Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Poll: What would u think if a child wears this for weekday?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Would you think its weird for a kid to wear this for weekday?
It's ok for weekday  
 30%  [ 25 ]
It's total shabbos  
 69%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 83

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 1:49 am
I would put that on my daughter at simchas

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 5:47 am
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I think it's a disservice to use it vochan. If stores sell it as shabbos with a price tag for Shabbos people spending original price will surely use it shabbos only to find out Ali buyers use it for vochan. You wanna wear a copy fine! At least make it seem you spent the money

The question is, is the one on Ali a copy or are the Jewish stores buying cheap Ali dresses and selling them for $140?

If it's the latter, it's the stores doing the disservice, noone else.

imaima

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 6:00 am
amother OP wrote:
This dress costs $140 in the store and the shirt costs over $90, so I'm assuming people will be wearing it for shabbos. However, if I can buy this dress for $30 and shirt for $20, I would rather use it for weekday. Question is if it's too dressed up for weekday?
Any thoughts from fashionistes, moms or preschool morahs?

I think it is an over-priced casual dress.
I give this dress $18.90 in H&M.

imaima

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 6:01 am
amother OP wrote:
My kid can't be in leggings and a t-shirt. She needs to be in dresses. (she's in school)
My question was if the dress is fine for weekday or only for shabbos

So children get punished for being overdressed?

imaima

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 6:04 am
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I think it's a disservice to use it vochan. If stores sell it as shabbos with a price tag for Shabbos people spending original price will surely use it shabbos only to find out Ali buyers use it for vochan. You wanna wear a copy fine! At least make it seem you spent the money

Not only can people not afford the 140 dollar dress but they should also stay in their lane!!! Whoa
What an attitude
It gets better by second

imaima

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 6:05 am
amother OP wrote:
ok. you definitely have a point...

What point is it? That poor people should not mess it up for rich people? It is definitely a point, but do we want to make it?

Last edited by imaima on Sun, Sep 11 2022, 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total

leilatov1

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 6:14 am
amother Snowflake wrote:
The question is, is the one on Ali a copy or are the Jewish stores buying cheap Ali dresses and selling them for $140?

I also wonder

watergirl

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 6:44 am
amother OP wrote:
This dress costs $140 in the store and the shirt costs over $90, so I'm assuming people will be wearing it for shabbos. However, if I can buy this dress for $30 and shirt for $20, I would rather use it for weekday. Question is if it's too dressed up for weekday?
Any thoughts from fashionistes, moms or preschool morahs?

I’ll answer the question as a former preschool morah and as a mom.

As the morah, we told the parents as a matter of policy not to send anything that can’t be ruined. If you are ok with it coming home stained, go for it. (Yes we use only washable materials but things happen!)

As a mom, I consider cordoroy to be weekday so for my kid, it would be weekday. But I have no opinion on how other moms dress their kids. Happy and comfortable kid is the goal here.

As a human, you do you! If you like it for weekday, dress your kid in it for weekday! If you like it for shabbos, do that.

Debbie

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 7:08 am
Honestly I think Shabbos clothes should depend on how nice they look and not on a price tag.
I think it's fine for Shabbos but not too fancy for weekdays either.
If I saw a little girl wearing that on a weekday what would I think?...I would think how pretty her dress is.

Last edited by Debbie on Sun, Sep 11 2022, 9:27 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 8:13 am
amother Snowflake wrote:

Ali copies certain companies. The expensive one is sold all over and is a real company. Ali posted the company’s picture so who knows what the copy actually looks like.

SYA

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 8:24 am
I think this looks like nice weekday. I can see kids wearing it to school.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 9:31 am
amother Topaz wrote:
Ali copies certain companies. The expensive one is sold all over and is a real company. Ali posted the company’s picture so who knows what the copy actually looks like.

I've ordered from them and the products looked just like the pictures. If it looks like the pictures, would it be ok for weekday- that's the question

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 9:58 am
SYA wrote:
I think this looks like nice weekday. I can see kids wearing it to school.

Thanks. anyone else think it's ok? or totally weird for weekday

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 10:01 am
I don't understand why you would buy a knockoff designer dress and then use it for play clothes because you have no other use for it. If you buy the knockoff because you love it and you want your kid to look super trendy, that makes sense to me. But to buy it just because it's there and it's cheap, why not buy any cute dress from the stores?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 10:04 am
amother Teal wrote:
I don't understand why you would buy a knockoff designer dress and then use it for play clothes because you have no other use for it. If you buy the knockoff because you love it and you want your kid to look super trendy, that makes sense to me. But to buy it just because it's there and it's cheap, why not buy any cute dress from the stores?

I want to buy it because I LIKE IT! I want to use it for weekday because my kids have enough shabbos clothes already and It's cheap, so I don't care to use it for weekday, I just don't want it to look odd. To me the corduroy looked weekday, but if her classmates will all be wearing it for shabbos because of the price tag, then I won't do it...

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 10:15 am
I know this is not the point of this thread but imagine if you created a clothing company and worked really hard on designing clothing. And then someone on Ali copies your designs down to the last detail and sells it at a fifth of the price. It’s not right.

If you couldn’t afford nice Shabbos clothing for your kids and you want them to fit in then I would be less judgemental about you buying copies. But to buy a 30$ copy just because you like it when you could easily get a really cute 20$ Zara weekday dress is not okay.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 10:30 am
amother Bone wrote:
I know this is not the point of this thread but imagine if you created a clothing company and worked really hard on designing clothing. And then someone on Ali copies your designs down to the last detail and sells it at a fifth of the price. It’s not right.

If you couldn’t afford nice Shabbos clothing for your kids and you want them to fit in then I would be less judgemental about you buying copies. But to buy a 30$ copy just because you like it when you could easily get a really cute 20$ Zara weekday dress is not okay.

no, it's not the point of the thread. I didn't find any dresses on zara for $20 that I liked as much. question was if people like it for weekday

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 10:38 am
amother Bone wrote:

btw. If you found cute weekday dresses for $20 matching to baby tops on zara or the like, you're welcome to create a spinoff and link it here. I wouldn't mind looking at it. maybe I would buy it. but I also want answers to my question, as I might want this too.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:34 pm
leilatov1 wrote:
I also wonder

It's probably some stores with the original and some from ali imo.

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:37 pm
Just because someone gives a $140 price tag to a dress they sell, doesn't turn it into designerwear.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics