Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Cheese cake

Tchukli

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 3:18 pm
bs"D

hi
I need a recipe for cheesecake - never made one, so please something simple -with simple ingredients, which means:
no rich, whipped cream or who knows what - I cant get these for thousands of miles around (not joking).
what can I get here? home made cream cheese (absolutely delicious and as dry or as moist as I want it), I have some baking chocolate (from my last trip to ny over a year ago) and we can get some graham crackers too.

yo'ma

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 3:23 pm
How do you make the c.c.? I can't get good c.c. here.

wanderer

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 4:48 pm
Ricotta cheese? Farmer's Cheese? Cottage Cheese? Can you get/make any of these?

Tchukli

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 5:00 pm
bs"D

the truth is we could get different cheeses but in small ammounts for ridiculous prices that have to ordered from abroad - then add shipping and forget about it.
how do we make cheese?
we get cholov yisroel pasteurized milk, boil it on a very low fire with the juice of one lemon for each litter (sp?). let it boil till you see the liquid become watery-yellow-greenish, seperated from the cheese, then you drain it in a towel - the longer you let it drain, the dryier it will be. if it becomes too dry, you can always add a little bit of milk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus