Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Amazon return without box

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:12 pm
Has anyone sent a return to Amazon without the original box it came in and gotten a refund? I bought a blender and took it out of the box to toivel. I threw out the box. Before I got to toiveling it I saw a better one on sale and bought that instead. I’m afraid I won’t get my refund if I send it without the box. Anyone have experience with this?

Juicy

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:15 pm
I returned an open item without a box, per their guidance. I told the rep I don't have the box and they told me to put in any box and return. Got full refund.
I also had an open fan, used but didn't like. They took that back as well for full refund.

Moonlight

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:15 pm
Well, what are they supposed to do w it without the box? They can't resell it to another customer now, can they. And it wasn't their fault, u just changed your mind, there was nothing wrong w it

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:17 pm
A few things -first like moonlight said you are causing a loss. A lot of items on Amazon are sold by third party sellers and many of the sellers are frum. If you return now in this condition it can’t be resold and you are taking money from their pockets

But Amazon has an option to chat with customer service and you can find out that way if they would even accept the return.

Moonlight

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:19 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
A few things -first like moonlight said you are causing a loss. A lot of items on Amazon are sold by third party sellers and many of the sellers are frum. If you return now in this condition it can’t be resold and you are taking money from their pockets

But Amazon has an option to chat with customer service and you can find out that way if they would even accept the return.

They probably would. When they get it back, they throw it out. You are still causing them a loss for nothing. Why don't u try to resell it instead?

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:31 pm
Call customer service and find out your options.

Actually even if you return an appliance in the box they can't sell it as new - many places have restocking charges for this reason and will sell "open box" appliances for a discount. I bought an Apple computer once for 15% off because it had been returned - it still had all the original packaging but because the box wasn't factory sealed Apple couldn't sell it as new.

There are actually stores that sell returned merchandise at huge discounts. You can visit them and buy the stuff. It is an interesting business model.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:58 pm
I throw out amazon boxes all the time. I usually return things in Amazon envelopes etc. I am not going go store amazon boxes for 3 weeks until I decide if I am keeping or returning an item

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:04 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
I throw out amazon boxes all the time. I usually return things in Amazon envelopes etc. I am not going go store amazon boxes for 3 weeks until I decide if I am keeping or returning an item

This is not the shipping box. It is the box the appliance came in and it is impossible to sell without that box

daisy

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:22 pm
Amazon resells lots of stuff without original boxes through Amazon Warehouse. It states the item is repackaged. Regarding 3rd party sellers, the return process is usually a little different and you have to contact them.

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:50 pm
3rd party sellers that have Amazon fulfill the orders, have to go with Amazon Return policy. (That’s probably most items you buy on Amazon) Which is not great for sellers. I work for An Amazon seller and he leases a warehouse just for storing returns until they get processed. They get processed by a 3rd part company that inspects each item and AFAIK resells what’s in good condition for cheap. I don’t think he can sell the returns again on Amazon.

SG18

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 12:26 am
See if the 3rd party stores you can return to (ours was Kohls, in our old neighborhood) needs you to have the box. For the product itself, it seems likely. But they never wanted the Amazon box back in my experience.

singleagain

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 8:24 am
I once returned two fully built chairs to Amazon via Kohl's.

First check your return options. If it's something like Kohl's, or whole food's, you do not have to have the packaging at all.

They know this is the way returns work. There's no issue with that.

Moonlight

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 9:46 am
SG18 wrote:
See if the 3rd party stores you can return to (ours was Kohls, in our old neighborhood) needs you to have the box. For the product itself, it seems likely. But they never wanted the Amazon box back in my experience.

She isn't talking about the Amazon box
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics