Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
Residue left on formula bottles

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 3:07 am
I noticed residue on the silicone tip of my child's formula bottle that doesn't come off unless I really scrub it with a sfug peleh spong (israel). I've also noticed it on a silicone bottle when dairy is left sitting in it. does anyone know of an easier way to get it off?
thanks!

amother
Peachpuff

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 6:55 am
Try using kosher salt, the coarse kind. Pour some salt into the bottle, add a small drop of water just to make the salt wet and shake away. I would rub the tops well to get all the residue. Wash with soap and water well to make sure you get all the salt out. It only works with coarse kosher salt.

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 7:27 am
I rinse the bottles well, then fill with soapy water, close them and lay them on their side for a few hours. When I wash them clean there’s no residue.

Rappel

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 7:34 am
There's a mini sponge that's sold with a lot of bottle brushes that's good for the tips.

You can soak them for a few hours like Seagreen. Hot water also really helps.

When I use the same bottles for a long time, I periodically spray bleach on/in the bottles to clean off general ick and residue. The milky stuff melts right off. And then wash them really, really well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding