Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
House with no pool-Jackson
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 1:15 am
I’m looking into a house in Jackson that does not have a pool. Most houses on the block have pools. I’m personally not into pools but will it be hard for my kids growing up being the only ones without a pool? In Lakewood this isn’t an issue because most people don’t have pools but it seems like in Jackson and Toms River many homes come with it. Putting one in isn’t an option.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 1:16 am
More than half the people don’t have pools in Toms River and Jackson. They will be totally fine.

BayMom

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 1:19 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m looking into a house in Jackson that does not have a pool. Most houses on the block have pools. I’m personally not into pools but will it be hard for my kids growing up being the only ones without a pool? In Lakewood this isn’t an issue because most people don’t have pools but it seems like in Jackson and Toms River many homes come with it. Putting one in isn’t an option.
Your neighbors' kids with the pools will need company when they go swimming. Your kids will be the perfect candidates for the invites.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 1:19 am
Is that fact? Not arguing, just curious because every house we looked at had a pool and every other house on this block has a pool so just wondering.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 12:04 pm
You can always put some fun things in your yard for your kids' entertainment, and sign them up for a local pool when they want to swim.

I live in a neighborhood where some people have pools. We don't, and I wouldn't want the responsibility of one. My kids are fine (and they have a trampoline. And really comfy deck chairs.)

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 1:05 pm
Do you actively not want a pool or do you just not have a strong desire for a pool

I think that pools are more desirable among frum families than perhaps in the *regular* world because there are much fewer options for swimming for frum families because of restrictions.

With a pool your family has the ability to swim all summer without being restricted to certain times or no ability at all. Also you can't really count on your neighbors to have your all of your children swimming whenever they would want.

Pools cost money but so do other activities that might be needed for children. Ask someone knowledgeable what they pay for pool service and maintenance and you might be surprised at the cost

Pools require gates and safety measures but this can be done and so you are as safe with a backyard pool as you would be if you let your child swim someplace else. A gate and a child proof cover that can be walked on make it child proof.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 2:35 pm
I know people who bought a house with a pool and spent money filling it in. Having a pool is a responsibility and often it takes up yard space better used for something else.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 2:55 pm
amother Tan wrote:
I know people who bought a house with a pool and spent money filling it in. Having a pool is a responsibility and often it takes up yard space better used for something else.

A responsibility and a big expense. I have a pool, my kids are getting older and barely use it. It's a big headache.

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 3:00 pm
Between myself and DH we have 4 siblings that live in Jackson. Not a single one has a pool. Your kids will be far from the only ones without a pool.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 3:04 pm
amother Mintgreen wrote:
A responsibility and a big expense. I have a pool, my kids are getting older and barely use it. It's a big headache.

But what do your kids do on the long summer afternoons after camp and on Sundays?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 4:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
But what do your kids do on the long summer afternoons after camp and on Sundays?

The same things people do everywhere. Ride bikes, visit friends, ball games, play games...

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 4:23 pm
I disagree with most of you. I am a no-pool house on a block with mostly all pools and afternoons are quite lonely. Most of the people have family over for swimming. We are invited once in a while but not on a daily basis…

But I love my house and neighbors and I knew this going in. No regrets. We have family that has a pool so we tend to go there.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 4:58 pm
amother OP wrote:

My older kids are finished school and are working. My younger ones are boys and they aren't off for that long and one doesn't like swimming. My husband has off bein hazmanim and takes them on some trips. I actually don't live in Lakewood but do live somewhere where a lot of people have pools. I do know some that chose to fill their pools because of the risks involved.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 5:23 pm
amother Mintgreen wrote:
And if you live in Lakewood area you will probably want to rent out the pool to cover the expense, which is even more responsibility.

nachasmom

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 5:46 pm
If you don’t want a pool, that’s your prerogative. I personally would put in a pool as you don’t want to keep asking your neighbors. After a while they will come to resent it.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 7:38 pm
amother Mintgreen wrote:

You can rent it out on Swimply and make money off of it.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 8:07 pm
I understand both sides to this predicament. A pool is a responsibility and expense and another thing to clean and be on top of. But on the other hand I’m also on a block where most people have pools. Like a previous poster said afternoons are lonely when nobody is out and my kids feel bad. We can ask for use of others peoples pools and they’re very gracious! It’s not the same as having your own.

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 8:38 pm
amother Jade wrote:
You can rent it out on Swimply and make money off of it.

That’s a huge no no in Jackson!!!

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 9:18 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
That’s a huge no no in Jackson!!!

Why?

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 9:37 pm
amother Jade wrote:
Why?

Jackson gave huge fines and court hearings
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries