Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Petite and Curvy - Shabbos Clothing
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 7:23 pm
I'm looking for Shabbos clothing for myself. I'm 5 feet tall and 150 pounds, large chest. Having a very hard time finding anything that will look ok.

I'm in my mid twenties.

Would spend up to $150.

Any links? Please help a desparate Ima Smile

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 8:59 am
Bump! I really need for Sukkos so I would have to order today probably.

Aurora

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:25 am
I think it might be easiest to look for 1-3 nice tops and a matching skirt instead of a dress. This way you can accommodate different measurements.

Also, a statement necklace might help since it tends to make a large bust look more proportional.

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:38 am
I am 5 feet tall and closer to 180 lbs. What works for me is a really good fitting black Shabbos skirt, which I really have to buy in person, and a few tops. I like Yal brand a lot - they are not as tight as some others. Sorry, I don't have any links as I find it too hard to shop online, but hope these pointers help. Hatzlacha!

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:44 am
amother Aconite wrote:
I am 5 feet tall and closer to 180 lbs. What works for me is a really good fitting black Shabbos skirt, which I really have to buy in person, and a few tops. I like Yal brand a lot - they are not as tight as some others. Sorry, I don't have any links as I find it too hard to shop online, but hope these pointers help. Hatzlacha!

This is what I do. I buy tops to go with black skirts.
There are some tops and skirts on Amazon but it’s really not perfect (for me). Maybe you’ll have good luck on Amazon. If you have prime, buy lots of choices and return whatever isn’t good.
Also, try kohl’s petite tops. Very often I find something nice at kohl’s. Easy to return if it’s not good.
Op, where do you live? I’m around the same height and weight and have lived in a few different cities. Maybe I can tell you which stores are good to shop at..

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:46 am
Aurora wrote:
I think it might be easiest to look for 1-3 nice tops and a matching skirt instead of a dress. This way you can accommodate different measurements.

Also, a statement necklace might help since it tends to make a large bust look more proportional.

Thanks, that's a good idea. I have a couple of nice black skirts, one a line and one knit pleated. I could look for tops to go with those...

What do you mean by a statement necklace?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:47 am
amother Aconite wrote:

Thank you. Maybe I'll try Yal sweaters. How long are the sleeves? My arms are pretty short so I can end up drowning them in tops.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:48 am
amother Clear wrote:
This is what I do. I buy tops to go with black skirts.
There are some tops and skirts on Amazon but it’s really not perfect (for me). Maybe you’ll have good luck on Amazon. If you have prime, buy lots of choices and return whatever isn’t good.
Also, try kohl’s petite tops. Very often I find something nice at kohl’s. Easy to return if it’s not good.
Op, where do you live? I’m around the same height and weight and have lived in a few different cities. Maybe I can tell you which stores are good to shop at..

Thank you, I will try Kohls. I live in Lakewood but will be in Brooklyn closer to YT so can shop there also.

I already tried Junee and Brooklyn South West in person. I'm in store shopped out, stores were so crowded and a little much for introvert me Smile But if you have any great suggestions I'm all ears.

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:51 am
If you live in Lakewood go to Brooklyn southwest. I buy most of my tops from them. They have a large selection and prices are decent.
Practically my whole wardrobe is tops from Brooklyn southwest that go with black skirts.

* I see you wrote that you went to Brooklyn southwest. Go again and just look on the right wall that has lots of shabbos tops and sweaters. Don’t look at the dresses.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:53 am
https://www.japparelny.com/col.....62106

I have seen this style dress on many different body types looked great

Aurora

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:56 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, that's a good idea. I have a couple of nice black skirts, one a line and one knit pleated. I could look for tops to go with those...

What do you mean by a statement necklace?

Something big, with a bunch of details. Possibly kind of chunky. Avoid dainty little pendants.

If you just get a black top(s?) with the black skirt, and a few dressy cardigans and coordinating necklaces in favorite colors or patterns, it might be easiest of all.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:57 am
amother Clear wrote:
* I see you wrote that you went to Brooklyn southwest. Go again and just look on the right wall that has lots of shabbos tops and sweaters. Don’t look at the dresses.

TY! I will try that.

I mostly saw sets and dresses, so will go back and look for Shabbos tops and sweaters.

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:50 am
amother OP wrote:
TY! I will try that.

I mostly saw sets and dresses, so will go back and look for Shabbos tops and sweaters.

I just walked out with 2 shabbos tops and 2 sweaters. They really have. Everything I buy goes with a black skirt. (5 ft tall and in the 140’s) Don’t look around the whole store. Go straight for the tops. Wear a good black skirt and shell so you can see how it will look. Also look for the rack of yal sweaters.
Don’t be shy to ask for help. So many people there can help you sort through shabbos tops if you’re overwhelmed.

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:51 am
amother OP wrote:
TY! I will try that.

I just walked out with 2 shabbos tops and 2 sweaters. They really have. Everything I buy goes with a black skirt. (5 ft tall and in the 140’s) Don’t look around the whole store. Go straight for the tops. Wear a good black skirt and shell so you can see how it will look. Also look for the rack of yal sweaters.
Don’t be shy to ask for help. So many people there can help you sort through shabbos tops if you’re overwhelmed.

Good luck! I hope you get something nice!

amother
Lightcyan

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 11:34 am
If you're going to be in Brooklyn then try Drama. I'm also short and heavy and while not all their styles work for me I have always been able to find at least one really nice piece per season that does.

https://dramanycplus.com/

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 11:41 am
amother Lightcyan wrote:
If you're going to be in Brooklyn then try Drama. I'm also short and heavy and while not all their styles work for me I have always been able to find at least one really nice piece per season that does.

https://dramanycplus.com/

I’m the same height and weight as op more or less. I ordered from dramany and tops were too big for me. Maybe not everything too big?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 6:42 pm
amother Clear wrote:

Good luck! I hope you get something nice!

Thank you for encouraging me to try again. Just got back with a sweater and a blazer!

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for encouraging me to try again. Just got back with a sweater and a blazer!

Yay! You will feel good wearing something new! Glad you were successful!

wordsmith

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 9:42 am
Definitely try Kohls. You'd be surprised what nice outfits you can make that fit well from there. Try both misses and petite sizing as one may fit better than the other.

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 9:48 am
Something loose on top with a fitted waist and flowy bottom - that’s what I look for
I’m 5’2” and 120 lbs but also large chested
I don’t think weight matters, just shape
If you’re big on top, AVOID statement necklaces, that draws the attention TO a your chest!
Maybe statement earrings
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics