Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
S/O Kids in bathroom - yay or nay?
Previous  1  2  3

Do you bring your kids into the bathroom when you're using it?
Of course - gotta keep 'em safe  
 5%  [ 9 ]
Sure - if they'll be crying otherwise  
 10%  [ 18 ]
Sometimes - I don't really have a policy  
 31%  [ 56 ]
No - except for real emergencies  
 53%  [ 97 ]
Total Votes : 180

amother
Puce

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 3:11 pm
At home, never. Why would I? When I had a baby and a toddler, I'd separate them and put the baby in his crib in the bedroom and lock the door from the outside. The toddler was in the kitchen or wherever.
Malls etc. I took them in and turned them around when they were still stroller age. After that, it was standing right outside the door and me being quick.
Ds 7 needing toilet in a public place - I send him to the men's one but wait within earshot and call him regularly if it takes longer. I also monitor who else goes in.
My mother used to take me in until age 3 or 4, and what can I say, I do remember some details. Still grosses me out when I think about it.

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 4:47 pm
I wrote No but I have Never taken a child in the restroom with me. Never did. Never will.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 6:24 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
I wrote No but I have Never taken a child in the restroom with me. Never did. Never will.

Never say never,
What would you do if you were in a mall with a 2 year old? Or on an airplane by yourself with a 1 year old?

amother
Opal

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 6:27 pm
Exactly.
Id like to know all these people saying never, if you were ever in a situation where you didnt have a choice.

I dont think its ideal but I do sometimes take my 2 yo in and I tell him to turn the other way.
Im always covered anyway , except when Im not I make sure to tell him to look at sink or something.

He knows its not tznius.

The post on the other thread: eww.
If a child can talk and articulate himself well enough, would never let him see whats going on!!

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 9:50 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
Maybe I need my own thread here but I always feel awkward with kids and public bathrooms. Example: I go out with my 8 year old son. He needs to use the bathroom. He goes the mens bathroom alone while I wait outside by the hallway? I'm scared to let him go alone in a mall mens bathroom! or Do I take him to womens bathroom where I can wait outside the stall for him?

I would be very upset to see an 8 year old boy in the womens bathroom. That’s what family bathrooms are for.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 9:51 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
I would be very upset to see an 8 year old boy in the womens bathroom. That’s what family bathrooms are for.

Most places don't have that.
I'm not comfortable with it either, not sure what better alternative

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 10:03 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:

Let him go in the mens bathroom, instruct him to go into a stall and not use a urinal. Give him a phone if it makes you feel more comfortable. Stand outside and talk loudly from outside so people know an adult is watching him. Lots of options.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 10:04 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:

Many places have a handicapped toilet which I have used when I had a young kid with me and sometimes more than one with me but that is not an option on an airplane
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics