Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please post your apology here, an opportunity
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 2:39 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
Can you post links to what you mean?

Please reread, you missed to which specific point.

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 2:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
Please reread, you missed to which specific point.

I reread. I'm still confused. The people who believe in the vaccines still believe in the vaccines. They still quote science to back their beliefs. Same for those who don't believe in the covid vaccines.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 2:42 pm
Mamushka wrote:
I expect adults to be able to deal with 'insults' without waiting for apologies. It's childish. Peoplevoiced their opinion. Some in a nicer way than others. We choose how to read and understand things that were written here.

You don't get to insult people and then insinuate that they are immature when they hope for an apology. That's not called being an adult. That's called being a bully.

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 2:43 pm
Ok I think the OP should be appluaded for her sense of humor in starting this thread. Next please?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 2:45 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
I reread. I'm still confused. The people who believe in the vaccines still believe in the vaccines. The still quote science to back their beliefs.

Everyone now knows the vaccines do not stop you from catching covid. The vaccines also do not stop you from spreading it to others. Whether you are pro or anti, everyone finally is on one page with this.

A few people were brutal to this point. This thread is only for them.

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 2:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Everyone now knows the vaccines do not stop you from catching covid. The vaccines also do not stop you from spreading it to others. Whether you are pro or anti, everyone finally is on one page with this.

A few people were brutal to this point. This thread is only for them.

I asked for left leaning links that will convince those people that the vaccines do not help in lowering their chance or getting covid or spreading it to others. Because those people still brutally believe that it's their best form of protection.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 2:52 pm
You care too much what anonymous people online say and think.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 2:52 pm
Then I'll be the first

I apologize to some dear people in my life whom I called conspiracy theorists for not believing in the vaccine. Most of the conspiracy theories turned out to be true.

I apologize to those who I judged for not masking.

And I apologize profusely for not believing many who had adverse reactions to the covid vaccine.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 2:53 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
I asked for left leaning links that will convince those people that the vaccines do not help in lowering their chance or getting covid or spreading it to others. Because those people still brutally believe that it's their best form of protection.

Yeah, That's not going to happen (Flu anyone?). But everyone knows you still catch it and spread it. So we don't need an Ir Miklat for those who didn't take it.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 2:55 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Then I'll be the first

I apologize to some dear people in my life whom I called conspiracy theorists for not believing in the vaccine. Most of the conspiracy theories turned out to be true.

And I apologize profusely for not believing many who had adverse reactions to the covid vaccine.

I want to meet irl.

Thank you for acknowledging that the “conspiracy theorists” actually turned out to be correct.
Thank you for having the courage to speak the truth

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 2:57 pm
amother Clover wrote:
I got the vaccine, never got Covid, and as far as I can tell, I’m the same. So what’s the great confession I’m supposed to make here, again?

“As far as I can tell I’m the same”

Correct.

I’m so happy you’re feeling well, and I bless you with 120 years of health.
But you have no clue what potential damage you did to your body. Hopefully no damage. We just don’t know.

tweety1

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 2:57 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
It’s fascinating.

Could ONE person who got the Covid vaccine, please stand up, and say “I regret taking the vaccine.” ??

No, you can’t!

Because to admit that you took the vaccine for no reason, and got zero benefit, and very potentially harmed yourself, is too painful.

So instead, let’s keep bashing the anti Covid vaccine people, because in our heart of hearts we know they are right, but it’s too painful to admit the truth. We also hate being the losers.

I get it.

So we'll said.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 2:58 pm
Then I'll be the first

takes a big person
kol hakavod
an inspiration

amother
Red

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 2:59 pm
I did not take the vaccine nor did I think it should be taken. True I never took a strong stance on the matter. I simply did what I thought was right for ME.
I dont see a productive point to this thread and find it at best condescending. As if an adult was saying to a child " I am giving you chance to do teshuva"

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 3:02 pm
Then I'll be the first

Floored , there is no fainting emoji.

But I had a feeling someone would because some of those who said such things are quite upfront and to your face sort of people.

Wow. Kol Hakavod. You should have lots of brachos. I know your post will mean a lot to some people.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 3:03 pm
“As far as I can tell I’m the same”

Correct.

I’m so happy you’re feeling well, and I bless you with 120 years of health.
But you have no clue what potential damage you did to your body. Hopefully no damage. We just don’t know.

Not any different than people who had covid, how do you know they don't have damage to their body? Either way, we will have to wait and see for any long term effects. (Maybe then the apology expectations will be on the other foot?)

There definitely are pple currently suffering or recovering from long covid, though.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 3:03 pm
amother Jade wrote:
I got the vaccine, and I'm happy. Still haven't gotten covid, as far as I know. No side effects other than a slightly sore arm for maybe 24 hours. Had no issues with traveling to other countries as needed in the past year or worries about being allowed into places that required proof of vaccine. Totally worth it! I didn't lose out all, I only gained.

Totally worth it!

What did you gain? Being able to travel ? And get into a museum or restaurant bc you had proof of vaccine? Those are very very small inconsequential benefits compared to the unknown risk of the vaccine.

Everyone knows the vaccine doesn’t stop you from getting Covid so please don’t post that as a benefit

Can I ask you a question? Would you be willing to answer honestly?
If you knew everything you know about the vaccine now, and you were faced with the choice of yes vax or no vax, would you choose to take the vax now, with the knowledge you have now?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 3:04 pm
amother Red wrote:
I did not take the vaccine nor did I think it should be taken. True I never took a strong stance on the matter. I simply did what I thought was right for ME.
I dont see a productive point to this thread and find it at best condescending. As if an adult was saying to a child " I am giving you chance to do teshuva"

Its not that and Im sorry if construed that way.

Some people are really hurt by certain things. It really will mean a lot to them. It will do a lot of damage repairs.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 3:11 pm
Totally worth it!

What did you gain? Being able to travel ? And get into a museum or restaurant bc you had proof of vaccine? Those are very very small inconsequential benefits compared to the unknown risk of the vaccine.

Everyone knows the vaccine doesn’t stop you from getting Covid so please don’t post that as a benefit

Can I ask you a question? Would you be willing to answer honestly?
If you knew everything you know about the vaccine now, and you were faced with the choice of yes vax or no vax, would you choose to take the vax now, with the knowledge you have now?

Yes. I still would. I don't know what "knowledge" you are referring to. I don't click on conspiracy theory clickbait articles or videos from "doctors" who may have earned a PhD but not in the medical field or aren't currently practicing or who have $ interests in antivax movements like most of those "proofs" etc. And while unfortunately I know many people who lost loved ones to covid, thankfully I do not know a single person lost to the vaccine. No, there isn't any "knowledge" I have gained that wouldve changed my mind.

And I made the best decision for myself, I didn't yell or shame anyone else, so why in the world would I owe anyone an apology? Maybe some of the strident people who made fun of people wearing masks or social distancing owe those people an apology?

BTW did you read the mishpacha article about long covid from a week or so ago? Felt very bad for those people.

(And btw I needed to travel or I would have been completely alone on YT this past year. So kindly do not mock my need to travel. Would you want to have conducted a seder and spent pesach completely by yourself? I doubt it.)

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 3:13 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
You care too much what anonymous people online say and think.

That's a really dangerous attitude but it explains why people are so cavalier about humiliating and hurting anonymous people anonymously.

I'm not sure Hashem sees it that way.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics