Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Plane and toddler
Previous  1  2

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:41 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks all. Answering all the questions at once.
Between DH and I one of us needs to be free as we BH have a few kids including this toddler and baby. We booked it online ourselves and customer service in general doesn’t do anything and we have to wait to ask the agent at the gate. We usually we end up being split up but near each other and we split the kids. It’s very annoying to schlep a car seat through the airport together with the double stroller, possible car seat for baby if at the gate they tell us they have an extra seat, diaper bag, carry ones, etc. plus kids:)

If you do check-in at airport or drop luggage try to speak to airline representative about seats and not at the last minute at the gate. At the gate seating is supposed to be final. All staff is eager for people to board and take-off. It isn't the place and time to deal with seating.
Sorry

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:54 am
Can one of your older children be in charge of wheeling the car seat through airport? They make wheels that make it very easy. If not they also make special straps to strap it to a piece of hand luggage.

I would definitely do whatever I could in your circumstances to get it on the plane. But you need to make sure you have a window seat. Some airlines will switch you to a window if you have a car seat and some will say too bad and take the car seat away at the gate in which case your shlep was for nothing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 11:16 am
Thanks all. I’ve flown many times without paying for reserving seats and BH have never had a problem with dealing with it at the gate. Kids are all young so I can’t ask one to let their lap be for a toddlers head. After reading al of the responses I decided to just go ahead with true car seats even though it’s a schlep. I also looked online and realized that it only cost abt $10/seat to reserve seats so I did it even though we won’t all be in the same row and a stranger will be in the aisles.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 11:29 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks all. I’ve flown many times without paying for reserving seats and BH have never had a problem with dealing with it at the gate. Kids are all young so I can’t ask one to let their lap be for a toddlers head. After reading al of the responses I decided to just go ahead with true car seats even though it’s a schlep. I also looked online and realized that it only cost abt $10/seat to reserve seats so I did it even though we won’t all be in the same row and a stranger will be in the aisles.

Great that your reserved Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics