Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler swollen eyes

Akeres Habayis

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 2:44 am
my dd 17months woke up this morning w/both eyelids swollen.the inside of her eyes are still white,no pink.she doesnt seem to scratch them,and behaves as usual.she even got her bag to go to gan today!which of course I didnt let her.I'm waiting for the doctor to call me back to see if I should take her to clinic.I guess I want suggestions and reassurance of what it could be.I hate the unknown!!

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 6:12 am
allergies? dehydration? those are my 2 guesses.

Akeres Habayis

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 6:38 am
I thought allergies.dehydration shock shock shock
I nurse her and give her water to drink even out of the tub faucet when she takes a bath embarrassed
she has an appt this afternoon,I will post what they say,since there are a few "views"for this thread Wink

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 8:40 am
I just remember being really dehydrated once and my eyes were so swollen. I doubt dd is highly dehydrated.

Allergies seem the only thing to make sense. she should feel better soon. I'd be interested in what the dr. says too.

LisaS

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 9:07 am
My 2 year old son woke up with the same thing this morning!!! Only one eye though.

I figured it was just a mosquito bite and gave him some bendryl. I didn't send him to gan today cause he also has stomach virus symptoms in the early morning.

I will be interested to hear what the dr says.

Akeres Habayis

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 11:54 am
my appt was for 4:20pm and I had to wait(those in israel know what I mean by that!)
he said it was a bacterial congjivitis,so she needed to take the antibiotics,asap.
she has to take it for 2x aday for 7days he wants me to bring her in again in the early afternoon after the next dosage to see how she is doing.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 11:56 am
ah....bummer...wash your hands and keep her away from from other kids. That's mucho contagious until the antibiotics kick in.

Love My Babes

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 12:26 pm
oy. I dont like that answer. a couple days ago my dd woke up like that too. but she has a bad cold so I thought its just that. do u think she needs the dr?

LisaS

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 1:53 pm
Thanks for the free medical advice. I guess it makes sense if both our kids woke up with the same thing that it is going around and not a fluke mosquito bite.

Now I wonder if I can use the same antibiotics we used for his last conjunctivitis (2 weeks ago!) but that one his eyes were draining rather than puffy. Any doctors here?

Akeres Habayis

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 2:12 pm
I thought bc of her bad cold also lovemybaby,and I was going to wait a day to see if it would go away,but bc she had to look up to see out of her eyes,bothered me.
I spoke w/the gannette today,I think she will be ready to go back on sunday.
a wise friend of mine told me,bc dd just started going to gan is isn't use to that level of germs(w/other toddlers,different home etc)she has only been w/me.sh e loves to hug so she probably hugged every kid in gan!
I HATE WHEN THE KIDS HAVE SOMETHING WRONG W/THEM,I feel so helpless!! Crying

Ima2

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 10:47 pm
OMG, my dd just had this this past friday and shabbos!!! I wonder what's going around--but I live in GA, so it's not just in E"Y!! She woke up with a slightly puffy eyelid friday morning. By the end of the day when I picked her up, it had gotten worse. I called her dr who said that they don't have anymore appt's for today and wanted to schedule me in for monday--could you believe that!! I was so angry at them! My child is sick and I have to wait until monday??!

Anyways, there's a frum ped in my community who takes pt's in his house from the community if they need it, so I went to him and he wasn't sure if it was bacterial or an allergic reaction to something. He prescribed antibiotics and also benedryl. B"H, the benedryl did the trick! At this point now, it's almost all gone. But how strange that the same symptom is going around Israel AND USA!!!

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 1:07 am
Akeres, how are her eyes now?

No offense, but she still has it, I'm going to postpone coming to you tomorrow...

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 1:59 am
my dd had this when she was two, and it was a very agressive case of conjunctivitis. She even had to have intravenous antibiotics, it was so bad, she could barely open her eye.. Whenever I see anyone whose kid has a swollen eyelid I tell them to see a doctor and not to "wait and see".

Akeres Habayis

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 5:34 pm
sorry for not posting!!!
BH her eyes are BH back to normal the doctor gave me a note to take to gan on sunday,that she is not contagious!!
BH BH.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics