Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Are you going to the queens funeral?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

4g01o

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 12:40 pm
My husband just told me that the federation have said that we can watch the funeral, just not the church service. It's a shame because I want to see it all but I'll try to abide by that psak iyH.

Ruchi

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 12:41 pm
Fab4 wrote:
My husband just told me that the federation have said that we can watch the funeral, just not the church service. It's a shame because I want to see it all but I'll try to abide by that psak iyH.

Rav Zimmerman is the Rav of the Federation

invisiblecircus

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 4:27 pm
zoom wrote:
In a way, Id rather go to the queens lying in state if we were allowed to...

Would love to step into the grand cathedral and pay my respects.

The lying in state is at Westminster Hall, not a cathedral.

I'm British but don't currently live in the UK. I will watch the funeral on TV and probably wouldn't go even if I still lived in London because you can see everything so much better on TV and from the comfort of your own home.

I might have gone to the lying in state if I was in the UK.

4g01o

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 4:34 pm
Ruchi wrote:
Rav Zimmerman is the Rav of the Federation

Yes, I didn't know that before...

zoom

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 5:01 pm
I have a friend who has works in a playgroup.

They are not closing the whole day at all.

None of the parents are key workers or work for the nhs.

My friend doesnt want to go but she doesnt want to lose out on pay. I dont know how that works...but Im so annoyed that frum people can do this.

4g01o

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 5:05 pm
zoom wrote:
I have a friend who has works in a playgroup.

They are not closing the whole day at all.

None of the parents are key workers or work for the nhs.

My friend doesnt want to go but she doesnt want to lose out on pay. I dont know how that works...but Im so annoyed that frum people can do this.

Unfortunately some people don't care. They just want to make money, and the parents of the little kids want peace, and to use the day to cook for Yom Tov. It's a Chillul Hashem in my opinion.

zoom

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 5:10 pm
Id love to use the day to cook.

Haha, my husband said if my baby would have playgroup we shouldnt send.

I am sure all those parents will send...
Its sad.

4g01o

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 5:13 pm
zoom wrote:
Id love to use the day to cook.

Haha, my husband said if my baby would have playgroup we shouldnt send.

I am sure all those parents will send...
Its sad.

I plan to cook, as well as watch the funeral that day. Its not like we can go out on a trip so I'm sure the kids will be bored for one day.
Too bad. At least my dh will be home from work as well.

zoom

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 5:15 pm
Fab4 wrote:
I plan to cook, as well as watch the funeral that day. Its not like we can go out on a trip so I'm sure the kids will be bored for one day.
Too bad. At least my dh will be home from work as well.

Dont think I can cook with my kids around!

All I know, is tommorow I gotta make sure I have everything if everywhere is closed!.
I want to get my kids some crafts and things to keep them busy.

4g01o

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 5:24 pm
zoom wrote:

All I know, is tommorow I gotta make sure I have everything if everywhere is closed!.

Yes me too!
BH my dh is very capable of looking after the kids whilst I cook. As long as I have the ingredients in the house it should be fine hopefully 😅

s1

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 5:43 pm
zoom wrote:

Twinkl have some downloadable colouring pics of the Queen etc if you’re feeling really patriotic

nechami1

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 8:14 pm
For those Imamothers who say they dont see what all the fuss is about, looking back, my mother was extremely patriotic, and always felt a deep sense of Hakoras Hatoiv to the Royal family for allowing her mother into the country on the Kindertransport all those years ago as refugees, and I feel that a certain respect should be given to a monarch who reigned for so long and who put her country first all her life.

We lived with the Queen all our lives, she was a Malka shel Chesed, whether she had any political power or not. We have to remember that it was only centuries ago when Yidden were expelled from England by the Heads of State at that time.

And yes here in Manchester UK most local shops are closing for the duration of the funeral.

Ruchi

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 9:38 pm
Satmar School in Stamford Hill is open as usual on Monday. They have told the girls to come in half an hour earlier. Sorry, but non Jews will also then be on the streets then.
I shudder to think of the massive Chilul Hashem.
I am only aware of ONE local Yiddishe shop that will be closed on Stamford Hill for the duration of the funeral and that is Accessory World. Kol Hakavod to them!

mommyisbest

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 9:45 pm
My rov spoke on shabbos and said it was a mitzvah to attend if one is nearby, in order to see the difference between a non-Jewish king and mashiach, based on a gemara somewhere... (Im in Lakewood, so Im not nearby)

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 10:46 pm
sequoia wrote:
Yes. Well. We forgot Bush Senior.

Right! I knew there was a more recent one.

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 10:48 pm
Ruchi wrote:
Satmar School in Stamford Hill is open as usual on Monday. They have told the girls to come in half an hour earlier. Sorry, but non Jews will also then be on the streets then.
I shudder to think of the massive Chilul Hashem.
I am only aware of ONE local Yiddishe shop that will be closed on Stamford Hill for the duration of the funeral and that is Accessory World. Kol Hakavod to them!

The schools will probably start early. I heard that word in one city is, no children are to play outside. So if the kids are in school they will be neither seen nor heard and hopefully there'll be no fallout.

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 10:49 pm
mommyisbest wrote:
My rov spoke on shabbos and said it was a mitzvah to attend if one is nearby, in order to see the difference between a non-Jewish king and mashiach, based on a gemara somewhere... (Im in Lakewood, so Im not nearby)

I heard an educator say that she watches the coronation before RH to get in the spirit of malchus. But with the sound off because of all the religious stuff.

Ruchi

Post Sat, Sep 17 2022, 11:09 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
The schools will probably start early. I heard that word in one city is, no children are to play outside. So if the kids are in school they will be neither seen nor heard and hopefully there'll be no fallout.

Seeing all the children going to school and returning from school is bad enough. Also, The neighbors from the back (residential area) will be able to see there is school as usual (no blinds in the classrooms)

boysrus

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 12:45 am
Ruchi wrote:
The Chief Rabbi is a controversial figure. He has had the Posek Harav Sternbuch Shlit"a send him a strong letter of condemnation for something he had given a green light for.
The Chief Rabbi is not mainstream ultra orthodox.

sorry but that's complete rubbish. He is mainstream ultra orthodox> he is not controversial. The only people who say that are usually chassidim.... are you chassidish Ruchi?
I hate to argue because I am so not an argumentative person, but I cant leave this unsaid.
Be well and may you be blessed with a healthy and happy year.

Ruchi

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 12:59 am
boysrus wrote:
sorry but that's complete rubbish. He is mainstream ultra orthodox> he is not controversial. The only people who say that are usually chassidim.... are you chassidish Ruchi?
I hate to argue because I am so not an argumentative person, but I cant leave this unsaid.
Be well and may you be blessed with a healthy and happy year.

Rav Sternbuch is not chasidish by any stretch of the imagination..
The Chief Rabbi is not considered your average heimishe Rabbi. He doesn’t compare to Dayan A D Dunner or other regular heimishe non chasidishe Rabonim.
Those Rabonim would never ever enter Westminster Abbey or have Theresa May stand in a beis Knesset right by the Aron hakodesh to speak to a male audience (the women were in the gallery)
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics