Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Serving dairy next to a meat pot

RW

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 7:27 am
This might be a silly question......however, I need some advice.
We decided that we are going to have dairy over yuntif. However, I plan on putting up a fresh pot of chicken soup for second night dinner in the morning. The pot of soup will be on the burner right next to the blech, which is where the milchigs food will be heating up (the blech goes on top of the other burner on the stove top). My husband says that it's totally fine but I'm starting to get nervous about serving dairy food right next to a meat pot. My husband says that there isn't an issue but it's making me a little nervous. Not even sure what my question is.....I guess I'm just worried about milchigs splattering on the fleishigs pot. Any advice?
Edited to add that the pot of soup will be covered. My concern is anything splattering on the outside of the pot.

SG18

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 8:19 am
As long as it isn't in the food, it's fine

RW

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 8:26 am
SG18 wrote:
As long as it isn't in the food, it's fine

Thank you for your response! That's pretty much what my husband said. I need to learn to trust him more šŸ˜‚

teachkids

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 8:27 am
The most glaring issue I see here is you can't cook on first day for second day

RW

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 8:39 am
teachkids wrote:

You can if you have some before the second night starts.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 8:40 am
teachkids wrote:

You can if you partake of the food before the end of the first day/beginning of the second night. Many people heat up their food earlier and give the kids dinner before the first day has ended.
OP, like your husband said, itā€™s not an issue. You can cook dairy and meat at the same time on the stove, and you can even cook dairy and meat in the same oven at the same time as long as both are properly covered.

iyar

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 8:43 am
You canā€™t put up a pot of soup in the morning for that night.
You canā€™t cook one day for the next.
On Yom Tov weā€™re allowed to cook but weā€™re restricted to cooking only for that day.
This year when Rosh Hashanah is Monday and Tuesday, you canā€™t start cooking, warming up food or preparing for Monday nightā€™s meal until Monday night.
Thereā€™s an in between part of Monday evening from sunset to dark when itā€™s best not to cook at all.

RW

Post Fri, Sep 23 2022, 8:48 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
You can if you partake of the food before the end of the first day/beginning of the second night. Many people heat up their food earlier and give the kids dinner before the first day has ended.
OP, like your husband said, itā€™s not an issue. You can cook dairy and meat at the same time on the stove, and you can even cook dairy and meat in the same oven at the same time as long as both are properly covered.

Thank you so much for your response šŸ˜Š
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics