Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Afula - New Anglo Community
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 4:25 am
amother NeonBlue wrote:
I am a mother that sends to the schools. I had the opportunity to stop by one of our schools today, and it is a beautiful, small school where all the children are getting tons of attention, learning at a great level from bilingual teachers. I know first hand that the leadership of the schools haven't slept in several weeks, working out all the challenges of this new beginning. It should be a merit for them before Rosh Hashanah.

Please stop the maligning of our community online. We are real people, and it is hurtful. I also believe mentioning communities and people by names is against the rules of this site.

For our privacy (remember we are real people), I ask again that specific questions about how much rent we pay, and about the ages of our children in the schools, be addressed directly to us through the website. Thank you and have a great day!

You could give some general information around how many kids are per grade. We have a boys, girls, and Gan set up. This many kids are in the Gan. Rent is around 2000-2500 shekels.

Chinuch atzmai, the tuition is around x amount.

Also no one would say if the schools were set up or not even in this thread originally. It was like a secret. Someone commented earlier she last heard they weren't set up yet and would be starting in a few weeks.

When did the schools start?

There's still a big general vibe that we shouldn't talk about how the community is doing and whats going on. Someone simply asked how does a school start with 24 families, and if the rentals are truly through the leadership and those aren't personal questions at all. But yet they were told it's inappropriate to ask and to contact the leadership.

I've never seen a frum community keep referring to a "leadership". I mean for halacha and hadracha to a Rav. But what is it that the most basic questions need to be answered by a "leadership". Can anyone join this leadership? How many people are in it? Are their names public? Do others have a say in how things are run or is it up to the leadership?

And if it's as bad as kiwi said, which I fully believe her than this should be public information. I know firsthand what it's like to be lied to/mislead about a community, that's what happened when my family moved to a community up north when I was 14.

We moved down to the Jerusalem area six months later.

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 6:04 am
amother NeonBlue wrote:
I am a mother that sends to the schools. I had the opportunity to stop by one of our schools today, and it is a beautiful, small school where all the children are getting tons of attention, learning at a great level from bilingual teachers. I know first hand that the leadership of the schools haven't slept in several weeks, working out all the challenges of this new beginning. It should be a merit for them before Rosh Hashanah.

Please stop the maligning of our community online. We are real people, and it is hurtful. I also believe mentioning communities and people by names is against the rules of this site.

For our privacy (remember we are real people), I ask again that specific questions about how much rent we pay, and about the ages of our children in the schools, be addressed directly to us through the website. Thank you and have a great day!

Your chutzpah and disregard for the OTHER real people who were hurt badly is appalling, I have to say.

You know the true state of the community and the schools vs. what was promised. You know the lies that formed the foundation of your little utopia. I would tread lightly if I were you. More people know the truth than you think, and you can't silence them forever.

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 6:34 am
I asked what the website was before. Nobody answered. I found it. I have a question. There doesnt seem to be any immersion into israeli society, is that correct? Everyone living in 2 or 3 buildings together and school is all together and not with the rest of afula kids.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 6:38 am
I’m also in Baltimore. A lot of families from here moved to this kehillah. I have two friends and one acquaintance who moved there who had jobs “in the school” there. Their pre-aliyah sales of all the housewares they could not bring ALL requested the money go to their personal link to a crowdfunding site for the community, specifically to their own school. Since their aliyah, all have gone silent. My friends ghosted us in Baltimore. If there is no school, where are they working? Where are the kids for school?

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 6:49 am
LovesHashem wrote:
You could give some general information around how many kids are per grade. We have a boys, girls, and Gan set up. This many kids are in the Gan. Rent is around 2000-2500 shekels.

Chinuch atzmai, the tuition is around x amount.

Also no one would say if the schools were set up or not even in this thread originally. It was like a secret. Someone commented earlier she last heard they weren't set up yet and would be starting in a few weeks.

When did the schools start?

There's still a big general vibe that we shouldn't talk about how the community is doing and whats going on. Someone simply asked how does a school start with 24 families, and if the rentals are truly through the leadership and those aren't personal questions at all. But yet they were told it's inappropriate to ask and to contact the leadership.

I've never seen a frum community keep referring to a "leadership". I mean for halacha and hadracha to a Rav. But what is it that the most basic questions need to be answered by a "leadership". Can anyone join this leadership? How many people are in it? Are their names public? Do others have a say in how things are run or is it up to the leadership?

And if it's as bad as kiwi said, which I fully believe her than this should be public information. I know firsthand what it's like to be lied to/mislead about a community, that's what happened when my family moved to a community up north when I was 14.

We moved down to the Jerusalem area six months later.

My guess is some kind of contract or nondisclosure agreement or whatever was required to be signed by every person who joined the community and that’s why nobody is able to give clear answers here, and that’s why everybody is telling people to ask these questions only through the official website. It’s because they’re not allowed to talk. But instead of being transparent, everybody is being gaslit they been told that asking these questions are inappropriate and people deserve their privacy. These questions are asked on this website every single day about every other community of the world and nobody else has a problem with the ask or the answer. It seems clear to me that the reason people are not talking is because they’re not allowed to.

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:04 am
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
My guess is some kind of contract or nondisclosure agreement or whatever was required to be signed by every person who joined the community and that’s why nobody is able to give clear answers here, and that’s why everybody is telling people to ask these questions only through the official website. It’s because they’re not allowed to talk. But instead of being transparent, everybody is being gaslit they been told that asking these questions are inappropriate and people deserve their privacy. These questions are asked on this website every single day about every other community of the world and nobody else has a problem with the ask or the answer. It seems clear to me that the reason people are not talking is because they’re not allowed to.

Not sure it's a signed document. This leadership seems to have a pull over people. Maybe they're told not to talk and maybe they're own "leadership" in gaslighting them too.

I'm not even sure they're allowed to talk between themselves.

Reality

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:20 am
amother Valerian wrote:
Not sure it's a signed document. This leadership seems to have a pull over people. Maybe they're told not to talk and maybe they're own "leadership" in gaslighting them too.

Don't you think that's a bit over the top? You are posting about what you don't know. I have no personal knowledge about this group either so that's why I haven't posted until now. I try not to comment on what I don't know. Your last post makes this group sound like the next lev tahor.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:22 am
Wow this whole thing sounds so so sketchy.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:25 am
This whole Afula Housing is scaring me. We thought very seriously about moving there because of the prices. I read somewhere that the children are being schooled in Kfar Gidon which is a 15 minute ride from Afula. I understand that to build a Kehilla, schooling, shuls, it takes time. This is not something that happens overnight. When I saw the video (of the Rabbi, and all about the Kehilla they wanted to build) I was sure it would be another 5 years at least.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:27 am
Wow, okay, this thread took quite a turn.
I'm sure you're all aware that we're in Israel, it was night, and at some point we had to go take care of our families and go to sleep.
I saw that people had posted new responses, and fully intended to come back online at some point today to address them all at once, rather than reply disjointedly to everyone individually.
But a reminder, as NeonBlue said, we are REAL PEOPLE! Any discussions about our community, especially for everyone to see on a public forum like this, (good or bad) directly impacts our lives. So please tread carefully. Yes, everyone has the right to inquire about or be wary of whatever they so choose, but when random information or speculations are thrown out there, you are directly impacting real people’s lives. We invested time, energy, and yes, money too (aliyah is expensive) to try and make this work out.
As for kiwi13, I am genuinely sorry for any hurt you may have experienced. I truly am. I don’t know the specifics of your situation, I can say that there are a few things in your longer post that are simply not true. Absolutely no one called you unhinged. The posts that were made after you left were one to clarify any confusion that may have set in from things that had changed, or situations people may have been unaware of, and a short little chizuk vort about aliyah in general. I don’t know where you think you were being discussed or bashed, but no such discussions took place. The contracts we signed were for our apartment, and to pay back a loan. Said loan was from a well known and generous individual from Baltimore that went towards an advance on several months rent to secure our apartments. No weird contracts, no fraudulent funds.
I’m happy to take the time to answer all sincere questions. If you feel that things weren’t being responded to it’s because it was obvious that a frequent poster here had a bad experience and that perhaps some thought engaging wouldn’t be helpful. I see that was potentially a mistake.

I can’t believe I have to say this but we’re not a cult! We see and talk to each other all the time. We discuss things amongst ourselves, and definitely discuss any and all community related things that come up. We also work, care for our families, run errands, and many of us are still figuring out setting up our homes, or navigating various aspects of aliyah. If someone from your hometown doesn’t talk to you often anymore, be DLKZ. We are all busy setting up our lives in a new country with a 7-10 hour time difference. I have also for sure seen other families continue posting on Facebook and putting up whatsapp statuses. There is no non-disclosure agreement, manipulation or gaslighting. We run our own lives, and the rav is only as involved as we each, individuals, want him to be. I mostly only see him on Shabbos at the women's shiur, if I pass him outside, or if I have a shaila.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:29 am
I don't really get it - if someone wants to live in Afula, they can just rent an apartment, no? Or is the group heavily subsidised? I'm sure many of the Americans will be very friendly and you can attend shul as well

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:32 am
amother Valerian wrote:

BINGO.

I'm so tempted to out everything I know, but I hope this thread (which has thankfully stuck around long enough for people to see) is enough of a warning.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:35 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:
I don't really get it - if someone wants to live in Afula, they can just rent an apartment, no? Or is the group heavily subsidised? I'm sure many of the Americans will be very friendly and you can attend shul as well

We are a specific group that came together as a kehilla. There are plenty of English speakers in Afula, the city, spread out mostly between the areas Afula Illit and Givat Hamoreh. They're all lovely people, from all different backgrounds and English speaking countries. we had a whole get-together recently sponsored by a lovely woman named Shira as an aliyas neshama for her father. Rabbi Baruch Harris spoke, and the women had a chance to meet, shmooze and neteork. We're hoping to have more such get-togethers.
Yes, *gasp*! We speak to people not in our community!

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:37 am
Amother Ginger - you've said enough by now that I'm 95% sure I know who you are. If so, you caused such tremendous tzar to my family - aren't we REAL PEOPLE too?

To be dan l'kaf zechus, maybe you believe it's for the greater good of the community, of klal Yisrael, or whatever else is still being pushed. But you should know, in case you don't, the ends don't justify the means. I hope one day you wake up.

SG18

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:38 am
What's the website?

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:41 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
Amother Ginger - you've said enough by now that I'm 95% sure I know who you are. If so, you caused such tremendous tzar to my family - aren't we REAL PEOPLE too?

To be dan l'kaf zechus, maybe you believe it's for the greater good of the community, of klal Yisrael, or whatever else is still being pushed. But you should know, in case you don't, the ends don't justify the means. I hope one day you wake up.

I know 100% who you are. You and I have had no direct contact, and I have made no decisions that have impacted you directly. I do not think you actually know who I am.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:42 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:

Yes there was an existing Anglo chareidi community beforehand. I've been to afula. Even ten years ago there was some anglos

The whole idea they have is to move as a kehillah and have a community supporting the aliyah. And they wanted to make sure it would be a certain hashkafic type so not everyone could join.

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:43 am
amother DarkGreen wrote:
This whole Afula Housing is scaring me. We thought very seriously about moving there because of the prices. I read somewhere that the children are being schooled in Kfar Gidon which is a 15 minute ride from Afula. I understand that to build a Kehilla, schooling, shuls, it takes time. This is not something that happens overnight. When I saw the video (of the Rabbi, and all about the Kehilla they wanted to build) I was sure it would be another 5 years at least.
This. I was also wondering about that. I remember when we loked at a certain community in the south many years ago. We were told that they were just starting to build homes now and that the people moving in would be in about 5 - 6 years. We ended up not going as we needed to find a place to live then, but thats the normal time frame for home building. This was so fast.

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:45 am
double post

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 7:46 am
SG18 wrote:
What's the website?
Im assuming its this:
https://www.operationhomeagain.....unity

and I just found this when looking again: https://kceafula.org/
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions