Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Anyone else not shave their legs?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 5:52 pm
I do not shave any part of my body (I do wax or tweeze the few hairs on my chin).

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 6:37 pm
I don't shave my legs or my underarms. Dh is fine with it. I do wear thick tights year round, so there's that. My mother was over recently when I was lounging around at home and caught a glimpse of my leg hair and freaked out lol. She's a very high maintenence, always done up to the nines kind of person and me being the opposite of that has been a lifelong struggle. I think she didn't think I could outdo myself, but oh well. She's not the one who has to be OK with me, that's dh (and me. I also need to be OK with me, and bh I am!)

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 7:02 pm
I'm reading these and wondering, do your husbands REALLY not care?
Or do they just say they don't because they don't want to get into a whole thing with you with you complaining how difficult it is and you don't ask THEM to shave, or how they should love you no matter what you look like etc etc...

amother
Lightyellow

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 7:04 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
Or do they just say they don't because they don't want to get into a whole thing with you with you complaining how difficult it is and you don't ask THEM to shave, or how they should love you no matter what you look like etc etc...

Really don't. They have hair too so it's not like it's really a gross thing to them. We discuss everything so it's not like he can't tell me, he tells me about plenty of things I do that he hates.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 7:08 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:

My husband would probably insist that all men do care. He can’t imagine someone not caring. But in general he has strong opinions on how women should look, and just about everything else. I try to meet his standards, even though there is a bit of a double standard here…

Sewsew_mom

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 7:12 pm
I lasered my legs because I hate shaving and honestly it's not that expensive when you realize how much time it's saving you.
Best investment
Also.. My husband wouldn't care either. I care more.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 7:13 pm
Last time I shaved was at the end of June before I went swimming the first time this summer. I will probably only do it again this year if I go on vacation and go swimming. I have light colored hair, am not very hairy, and wear 60 denier tights even in the summer.

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 12:16 am
I think its disgusting to see women's hairy legs through their tights.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 12:31 am
amother Alyssum wrote:

I personally wax/cream all my hair off all year around, but why are you looking at other women’s legs? Maybe what other women are doing is none of your business.

Imax5

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 12:55 am
Not since a couple of months past my wedding.

I did as a teen but stopped shortly after. Did again after Kallah classes but it got old quickly.

I asked a rav and he said if I wouldn’t shave for an important meeting or a simcha there’s no need to do so for Mikvah.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:35 am
amother Apricot wrote:
Are you people who are not shaving going bare legged or wearing sheer tights that you can see the hair growing?
Or are you talking from a comfort point of view?

I can never be bothered shaving but I do it bevause I dont want people seeing my legs with hair on.
When I wear thick tights I dont do it very often, but in the summer with v thin tights I keep on top of it.
In the warmer months I have nothing on my legs. And I dont always wear long skirts. So my hair technically can be seen. I dont really care.
What do you mean from a comfort point of view?

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:37 am
practically - all you that do shave just shave until the knee?
just curious

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:40 am
amother Dahlia wrote:

Why does it matter which it is? If a husband really doesnt care, great. If he says he doesnt care even if he might, thats also great as he is showing his wife that these things are a wife's choice.

But Ive spoken with my husband about it. He doesnt care. Has never said anything about the hair on my legs. I used to shave for mikvah, but Im past that stage in life and now if and when I remember I might do it a few times a year. But would rather just not.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:42 am
amother Alyssum wrote:

Well that's a you problem. There is nothing disgusting about hair and if you don't want to see don't look. Also some therapy to get over your fear and disgust about hair might be really helpful to enhance your life.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 5:37 am
I never shave, wax, tweeze, anything, except my armpits once in awhile because I feel cleaner with less hair there. My DH prefers that I leave my legs alone, he likes the natural look and hates the prickly feeling when it grows back in. And I wear very long skirts and opaque tights year round so nobody knows the difference anyway.

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 5:59 am
I did laser on my legs quite a few years ago - I have hairy legs and it was a real pain going for waxing.

I don't shave under my arms. My DH really says he doesn't care. And I don't like it when it's prickly. Waxing sounds too painful, never tried!

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 6:04 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
Why? And why are you looking at their legs? And if you are grossed out, dont look there.

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 7:19 am
I used to shave my legs regularly, every Friday year round and twice a week during the summer. Something happened when I turned 40, hormonal probably, and now I barely have to shave at all since my leg hair pretty much stopped growing in. It's great!

BatZion

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 8:04 am
amother Alyssum wrote:

I am willing to say under my own screenname that while I don't think it's "disgusting," it does gross me out a little to see long black hairs under nude tights.
Why? Probably been influenced by society.
I don't look out for it. Just notice these things.
But hey- to each their own...whatever makes you happy sisters.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:19 am
My husband does care, but as far as I can tell, it's not high on his priority list.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics