Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
How was your fast?? Tell me all about it!
Previous  1  2

amother
Wandflower

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 10:38 pm
Was totally fine B"H. I guess I fast well!

Nursing a 1 month old, lots of kids home. I had a 3 hour nap in the afternoon with the baby which helped Smile

I even managed to daven!

flory42

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 10:42 pm
I’m nursing, but my baby is already 9 months and eats solids. I was horribly nauseous and couldn’t move after the fast was over- I had drunken a cup of apple juice and ate some crackers. I threw up. This has never happened to me, I never even threw up at either of my pregnancies. I don’t know why my body took it so hard. I used to fast really well.

mig100

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 10:43 pm
nnmom wrote:
I made Havdala for myself. I felt not great but not sick but idk how long dh will be. Is that bad? I thought it was fine to do it for yourself

It's fine. I also did

mig100

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 10:44 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
Hoping these contractions die down. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and did shiurim of liquid all day but it wasn't enough and contractions started an hour before the fast ended and I really hope they stop because I really don't want to go to the ER for fluids tonight

Oh my that's hard. Hope it stops

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 11:05 pm
Fast was good. I don’t always feel okay so I’m thankful.
After the fast not so good … got very upset at dh and a teen son. Not a good way to end. Feel weak after eating and drinking.

scintilla

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 11:07 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
Incredibly difficult. Pregnant with 2 young children. I felt very ill but bh my kids were very well behaved so that helped.

Are you me?? Same same. Still recovering.

miami85

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 11:13 pm
Don't know why but I had an amazing Yom Kippur. First time in a while I actually got to shul for almost all 5 tefilllos--not necessarily davening WITH the tzibbur but there was babysitting so I was able to daven without distractions. I was a little bit nervous b/c my 6 month old does not want to take bottles--I even got formula samples from my pediatrician and she barely drank a full ounce ALL day, so I had to nurse her most of the day and then I tried feeding her a pouch and some cheerios but she isn't a huge fan yet. I took Kalizom for nursing mothers and I really felt good most of the day. I dont' know how to stay home for the end of YK, I've always been in shul for Neilah. Even with toddlers, if there wasn't babysitting I brought snack bags and stayed in the back, I need Neilah.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 11:26 pm
What does that mean babysitting in shul? I've never heard of until more than once on imamother...

Love this site

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 11:36 pm
I used to fast out horribly getting nauseous and feeling sicker than all day. Then someone told me not to have any sugar, no juice etc the first few hours. It’s been a game changer for me.

salt

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 3:10 am
amother Jean wrote:
I tried sleeping but downstairs neighbor kept on knocking on my door every hr if she can hear havdalah from dh. Her husband davens by a rebbe and comes home very late. It's not an issue but I'm highly pregnant and had no energy to get up and answer the door. Her kids screamed through the door "can we hear havdalah from your father". I was so agitated and mad trying to take care of 2 toddlers. If you're that neighbor reading this know better for next year and come ask me by the zman! You really think hearing havadalah is an issue??

I don't understand. Every hour during the whole of Yom Kippur she knocked on your door?
Or after YK she knocked every hour?
Why didn't you just tell her that you'll call her when your DH gets home, or give her a time?

amother
Amaranthus

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 6:35 am
salt wrote:
I don't understand. Every hour during the whole of Yom Kippur she knocked on your door?
Why didn't you just tell her that you'll call her when your DH gets home, or give her a time?

She said she was trying to sleep and didn't have the energy to get up.

watergirl

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 6:48 am
amother Royalblue wrote:
What does that mean babysitting in shul? I've never heard of until more than once on imamother...

It literally means babysitting or kids programs in shul. Many shuls have a dedicated space for kids every shabbos with teen leaders doing programs. On RH and YK when the teen leaders themselves are in shul, they hire non-Jews to watch the kids, or parents take shifts, whatever, so the kids have supervision and the parents can daven. When picking a shul, this is a must for me. The years I lived in a community without was very hard and I couldn't wait to move out.

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 8:25 am
salt wrote:

During. Because I couldn't open the door I wasn't going to yell through. I had no idea when dh was coming home.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur