Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Her Majesty the Queen has Passed Away
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 3:23 pm
pause wrote:
I think the heartbreak over the loss of her husband is what did her in.

Oh totally! It was heartbreaking to see at the funeral of her husband.

4g01o

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 3:34 pm
Congresswoman wrote:
I’m waiting for the cause of death. (Besides for age)

I'm sure it's confidential.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 3:49 pm
Charles automatically became King on the death of his mother. He will be proclaimed King by the Privy Council tomorrow.

The State Funeral is expected to take place in two weeks time. In the interim there will be a period of lying in state, probably in Westminster Abbey, where the nation can come to pay their final respects. During that period she will be surrounded by a guard of honour, which may include her family at certain times.

The position of Duke of Cornwall passes automatically to the Heir Apparent, in this case Prince William. The position of Prince of Wales is normally given to the heir to the throne, but needs to be a special appointment by the monarch. This will not be done until after the coronation.

No one is talking about the coronation yet; it would be rather tasteless. It will probably be in some months time, and may be a year or more.

momsprince

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 3:49 pm
invisiblecircus wrote:
It really is! I thought she looked frail in the picture and we've been hearing about her having problems with mobility for a while, but this seems to have happened very suddenly.

She was very stoic.

I actually thought she looked very good in the pics. (For her age obviously). I'm very surprised she suddenly died.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 3:51 pm
The BBC has just said that Liz Truss, the new Prime Minister was informed of Her Majesty's death at 16:30.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 3:52 pm
momsprince wrote:
I actually thought she looked very good in the pics. (For her age obviously). I'm very surprised she suddenly died.

Best way to go!

imorethanamother

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 4:10 pm
Oh my gosh, get this; Prince Phillip has been in a vault all this time, waiting until the queen dies so he can get buried next to her.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 4:11 pm
Congresswoman wrote:
I’m waiting for the cause of death. (Besides for age)

I’m waiting for the time of her death.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 4:17 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
Oh my gosh, get this; Prince Phillip has been in a vault all this time, waiting until the queen dies so he can get buried next to her.

Someone else was going to be buried in the plot by mistake? (??)

keym

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 4:24 pm
imorethanamother wrote:

That's weirdly sweet in a very creepy way

zoom

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 4:29 pm
keym wrote:
That's weirdly sweet in a very creepy way

Yes, I heard that too.
Dont even know what it is...

DallasIma

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 4:32 pm
It really is the end of an era. She's the only British sovereign most of us remember.

Just as an aside - I was curious about how one frum news website would report the Queen's death; sure enough, they did not have a picture of her, only a picture of (I think) Buckingham Palace.

But anyway, it will be strange getting used to referring to King Charles. And I think it's lovely that the Queen will be buried next to her husband. I wish that all married couples could have marriages as happy and loving as theirs was.

sequoia

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 4:32 pm
I wonder if Charles III will also have his head cut off…

DallasIma

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 4:36 pm
sequoia wrote:
I wonder if Charles III will also have his head cut off…

You know - it's funny, that thought had crossed my mind too. One news outlet said he might choose a different name (I think his grandfather, King George, wasn't really named George, or it was one of his several middle names).

Elfrida

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 4:43 pm
Charles is Charles Phillip Albert George. When he was young there was a thought that King Charles might be a rather awkward title, given the history of the earlier King Charles I. The title of King George was considered as one he might adopt. Over many years of Prince Charles being heir apparent everyone got used to the title, and it was felt that having been Charles for seventy three years, he couldn't just turn into George.

DallasIma

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 4:49 pm
Charles Philip Arthur George. I guess William will be Crown Prince until he's formally invested as Prince of Wales. But I don't really know how that works. I grew up on fairy tales about princes and princesses and the topic of the monarchy has always fascinated me.

Debbie

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 5:05 pm
DallasIma wrote:
You know - it's funny, that thought had crossed my mind too. One news outlet said he might choose a different name (I think his grandfather, King George, wasn't really named George, or it was one of his several middle names).

I thought he might become King George VII.
His grandfather was Albert and was known as Bertie but chose the regnal name of George which the fourth of his four names!

imorethanamother

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 5:09 pm
Rabbi YY Jacobson often tells the story about the time someone (Margaret thatcher?) showed up to meet the queen in the same outfit. And she was mortified, and wrote an apology letter, and got the response saying something like, “Don’t worry, the queen never notices what the commoners wear.”

I always thought that was awesome.

zoom

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 5:12 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
Rabbi YY Jacobson often tells the story about the time someone (Margaret thatcher?) showed up to meet the queen in the same outfit. And she was mortified, and wrote an apology letter, and got the response saying something like, “Don’t worry, the queen never notices what the commoners wear.”

I always thought that was awesome.

I was so surprised when I first heard this story.
I looked it up and seems like tbey never got along from the beginning.

DallasIma

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 5:14 pm
Also, I was reading that the Queen's funeral will be in about 12 days. It's so interesting how different they are from us. We bury the deceased ASAP.
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics