was a fiction story exactly about this topic, buying clothes season drop, etc., Did anyone here read it? I thought it was bizarre and now reading this thread I see they were basing it off real life! Omg! What world are people living in?! I sincerely hope that my family won't give in and pressure me to dress them like the Joneses and to follow this trend oy cuz mommy doesn't have patience for this mishegas

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 8:45 am
Anonymous because my friends know this about me. My children match , I wait for everyone to grab things and make themselves Ill. Shortly after Yom Tov, I shop for the season. My children are always well dressed, to the point that people have commented on their wardrobes. The stores will always have their delayed shipments. These items will still be in stock and you will not have your children matching the rest of the town. Don’t stress.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Is this supposed to be read in a sarcastic tone or is it your true feeling OP?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hiding stock? Isn’t that going a tad too far? You would think their selling luxury Xboxes over here.
Don’t we all need to clothe our kids as a basic, not luxury item that should be rationed like and sought after?
What am I missing here?
I think I’m out of the race before we even start…
I just feel bad for my kids who won’t be dressed in style

Have your kids ever complained to you that they weren't stylish enough? Yes or no?
I am sorry OP but last time I checked true yiddish values have nothing to do with stylish clothes. Kids are kids and not supposed to be models in a fashion magazine.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

How old are your kids? I dress mine in sale items and sometimes department store items and as long as they look clean and nice no one cares. Especially the boys! Just make sure they’re wearing the same type of outfit that the other kids are, ex: if everyone is wearing polos don’t put them in a tee etc.
girls sometimes get to the age where they want brands, so I’d buy a couple of that but can also be on sale if it looks classy.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:32 am
If everyone is shopping at the same stores then everyone has the same top/blouse/sweater/dress, etc.
That’s why I get so picky.
I don’t want the same as everyone else
I like to look in-style but also unique
I can only get that by shopping in Non- Jewish stores, since most shop in the Jewish stores.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:33 am
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
Lol, I remember seeing girls wearing fur vests a few years ago on succos, in 80 degree weather!!

Last year on RH in 90 degrees my heart went out to all the little kids wearing wool and fleece. Mine were in summer clothes even though I do buy in advance and had their winter wardrobe. I always keep the summer stuff in their closets just in case it’s still hot on YT.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:47 am
I strongly oppose the concept of matching kids. Sure, it looks nice. However at a second thought one should think again ask ask oneself "Why?"
There is not halacha that kids need to match. I don't believe our anshei chinuch are proponents of matching kids. I don't think the women of our esteemed community leaders and gdolei hador run around and shop in order to match for the season. This is simply a commercial concept that you are buying into. If you want to keep up with the Joneses and think that this is one of the yiddish core values then do it by all means. Just know that some of us *do* know to differ between Haikar and Hatafel and matching kids is low down on our priority list of fostering the young generation.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:56 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I strongly oppose the concept of matching kids. Sure, it looks nice. However at a second thought one should think again ask ask oneself "Why?"
There is not halacha that kids need to match. I don't believe our anshei chinuch are proponents of matching kids. I don't think the women of our esteemed community leaders and gdolei hador run around and shop in order to match for the season. This is simply a commercial concept that you are buying into. If you want to keep up with the Joneses and think that this is one of the yiddish core values then do it by all means. Just know that some of us *do* know to differ between Haikar and Hatafel and matching kids is low down on our priority list of fostering the young generation.

Seriously? People like how it looks period. Just like you can paint your house pink to make you feel happy you can match your kids. When you buy your couch do you try to copy what the gedolim have in their houses? How does this even make sense?
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries