Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Has anyone downloaded the App from Raizy Fried?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:07 pm
I was wondering whether anyone has subscribed? Is it worth the money?

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:11 pm
I think there is a free 3 day trial

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:17 pm
I did it. Didn’t find it so interesting.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
I did it. Didn’t find it so interesting.

I’m assuming if u did the free trial u can see the same as anyone who subscribed.. if u didn’t find it interesting maybe it’s not for u..

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:44 pm
I'd love to subscribe, I really like her content. But the price is not worth it for me at this point.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:52 pm
So imho she’s charging for what most of us can watch for free on Instagram … ?

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 6:59 pm
amother Ivory wrote:

I didn't buy the app. But as I understand it, the app has longer interviews with women in different positions and professions. It has more content and more of a stream of entertainment, rather than waiting to see what/if she posts to her stories that day. If I had time to watch, I would subscribe.

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 7:04 pm
I didnt subscribe because I honestly dont have time to listen to people trying to create content for a living. I always wonder how people find the extra time for these things.
I think it may be geared to chassidish crowd where many are non working sahm and need some entertainment on their life

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 7:45 pm
I actually enjoy it. You can listen while you doing other things on your phone.
She gives you access to people and experiences you won’t have otherwise.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:13 pm
delete

amother
Clear

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:19 pm
Since she became an "influencer" I actually stopped her on Instagram too. Till she had recipes and showed how to set different tablesettings, I liked her. I think she totally changed, and as above quoted, I have more "tochen'diga" people to inspire me. (Like Chanie Juravel, YY Jacobson etc)

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:23 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
I actually enjoy it. You can listen while you doing other things on your phone.
She gives you access to people and experiences you won’t have otherwise.

Regarding the bolded, are these people not on instagram themselves? What kind of experiences does she provide on her expensive app and why cant we get it on instragram? And how is it catered to frum women after the internet asifa where frum women were told not to go on social media, why is this app considered kosher or more kosher than instragram?

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:26 pm
I'm not subscribed to her, but it's baffling that people here sound so annoyed that she found a way to make content/money for women who want it. It's not compulsory to sign up, but it's strange to feel like you need to knock her down. She's making a living. There's a free trial, and if you sign up and end up hating it, you can unsub and a you've lost is 9.99.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:27 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
I didnt subscribe because I honestly dont have time to listen to people trying to create content for a living. I always wonder how people find the extra time for these things.
I think it may be geared to chassidish crowd where many are non working sahm and need some entertainment on their life

It's 1/2 hour a week. Working women have an extra 1/2 an hour a week for something that interests them.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:29 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
I'm not subscribed to her, but it's baffling that people here sound so annoyed that she found a way to make content/money for women who want it. It's not compulsory to sign up, but it's strange to feel like you need to knock her down. She's making a living. There's a free trial, and if you sign up and end up hating it, you can unsub and a you've lost is 9.99.

There's a word for it,
אומפארגין.
It's rampant on imamother.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:31 pm
amother Ivory wrote:

The content on her app is exclusive to the app and you can't see it on Instagram. You can see that she put in real hard work to create interesting content. She got interviews with really interesting women with interesting stories.

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:31 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
There's a word for it,
אומפארגין.
It's rampant on imamother.

I don't speak Yiddish, but to me it looks like plain old jealousy with a dash of sinas Chinam.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:40 pm
amother Clear wrote:
Since she became an "influencer" I actually stopped her on Instagram too. Till she had recipes and showed how to set different tablesettings, I liked her. I think she totally changed, and as above quoted, I have more "tochen'diga" people to inspire me. (Like Chanie Juravel, YY Jacobson etc)

This. Instagram has provided many talented people with a way to monetize their skill. I follow many talented people ( makeup artists, cooks, female singers , stylists etc ) who have a. Skill that they share and yes I watch it for free but in return they can use their following to be sponsored etc
Raizy s skill is her cooking and food crafts , tacks setting etc. she had a good thing going and her cookbooks were a good extension of that. It all was pretty organic.
This new twist on her page make s all that disappear as she markets herself and her show. By all means everyone has a right to find a way to make money but it leaves me wondering what skill /talent is she using here? I feel Like she threw away what she was good at and traded it to be a talk show host - ( also presents it in a very superior tone which u find unnerving) and the promo video def doesn’t draw me by showing me I’m missing something… just my thoughts .

If ppl find it filling their entertainment need that’s great. I ll stick to the talented free content available on Instagram

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:41 pm
amother Cherry wrote:

First, we are allowed to ask questions about it, just like we ask questions about any other business (and yes, this is a business even if her name is part of the business). She is making money off of this so its no different than asking if a restaurant is good or if a clothing store has certain size clothings etc. No need to get upset about it.
Second, my understanding is that she just copied Malky Knopfler and may be taking business away from her. I wonder if Raizy asked a Rav if it was ok. And my question still stands on how this app is more kosher than any other social media platform given that frum women were told not to go on social media. I dont see why this cant be discussed just like anything else is discussed.
I wonder if you are really Raizy who is upset to see this thread so you are speaking out against it lol Wink

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 8:46 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
First, we are allowed to ask questions about it, just like we ask questions about any other business (and yes, this is a business even if her name is part of the business). She is making money off of this so its no different than asking if a restaurant is good or if a clothing store has certain size clothings etc. No need to get upset about it.
Second, my understanding is that she just copied Malky Knopler and may be taking business away from her. I wonder if Raizy asked a Rav if it was ok. And my question still stands on how this app is more kosher than any other social media platform given that frum women were told not to go on social media. I dont see why this cant be discussed just like anything else is discussed.
I wonder if you are really Raizy who is upset to see this thread so you are speaking out against it lol Hiding

I thought of this too but at least malky is using a talent that is hard to find and that’s what makes her show possible worth the money the same way I d pay to watch a concert online I d pay for a comedy show. .

And she def originated the idea .
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics