Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Any ideas for a roast potato recipe that reheats well?

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 10:29 am
Something very simple- nothing spicy
Just don’t want the potatoes to be dried out if I want to reheat.
Would like to make this on Sunday and serve on Monday and Tuesday as a side
I think I need baking instructions more than a recipe but a tried and true recipe is definitely appreciated

BH5

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 10:53 am
We usually cube the potatoes in advance and leave in water. On yt I add oil and onion powder and bake 1 hr covered on 350 and then uncover for 1 hour.

mamaleh

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 11:18 am
If you have the baby potatoes, I roast those in a covered pan with some garlic cloves olive oil and salt. They reheat well.

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 2:29 pm
BH5 wrote:
We usually cube the potatoes in advance and leave in water. On yt I add oil and onion powder and bake 1 hr covered on 350 and then uncover for 1 hour.

You leave oven on 350 over yt?

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 2:31 pm
mamaleh wrote:
If you have the baby potatoes, I roast those in a covered pan with some garlic cloves olive oil and salt. They reheat well.

I’m not sure my family would like the peel on the potatoes… did you ever try with cubed regular potatoes?

Living Princess

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 2:53 pm
Scalloped potatoes reheat better
Alternate layers of thinly slices onions and thinly sliced potatoes. Sprinkle oil and spices between layers. You can also sprinkle corn flake crumbs on top. Bake covered for like 45 min.

mamaleh

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 3:32 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
I’m not sure my family would like the peel on the potatoes… did you ever try with cubed regular potatoes?

No, sorry! But the peels on the baby (red & golden) potatoes are really thin and even my dh, who hates peels on anything, has started eating them.

Rugelech

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 5:31 pm
Here is a dish where the potatoes can be easily re-heated in oven.

I put baby potatoes with the skin on (it works fine and tastes delicious even with skin on) in a pot. I put cold water in the pot and fill the pot till the potatoes are mostly covered stopping before the very top of the potatoes. I put the heat on till the water boils then I lower the flame to simmer for about 20 minutes.
When the 20 minutes is up I strain the water and put the potatoes to the side.
In a separate bowl I put about 6/7 tablespoons of mayonnaise and onion powder seasoning. I mix them together (if you want a strong taste, you could put more onion powder with the mayonnaise.)

Now put the potatoes (still with skin on) in the mixture one at a time and then put the potatoes in a lined foil container in the oven on 180 degrees, gas mark 4 or 350 depending on your oven. Leave them in the oven for about half an hour. That's it.

Enjoy.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 5:39 pm
Roasted potatoes become dry if not eaten fresh. Make something on the stovetop without browning the potatoes. Like a hash or my favorite is mini whole baby red potatoes with tons of sautéed onions and parsley. Reheats very well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes