Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Orly skirts- worth the price?
1  2  3  Next

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 3:57 pm
Teen DD saw an Orly skirt that she really likes. She thinks it has a beautiful cut. These skirts run for around $155. Are they worth it? Are there similar skirts at a lower price point?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 3:58 pm
I used to get the orly skirts- now I get apparalel. I like them better.

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 4:02 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Teen DD saw an Orly skirt that she really likes. She thinks it has a beautiful cut. These skirts run for around $155. Are they worth it? Are there similar skirts at a lower price point?

I personally wear orly skirts, they're gorgeous, and the pleats stay forever. I have 5, that I've bought over the last few years, 1 per year. I'm not skinny, and there's something about these skirts that are flattering for me, so I look at them as investment pieces. However, I don't know if I would spend so much on my teen, since she is still growing and her size might change. What I do with my older daughters when something is outrageously priced, but they really want it, I ask them to contribute. It shows that they really love it if they're willing to spend some of their own money, and they end up taking good care of it. Of all the popular skirts (apparalel, meli's etc), I find the orlys to be the most comfortable and flattering.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 4:12 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
I personally wear orly skirts, they're gorgeous, and the pleats stay forever. I have 5, that I've bought over the last few years, 1 per year. I'm not skinny, and there's something about these skirts that are flattering for me, so I look at them as investment pieces. However, I don't know if I would spend so much on my teen, since she is still growing and her size might change. What I do with my older daughters when something is outrageously priced, but they really want it, I ask them to contribute. It shows that they really love it if they're willing to spend some of their own money, and they end up taking good care of it. Of all the popular skirts (apparalel, meli's etc), I find the orlys to be the most comfortable and flattering.

DD is fully grown

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 4:14 pm
Apparel is much nicer in my opinion.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:15 pm
She saw a specific Orly skirt she liked, so I think we'll be sticking with that one for now. She wasn't davka looking into Orly... But thanks for the other brands suggestions. Will keep it in mind for next time.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:45 pm
Alispecials.com has a similar skirt

pinkpeonies

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:53 pm
Honestly, the only short pleated skirts that are worth buying are Orly and aparalel. Nothing else comes close. There are the copies, like sams fashion, but they are no where near the cut and the beautiful figure that the Orly and aparallel give. 100% with the price

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:54 pm
pinkpeonies wrote:
Honestly, the only short pleated skirts that are worth buying are Orly and aparalel. Nothing else comes close. There are the copies, like sams fashion, but they are no where near the cut and the beautiful figure that the Orly and aparallel give. 100% with the price

How about midi length?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:15 pm
I like the Sam Fashion. Half the price and lasted really well.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:42 pm
amother Olive wrote:
I like the Sam Fashion. Half the price and lasted really well.

Can you post a link?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 8:20 pm
I own one orly skirt and wear it much more frequently than my other skirts.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 8:23 pm
Can someone link the skirt?

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 8:46 pm
I also like the aparalel better than the Orly. They're around $100. The Orly skirt pimples with time.

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 9:30 pm
Whats an orly skirt?

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 9:49 pm
So interesting. The Orly skirt accentuates my stomach which can be hidden in so many other company's skirts.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 9:49 pm
amother Apple wrote:
Whats an orly skirt?

I had to look it up Smile

https://www.orlyny.com/shop.html
Looks like really nice stuff, but out of my price range, especially since I bough three apparallel skirts this fall Hiding

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 10:00 pm
After reading the thread, I went to check it out.

So, I am not into pleated at all
I am not into short term fashion fads,
and I am not creazy about the knitted skirts looks

and most of all, I am not into spending over $100 for a skirt

I shop at macys, or elsewhere , and bh was lucky to find over the years long skirts that are versatile, long lasting, always in (in my opinion) and didnt spend more than $30 each
Yes, I know skirts are not always easy to find in the non jewish stores. But thats where I shop.

Enjoy spending on what you like

To me low cost is attractive

Solid colors are enjoyed for years

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 10:08 pm
Can you wash and dry in the machine Orly and Apparel skirts?

mizle10

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 10:24 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
So interesting. The Orly skirt accentuates my stomach which can be hidden in so many other company's skirts.

Everyone's different Smile

I'm thin and the aparalel skirts make me look pregant.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics